Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Patlal]
    #21790483 -

rich people are judged much harder than poor people - fact


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21790487 -

Depends on your definition of judged more, they're both just to the same level, but rich people are in the public eye a lot more, so more people judge them.

Poor people get judged just as much, but they don't see as many people in their life..


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21790494 -

Gottaloveacid said:
rich people are judged much harder than poor people - fact



People don't look in disgust as they walk past rich people. What you're saying holds merit but it's awefully nieve.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21790511 -

Gottaloveacid said:
rich people are judged much harder than poor people - fact



I judge both the rich and poor.. just on different ends of the spectrum.

Rich people amass their fortune then spend too much time worrying about losing it. Their lives revolve around money and it starts to define them as a person.

Poor people are... just poor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21790513 -

Psychonautica said:
Depends on your definition of judged more, they're both just to the same level, but rich people are in the public eye a lot more, so more people judge them.

Poor people get judged just as much, but they don't see as many people in their life..



Exactly.

A homeless person is seen my most as just another person, or worse, just another "thing". No one will really say anything if they are shooting up heroin in the back alley. They are just ignored for the most part. Ignoring them isn't really judging them, it is just well, ignoring them.

A rich person would be criticized in media if they fucked up and it could really fuck up their lives. They have stature, and when someone with stature fucks up, it is a big deal.


It's a sad truth for both rich and poor people. Society is fucked beyond belief


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21790543 -

If you don't think homeless people are judged you're crazy. Homeless people are considered grimey, gross drug addicts.

Some are just unlucky Vets, some are Unlucky Divorcee's, you never know what life will throw at you.

Granted most are gross drug addicts, but some are genuinely good people. When I lived in south dakota, my roommate couldn't pay rent, so he just decided to join the marines and fuck me over, never told me he couldn't pay rent.

I was homeless for like 6 months, I had a job, I had a car, I wasn't a grimey drug addict homeless man with a cardboard sign on the exit of a free way.

My job was just not enough to pay all the rent myself and utilities.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21790549 -

I dunno, I guess that is just my view. I can sympathize with them so I don't think badly of them but I know some people do.


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21790560 -

I don't sympathize with most of them...

None of them are trying to kick their addictions and turn their lives around, they don't care, they just perpetuate their homelessness.

Like I said, I was only homeless for sixth months. I was also doing plenty of drugs as well, more than usual because of depression of living in a car. I guess you could call a car a home but still. Couch hopping and car living for the most part, slept a shelter a few times, slept in my car a few hundred probably.

I'm just saying some of them are fucking their own lives over, and just don't care which is absolutely sad.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21790576 -

when you have money to spend, even if its not yours,(IE: your family is rich) it eventually alienates you from friends.


one day its 15 bucks for gas, to get to a 'job interview', the next they want a 500$ "loan," which they have no intention of paying back, to fix a shitty car that isnt even worth fixing. and when you say you can't, its like you fucked their mother. friendship over

Edited by Adolin (06/10/15 09:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21790584 -

Psychonautica said:
I don't sympathize with most of them...

None of them are trying to kick their addictions and turn their lives around, they don't care, they just perpetuate their homelessness.

Like I said, I was only homeless for sixth months. I was also doing plenty of drugs as well, more than usual because of depression of living in a car. I guess you could call a car a home but still. Couch hopping and car living for the most part, slept a shelter a few times, slept in my car a few hundred probably.

I'm just saying some of them are fucking their own lives over, and just don't care which is absolutely sad.



That is very true.

I imagine most people that are on the 'street homeless' have burnt the bridges with their friends and family for whatever reason... may it be drugs or alcohol. I think it actually takes a lot of effort to get in that position. But.. once you are in that position, it is very difficult to get out of. A perpetual cycle of addiction and self destruction.

There are quite a few resources out there for the homeless. Free housing, free food, back to work resources.. but all require sobriety. And it is very disheartening to see how many people can't comply with that. Oh there I go judging again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Detached]
    #21790604 -

There are definitely limits. Those who are homeless and fiend drugs over everything else have sunken into a deep whole, and there usually isn't a rope to climb back out. I can sympathize because there is no rope.

People fuck up. I am all for second chances in life, but it is very true that those who do not accept the second chance are pretty pitiful.


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Detached]
    #21790606 -

Being jaded


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Detached]
    #21790624 -

^ Seen it happen to myself, and I dont even have money. I have like 3k in my bank and most of it goes to bills car payments, utilities and MAINLY to my car insurance.

Car insurance for an epileptic is so expensive it costs an arm and a leg.

I'm going to ask zombi3 if I can have his toes to pay my car insurance if he loses them.
Detached said:
There are quite a few resources out there for the homeless. Free housing, free food, back to work resources.. but all require sobriety.



Sort of. As a former homeless, I actually met and made friends with quite a bit of homeless folks.

