Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Objective Teleportation.
    #2215106 - 01/02/04 01:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

There use to be magic now it's swept aside. It will be neat to exist when the mind will be able to completely objectively teleport object and such to different areas. Maybe someone will help me make a safe landing path to a nice island.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: Droz]
    #2215303 - 01/02/04 03:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe someone will help me make a safe landing path to a nice island.

Or maybe you will be decieved and find haven to a hellish dimension...think about that!

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2215306 - 01/02/04 03:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The mind can already do this. Check this out:

There is a fork here on my desk. I used it to consume food. I would like that fork to be in the dishwasher in the kitchen.... I will now use my mind to grab the fork with my hand , walk into the kitchen, place the fork in the dishwasher. Let's see if it works...

WOW I've returned from the kitchen and now the fork is gone from my desk! The wonders of these mind/body combos, eh?!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #2215474 - 01/02/04 05:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

No that is not what I meant Strumpling. Your mind moves your hand. What if your mind could move that fork as an extension of your body. If i could blink my eyes and land on top of a mountain in new comfortable clothes, and the sky nice and clear with the stars out. Or maybe land next to a waterfall, then i'll build a hut and throw some seeds and slow my mind down and watch the plant grow. When the plant finishes growing i then begin to ponder, where did these seeds come from. Now when i find where the seeds come from i get lost in confused and don't know what to think so i stumble, only to regrow as a new seed.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2215524 - 01/02/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hehe I understand what you mean, but to me, this is the closest possibility that existence has come up with so far.

Being able to interact with the environment with just my hands I find to be an amazing accomplishment by evolution and life in general. Ask a plant to put that fork in the dishwasher, and you'll get a blank stare.

We're headed in the right direction - I think teleportation will be a possibility - from what I understand though, teleporting something isn't really moving it from one place to another - the process is actually just deconstructing the object COMPLETELY to see PRECISELY how it is built, and then reassembling it elsewhere with the data obtained through deconstruction.

edit: I don't think teleportation will ever be built into the brain naturally (edit#2: if it isn't already :wink: )- that would have to be a component we add later using the reaches of technology

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (01/02/04 05:53 PM)

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: Strumpling]
    #2215531 - 01/02/04 05:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I also think telepotation will become a possibility at some point, if our current physics continues to advance in the same manner that it has...

Though I think "teleportation" will not involve moving an object from one point to another, so much as moving one point to another point - with the object simply switching the point it occupies as the points move.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: trendal]
    #2216026 - 01/03/04 12:13 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

possible and has been done.  just my two cents, worthless i am sure  :tongue:

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2216049 - 01/03/04 12:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quite possible that it has/is done somewhere in the Universe, yes. Very slightly possible that it has been done by humans...though I highly doubt it.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2216210 - 01/03/04 02:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

could you point me to where I could see some documentation on this?

Of course your two cents have "worth" if they are legit cents.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: Strumpling]
    #2218205 - 01/04/04 10:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hmm, i guess you could try walking into the pentagon or some fort the name of which i can't remeber where i know some of this stuff goes on.

my belief that teleportation has been done comes from an anacdote told to me by a person who told me telekinesis was real, and suggested methods for proving that to myself. which i then did, so i have no reason to doubt teleportation either.

i guess that wouldn't really help YOU though  :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2218216 - 01/04/04 10:34 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You have found teleportation? Seriously? I've been looking everywhere for it... I am in desperate need of it (just ask a certain someone). Fill me in, man.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2218224 - 01/04/04 10:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

just that it exsists/has been done. get practicing and if you have natural talent and dedication you'll maybe be able to do it in 10-30 years

every reply of my in this post gets a goofy tounge stick out face by the way

(psipog.net look up the articles on phasing. the person who phased knew someone who had the same problem with short teleportation.)

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2218238 - 01/04/04 10:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hehe, teleportation would come in handy.... I can't wait until we can all do it. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2218393 - 01/04/04 12:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My 9-year old and I were talking about teleportation on our drive from Texas to California.    :smile:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: Frog]
    #2218462 - 01/04/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My 9-year old and I were talking about teleportation on our drive from Texas to California.

I was taking to a friend about driving while teleporting back from Tahiti...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2218485 - 01/04/04 01:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Though I think "teleportation" will not involve moving an object from one point to another, so much as moving one point to another point - with the object simply switching the point it occupies as the points move

spice must flow... :wink:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: Swami]
    #2218555 - 01/04/04 02:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
My 9-year old and I were talking about teleportation on our drive from Texas to California.

I was taking to a friend about driving while teleporting back from Tahiti...

I was talking to a friend's 9 year old about Tahiti while teleporting back from my drive.  :grin:

Now someone say quick "I was talking to my 9 year old's friend about Tahiti while driving back from my teleport".  :lol:

:nut:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#2220391 - 01/05/04 11:29 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I can hardly grasp your concept of switching points. Do you mean that our understanding of physics will reach up to the point where we can twist the fabric of space, or maybe realize that somehow more dimensions are interwoven in it, or what?

Theoretically speaking, teleportation may be possible once nanotechnology is advanced enough so that we can scan all molecules of an object, then send the relevant information to a receiving machine in another location and rebuild the structure there, with some molecules that are kept in stock (then we can destroy the original or keep it as a backup in case something goes wrong).

But, when it comes to a conscious being, there is the issue of whether the quality called consciousness will be transferred. If consciousness is an emergent property of simply the organization of matter, that is regardless of the specific atoms that constitute the structure, then maybe yes, but how would you know?

If you teleport someone, you will presumably have a copy that would still talk and everything, but how would you know for sure that she is conscious? What if our assumptions are false?

J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Objective Teleportation. [Re: raytrace]
    #2221459 - 01/05/04 07:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

can hardly grasp your concept of switching points. Do you mean that our understanding of physics will reach up to the point where we can twist the fabric of space, or maybe realize that somehow more dimensions are interwoven in it, or what?

I'm not sure, but it's quite possible either could be the final solution. Warping of spacetime is possible and can be quite easily accomplished by confining large ammounts of energy/matter to a small spatial area (ie: gravity). It may also be possible that our idea of extended distance is entierly an illusion...though I am not sure exactly how.

Theoretically speaking, teleportation may be possible once nanotechnology is advanced enough so that we can scan all molecules of an object, then send the relevant information to a receiving machine in another location and rebuild the structure there, with some molecules that are kept in stock (then we can destroy the original or keep it as a backup in case something goes wrong).

According to the Heisenberg uncertainty you could never know everything about even ONE particle, let alone such a number in system.

--------------------

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#2222496 - 01/06/04 08:07 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

According to the Heisenberg uncertainty you could never know everything about even ONE particle, however you don't really care about individual particles but rather for the topological relations between aggregations of particles, that is, the geometry on a molecular level. You can treat molecules as black boxes and pass only the necessary information regarding their interaction and the dependencies within the structures formed. Compress it; pipe it. Given that a near complete geometry is correctly passed, on reconstruction the old dynamics will take over the new structure. Does that not suffice?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order