Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Kratom, Magic Flight Launch Box, Melatonin, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
kratom methods
    #2287154 - 01/30/04 03:04 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

what are some reliable methods of kratom consumption? Thanks!

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: kratom methods [Re: Xochitl]
    #2287994 - 01/30/04 09:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

anything utilizing water as a catalyst...ie, spit, tea. mitragynine and the other alkaloids are fairly water soluble from my understanding

extract for smoking may be effective. i've only had the fake kratom 'mellow gold acetate' and felt little more than a mild yohimbe-like feeling at best.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #2288005 - 01/30/04 09:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I use a coffee plunger and throw in a pinch of citric acid, then pour on boiling water and let sit for about 20 minutes. Works very well  :crazy2: :thumbup:. When I feel for a refil, a second rinse does fine. I have no idea why various net sources recomends boiling it for extended periods of time, it seems to extract very easily.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: kratom methods [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #2288447 - 01/30/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I see leaves being sold for 50-100 baht on the streets on Koh Samui. Cheaper in Changmai.

I have a colleague who help write a paper for me on New Zealand mushrooms. He hasd a permit for drugs in NZ. He studied Kratom and I tried it on a few ocassions.

It can be smoked, drank in a potion such as tea, or by chewing the leaves.

It is only illegal in Thailand and nowhere else on the earth.

My friend Karl L. R. Jansen wrote several published papers on Kratom.
There is a large tre on campus at thew University in Bangkok where I work each summer. I will take photos of it this summer. No seeds seem to be available.

It has the euphoric narcotic effects similar tro opium and at the same time the stay awake stimulating effects of Coca (cocaine).

While illegal in Thailand, it is used in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) for herion withdrawel trewatment.

The Malaysians use it thus because it is not as addicting as methadone is.

mj

have a shroomy day. I have an article somewhere and if someone witll pm me in three or four days I will find and post it.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2288569 - 01/31/04 01:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the advice organic, young, & mjshroomer :thumbup: I plan to experiment tomorrow afternoon and I will post the results.

have a great weekend everyone :heart:

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

#2289282 - 01/31/04 10:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You will  not be disappointed  :smile:
Enjoy!

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2291797 - 02/01/04 03:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you're right - I was not disappointed! Wow is all I can say.

Being unsure of dosage amounts, we weighted out 28 grams thinking that would be sufficient for two people. We let the water boil and then cool to a nice slow simmer. 28 grams of dried kratom was added to the water along with some squeezed lemon juice. Stirred and simmered for about 20 minutes. Strained three times.

Let cool and added some sugar for favor. Drank two coffee mugs within 30 minutes - the favor was a bit...uhh...bitter and weird. I wonder if there are any good recipes around to mask the taste like there are with kava.

Shortly after finishing the second mug, we started to feel real light and giddy. Body effects gradually kicked in - skin sensitive to touch (in a good body roll kinda way) and euphoria as well. Very nice! Totally unexpected. Very sensual - sex was amazing.

The effects seemed to last the better part of three hours. Some parts were quite intense - both dopey and awake/clear headed. I can see why kratom is a methadone substitute.

Eventually we feel asleep. Upon waking up, I feel fine but my partner feels a bit hungover - not like from alcohol but from dope. Nothing too serious - just tired and headache. I feel no hangover myself.

I am very looking forward to other nights with kratom :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2292395 - 02/01/04 09:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I really liked kratom the one time I tried it. The recipe I had called for 28 grams for one large dose, so I was under it's effects for a real long time. Most of the day really. The next morning I had an "afterglow" and was really into whatever I was doing.

I could see how it could be addictive, but spaced out and at medium sized doses I think it's not so bad. Great stuff!

Offlineiggy
mycophile

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: kratom methods [Re: Organic]
    #2292931 - 02/02/04 01:53 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

hey I was just wondering did you get the mellow gold from ethnogarden botanicals??? I was thinking of trying them but they seem really expensive.
thanx,
iggy

--------------------
Zip-"Mok, are we evil?"

Mok-"Do you know what evil spelled backwards is? Live. And we all want to do that dont we?"

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: kratom methods [Re: Twirling]
    #2293125 - 02/02/04 03:49 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I notivced in Thailand that people chew a leaf or two a day, but I did not see any9ne ever eating a whole ounce of the leaves.

That would be more than a few grams of opium a day and that is how much a junkie woould use

Anyway, be cool, Opiates are addicting horribly and so does Kratom. I have seen Kratom junkies in thailand who are worthless becasue they cannot function normally. And I hace seen Opiate addicts in villages who are worthless to thoier communities.
mj

OfflineWhiteh
Even Stranger..

Re: kratom methods [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2293457 - 02/02/04 08:27 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:

Anyway, be cool, Opiates are addicting horribly and so does Kratom. I have seen Kratom junkies in thailand who are worthless becasue they cannot function normally. And I hace seen Opiate addicts in villages who are worthless to thoier communities.
mj

Does Kratom contain opiate alkaloids? Is it related to the poppy?
Sorry if I sound really ignorant but I'd never heard of it before this post and erowid doesn't really say much about it. It's available from online ethnobotanical suppliers and I think I'd like to give it a go. Is it similar to an opium high?

--------------------
"Too low to find my way, too high to wonder why" - Thievery Corporation

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2294921 - 02/02/04 07:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I agree, it certinaly has a high/moderate potential for addiction. Time & moderation is the way to go.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: kratom methods [Re: Whiteh]
    #2298269 - 02/03/04 07:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Whiteh said:
Does Kratom contain opiate alkaloids? Is it related to the poppy?
Sorry if I sound really ignorant but I'd never heard of it before this post and erowid doesn't really say much about it. It's available from online ethnobotanical suppliers and I think I'd like to give it a go. Is it similar to an opium high?

It's fairly simular, although I'm not sure of that alkaloids involved.

I'm curouis, how much citiric acid/lemon juice would any of you recommend using?

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Re: kratom methods [Re: Twirling]
    #2299161 - 02/04/04 01:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

we used half a lemon while the tea was simmering, and then later used the other half after straining in order to mask the bitter flavor. Seemed sufficient to do the trick :thumbup:

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: kratom methods [Re: iggy]
    #2303125 - 02/05/04 01:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

iggy: yeah thats the same mellow gold I had.  I haven't used it much, just smoking it several times in a bowl or vaporizer and one oral dose.  when smoking, it has a definite "tryptamine" buzz to it, but just a little stronger than a high dose of melatonin or yohimbe.  mixes well with other herbs.

I dosed one OOO gelcap full of the extract orally and it gave me a NICE speedy buzz, unique in itself.  cleaned my house but kept getting caught in the intricacies of my houseplants and decorations.  it was a very interesting feeling.  This was even after the acetate was a couple months old and changed from the original chalkyness to looking really dark and resiny.  Don't expect anything mindblowing from it, but worth a try at least.

kratom contains mitragynine and other tryptamines which hit opiate receptors.  murple has a nice write up of it on erowid :wink:

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Re: kratom methods [Re: Organic]
    #2303653 - 02/05/04 04:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

#2306007 - 02/05/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Mj, I would appreciate very much if you would post that article you were mentioning.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2306815 - 02/05/04 10:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

me too

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2308722 - 02/06/04 03:20 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

HI,
I am now scanning one of five articles from my files. I really do not have time to post the other four at this moment as I am on a deadline on my CD-Rom bibliography of entheogenic fungi.

This one will be in a separate thread titled maybe as, Kratom Article promised by MJ.

Okay. It is a short one.

bye

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Kratom, Magic Flight Launch Box, Melatonin, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden