Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Uber or Taxi
    #22078227 -

I hate uber as a company. I dont like the fact that they discourage tipping.

I dont like how its all done through an app, and that cash is not accepted as a form of payment.

I do like that its normal people driving and not weird cabbys, but cabbys put their time and money into becoming one. They pay licensing and rent their cabs.

10/10 times ill take a taxi over uber if im on the street, but tonight i cant get a cab.

Ill probably end up taking uber for the first time

Tldr
Whats your opinion on Uber and the way its killing the average cabby?

*edit*it also doesnt help that EVERY person ive ever heard talking about uber is a major douche


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: JvF]
    #22078259 -

I was gonna take uber to a shamans cactus ranch in the mtns today but I don't use credit nor PayPal.:sad: so although I've not actually used their service...:thumbdown:


--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: JvF]
    #22078276 -

Never heard of it, but it sounds like a good way to get raped. Random ass people driving you around in their car and all through an app, it just sounds fucky.


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: Gottaloveacid] * 1
    #22078361 -

i never use either, but if i needed to use one, i'd go with uber.

watching the taxi drivers rage about it all over the world makes for good entertainment.


i'm 100% cool with uber. if they have a better business model than traditional taxi services, then guess what? tough titties. its called capitalism

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: Adolin]
    #22078372 -

Gresh said:
i never use either, but if i needed to use one, i'd go with uber.

watching the taxi drivers rage about it all over the world makes for good entertainment.


i'm 100% cool with uber. if they have a better business model than traditional taxi services, then guess what? tough titties. its called capitalism



Is it better practice? It's kinda like using untaxed subcontractors and everybody hates those.


--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: King Klick]
    #22078380 -

untaxed subxontractors can ruin a job site, or make a dangerous building. or whatever.


but as far as driving someone around? you shouldnt need to go to some special school and work your way through the 'taxi ranks', which i'm guessing starts with cleaning jizz off the back seats of the fleet.

fuck that noise. if you can drive yourself, you can drive other people around.

Edited by Adolin (08/11/15 08:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: Adolin]
    #22078381 -

In NYC it costs about a million dollars to get a taxi medallion and they are limited.  They are heavily regulated.  Uber is unfair competition and should have to play by the same rules as everybody else in the ride for hire industry.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: Adolin] * 1
    #22078394 -

Uber is awesome. You can see the exact locations of cars and its generally pretty cheap barring the inflation during peak hours. They did charge me $200 bc my girlfriend threw up in the car one time :lol:


--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: zappaisgod]
    #22078396 -

zappaisgod said:
In NYC it costs about a million dollars to get a taxi medallion and they are limited.  They are heavily regulated.  Uber is unfair competition and should have to play by the same rules as everybody else in the ride for hire industry.



thats absurd. shouldnt be that way in the first place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: zappaisgod] * 2
    #22078400 -

unregulated evil is so less kosher than the regulated kind.

+
Malcolm_Xtasy said:
They did charge me $200 bc my girlfriend threw up in the car one time :lol:



Quote:
Shop for: Ranch Dressing



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: JvF]
    #22078406 -

Cabbies in the city turn down smaller fares all the time. I don't think those companies deserve to complain about Uber. There's a void and it's being filled.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: King Klick]
    #22078412 -

Do you get to see what car they drive first? it would blow if you paid someone first online than they come scoop you up in a honda or something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: Adolin]
    #22078429 -

Gresh said:
zappaisgod said:
In NYC it costs about a million dollars to get a taxi medallion and they are limited.  They are heavily regulated.  Uber is unfair competition and should have to play by the same rules as everybody else in the ride for hire industry.



thats absurd. shouldnt be that way in the first place




I don't disagree but it has been that way for decades and the guys who bought medallins and are regulated unto hell are getting fucked.  Uber should have to play by the same rules thay do.  That includes having disabled accessible cars and special licenses and full insurance.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: zappaisgod]
    #22078432 -

Yeah that part is bullshit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: geffer]
    #22078434 -

Then everyone would only pick the drivers with lambos and ferraris, and the ones who need the money from extra passengers are loosing out :shrug:


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #22078444 -

I like Uber

Use them all the time on weekends when I get hammered

They're fast as fuck, I mean they're literally picking you up within 5 minutes of hitting the accept button on the app

And they're considerably cheaper than taxis, taxi rates are out of control

For the longest time, taxis were the only game in town so they kept raising rates and fucking over the passenger

Now they have real competition and they can't stand it, hopefully this will force them to have some realistically competitive rates, otherwise they can fuck the fuck off and eat a fat dick


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #22078446 -

XLCaps said:
Cabbies in the city turn down smaller fares all the time. I don't think those companies deserve to complain about Uber. There's a void and it's being filled.



Actually the fares they most often turn down are to the outer boroughs.  And it's illegal to do so.  They love the small fares in Manhattan becasue they start with a flat fee.  They make more money per hour if they go 1 block than they do if they go to Queens.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: Nifflerz]
    #22078452 -

Niffla said:
I like Uber

Use them all the time on weekends when I get hammered

They're fast as fuck, I mean they're literally picking you up within 5 minutes of hitting the accept button on the app

And they're considerably cheaper than taxis, taxi rates are out of control

For the longest time, taxis were the only game in town so they kept raising rates and fucking over the passenger

Now they have real competition and they can't stand it, hopefully this will force them to have some realistically competitive rates, otherwise they can fuck the fuck off and eat a fat dick



The government sets the rates the taxis can charge in NYC


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: zappaisgod]
    #22078462 -

they should stick to regulating how high the fences are that they sit on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Uber or Taxi [Re: akira_akuma]
    #22078473 -

I don't disagree but the guys the government forced to pay millions of dollars for the license to operate taxis are getting fucked and I think Uber should have to play by the same rules.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone work as a taxi driver for Uber? Confucian 1,691 19 12/07/14 06:23 PM
by zappaisgod
* When you hear someone is a full-time Uber driver...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JvF 3,900 72 03/22/16 12:38 PM
by JvF
* Black teens repeatedly slap Uber driver for refusing to drive them
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
Malcolm_Xtasy 9,893 324 06/28/15 12:27 PM
by Psychonautica
* Uber Etiquette
( 1 2 all )
Alexthegreat 449 21 11/11/17 10:22 AM
by moonrockmushy
* Los Angeles Taxi Rate Scams, I also cannot believe this. AmazonianGuru 685 12 04/03/14 03:04 AM
by Crystal G
* Should I report a wrecklessly fucked up uber driver?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
danielx 2,285 93 09/05/17 06:49 PM
by chibiabos
* Anyone else had random people trying to get in your car thinking you were an uber? Peyote Road 257 11 01/03/18 01:57 PM
by spirit_shadow
* Coworker asked for a taxi cez 256 5 01/30/18 08:27 PM
by Psilosopherr

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,263 topic views. 4 members, 8 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 20 queries.