Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
    #2315818 - 02/08/04 09:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Who here believes in karma? I didn't used to but I do now for sure. Now I try to give away as much stuff as possible and being as nice as possible. One time me and my friend popped an E and handed out pizza on the city bus. And whenever someone asks for a cigarette I give em 3 or 4. I'm hoping it'll come back to aid me in this life or possibly a future life. If everyone believed in karma the world would be a better place.

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Karma [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2315869 - 02/08/04 09:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

First, what's an "E"?

Second, I totally believe in karma.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMrGrib
Stranger

#2315889 - 02/08/04 09:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I believe your intentions are well with this, but I do not agree with your motives. It sounds to me like you are only being kind and generous because you believe it will offer you something in return in the future. If you stop believing in possible rewards, will you stop doing good? Ironically, it makes it sound kind of selfish to me. But I don't know anything.

OfflineMrGrib
Stranger

Re: Karma [Re: Frog]
    #2315897 - 02/08/04 09:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think he means they took ecstasy (the euphoric psychoactive substance that makes you happy and generous) when they were giving out the pizza.

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Re: Karma [Re: MrGrib]
    #2315927 - 02/08/04 09:27 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah e's ecstacy. We wouldn't has minded giving it away if we werent on E but we're shy people. I know what you're talkin about too Grib. It is kind of self-serving but thats just the way I am, I can't change that. But as long as people are benefiting from it I don't think its bad.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2315939 - 02/08/04 09:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

So because you're shy, you have to take E in order to connect with society? (Just trying to figure this out.)

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

#2315952 - 02/08/04 09:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Karma isnt about 'getting somthing' when you need it just becuase you did somthing nice to someone. Thats being selfish.

Karma is giving what you get, in much more ways than physical things, and action/reaction, yin/yang, that is also duality but that plays a big part in how karma actually plays out.

OfflineMrGrib
Stranger

#2315962 - 02/08/04 09:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I personally believe that (because of the intangibility of it) spirituality and philosophy are less about actions and more the motives behind them. I personally believe that a man who has killed but did not want to, is better off with the "next-life spirits" than a man who does not kill but wants to.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2315978 - 02/08/04 09:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"So because you're shy, you have to take E in order to connect with society? (Just trying to figure this out.) "

:lol: 

I get a feeling you do not like drugs or have never taken them.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2315981 - 02/08/04 09:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

a agree with Mr Grib here. it's the intent behind the action that really shows the heart of an individual.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

#2316004 - 02/08/04 09:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Frog, yes thats true. I'm socially inept and e helps me connect. I only take it maybe once a month now though cause I know its not good for me and the comedown is the worst feeling imaginable. I'm not trying to get something out of anybody! I just know that if I help people out it will be good for my soul which is important to me. What goes around comes around I truly believe that. Grib, so what if somebodys just not a good person? What if they're raised to only look out for number 1 and they can never get past that thinking? Then they start being a good person but only cause they think it'll benefit them spiritually? They'll still have bad karma?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Karma [Re: Scolecite]
    #2316010 - 02/08/04 09:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Scolecite said:
Karma isnt about 'getting somthing' when you need it just becuase you did somthing nice to someone. Thats being selfish.

Karma is giving what you get, in much more ways than physical things, and action/reaction, yin/yang, that is also duality but that plays a big part in how karma actually plays out.

I'm just trying to understand his reasoning. That's why I asked my question. I'm trying to clarify, before I respond.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Karma [Re: kaiowas]
    #2316019 - 02/08/04 09:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
"So because you're shy, you have to take E in order to connect with society? (Just trying to figure this out.) "

:lol: 

I get a feeling you do not like drugs or have never taken them.

I connect with society all of the time.  He sounds like he might not be able to connect with society unless he takes "e".  Again, just tryin to clarify.

--------------------

OfflineMrGrib
Stranger

#2316022 - 02/08/04 09:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

lol at Frog. I think it's hilarious that you're still at this point in the discussion. hehe.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2316028 - 02/08/04 09:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shroom_muncher said:
Frog, yes thats true. I'm socially inept and e helps me connect. I only take it maybe once a month now though cause I know its not good for me and the comedown is the worst feeling imaginable. I'm not trying to get something out of anybody! I just know that if I help people out it will be good for my soul which is important to me. What goes around comes around I truly believe that. Grib, so what if somebodys just not a good person? What if they're raised to only look out for number 1 and they can never get past that thinking? Then they start being a good person but only cause they think it'll benefit them spiritually? They'll still have bad karma?

How do you know that you are socially inept?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2316034 - 02/08/04 09:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You may think I'm hilarious, but I always want to help a fellow human being, if possible.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2316049 - 02/08/04 09:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"Grib, so what if somebodys just not a good person? What if they're raised to only look out for number 1 and they can never get past that thinking? Then they start being a good person but only cause they think it'll benefit them spiritually? They'll still have bad karma?"

how can you judge yourself this way!!!! so what if you were "raised" that way, I was raised a certain way, but my heart told me it didn't agree (neither did my mind). don't go blaming how you were raised in order to sustain yourself with self limiting beliefs such as "they can never get pass that thinking"

it's a-ok to make mistakes as I have done a plethora of times hehe. that's what karma is there for, to see what you do with yourself. and it's not even the action alone that determines the karma, but also I think it is the intent of the person. If I am describing karma incorrectly sorry, I don't really believe in it anyway....

what do you mean by a good person?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2316057 - 02/08/04 09:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"I connect with society all of the time. He sounds like he might not be able to connect with society unless he takes "e". Again, just tryin to clarify."

I see what you're getting it hehe sorry :grin:

but realy e is a really crazy drug that (depending on the person) can give them a good idea of the way things could be.  it is up to the person to feel what they feel, a lot of the time, E can unlock hidden thought patterns, as it did for me.  then again I could jsut be delusional  :nut:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2316060 - 02/08/04 09:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shroom_muncher said:

Sounds to me like in spite of yourself, you have good karma. You are concerned about others, in spite of the wrong you might do.
Don't listen to others. Listen to your heart, your soul. You, and you alone, knows what is right and what is wrong. THAT is your karma.

--------------------

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Re: Karma [Re: kaiowas]
    #2316075 - 02/08/04 10:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Its too much to explain why i'm socially inept but believe me I am. I wasn't talking about me btw, I was raised to be a good person but I turned out semi-bad. A good person as in they really want to help mankind and act selflessly all the time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order