There are MILLIONS of places for Free Food, Free clothes, Free showers, and Free housing, if you can't get into a shelter, a lot of churches will let you sleep there. Churches are also most often feeding the homeless, and almost every homeless person I met got benefit checks, but the checks would also get cashed, (at a place like AMSCOT or WalMart because no bank accounts and all you wanted was cash) and spent the same day. I've seen some of the homeless people empty out a 700 dollar check in one day. Section 8 Housing doesn't drug test in most states, government aid doesnt drug test in most states, almost none of it requires sobriety that I can think of, but if you get caught commiting crimes I think you lose your benefit checks.

I knew a lady who didn't even raise her kids, her mother (childs grandma) did, but her mother was a drug user too, so the grandma, didn't tell the state that her daughter (the mother) didn't raise the kid.

So she was getting 1500-2000 dollars a month for child support.

Now you tell me that bitch couldn't get out of her hole if she wanted too. That's enough money to get help for your addiction, and then pay rent on a house a few months, if not just one month later, not to mention having no income, so you automatically apply for section 8 housing so you get ridiculous cheap rent..

It requires sobriety to get out of being homeless but not to get the benefits , or at least moderation, but you're right, once you hit that point and are spending 2k on your drug habit until you have nothing and then pan handling for more, you're fucked.


--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Patlal]
    #21790628 -

Patlal said:
Being rich. It must have downsides.
.




the burden of keeping track of all that money

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21790691 -

Psychonautica said:
There are MILLIONS of places for Free Food, Free clothes, Free showers, and Free housing, if you can't get into a shelter, a lot of churches will let you sleep there. Churches are also most often feeding the homeless, and almost every homeless person I met got benefit checks, but the checks would also get cashed, (at a place like AMSCOT or WalMart because no bank accounts and all you wanted was cash) and spent the same day. I've seen some of the homeless people empty out a 700 dollar check in one day. Section 8 Housing doesn't drug test in most states, government aid doesnt drug test in most states, almost none of it requires sobriety that I can think of, but if you get caught commiting crimes I think you lose your benefit checks.




You're absolutely correct and I should of worded my observation better. In my day to day activity, I come across many people who are court-ordered for detox and counseling, etc. Once you get in that legal system, there are many options to get back up off the ground if you comply (piss clean and check in with their PO.) More resources than the average joe is offered. But these are extreme cases and these people are truly ill. Usually after years of drugs, abuse and in general, mental illness. All they need is one slip up and it all goes away.

I was always thought that drug testing (MJ excluded) for welfare recipients was an excellent idea.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: space walk]
    #21790895 -

space walk said:
Dude, when people are on welfare, they usually have a psychological burden of some sort that keeps them there. Their lives are usually hard, and while they usually seem okay on the outside, everybody seems okay on the outside, if you don't put up a fake front and your day-to-day for years is thinking about things you have no way of being able to fix that weigh your life down, your friends will head out and leave you (over the course of months or years) because they realize negativity brings them down and you don't stop. Most of these people are ashamed and accept welfare because they need it. They look after kids or someone they were reliant on is no longer around and jobs they can get don't pay enough money. There are many reasons people hit the bottom of the barrel, but in no way does making them feel worse about the situation they already feel terrible about help them out of that situation.

Giving my two cents because you just hit on a subject that's always interested me... Actually, ever since I was a checker at Albertson's and I made my first judgments of people by the type of food they spent their food stamps on. I realize now I was wrong to judge. Everybody's just trying to make it through the day.



I like that first paragraph. You think I like being broke? Fuck no but I feel wealthy and the little bit I do have I will absolutely share if I see another broke person. I work hard were all in this struggle together.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #21790901 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Patlal said:
Being rich. It must have downsides.
.




the burden of keeping track of all that money



They just pay other people to do it.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Patlal]
    #21790926 -

idiots like me learn a fuck ton through failure and life experience.  successful people dont learn anything.



The doctors I work with, they are successful but don't have a lot of life knowledge.  They've havent had the challenges, they have never had to struggle and overcome.  ever.


--------------------
When telling the truth becomes an act of treason, and society chooses delusion and deception over fundamental reality, you've been invaded and infiltrated by other beings that have now integrated into your country and community.  Bless our reptile overlords who control, harvest, and eat us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: sprinkles]
    #21790942 -

In Alaska. It was the kids with 50k+ dollar cars and trucks that would steal from you. Daddy bought them a car they have no sense of responsibility. I work my ass off for every dollar I make. They don't know the value of a dollar.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21790960 -

Gottaloveacid said:
rich people are judged much harder than poor people - fact



ARE FUCKING SERIOUS? No. That can't be an actual thought you have in your head.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* So I partied with a rich kid last night. *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
PJDIDDLE 4,403 45 10/02/07 08:01 PM
by TrancedShroom
* Poor and happy or rich and miserable
( 1 2 3 4 all )
mushbaby 4,016 61 09/12/07 12:41 AM
by ShiVersblood
* welcolme to america, where the sick and poor die in the streets
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 5,338 45 07/08/07 09:52 PM
by Economist
* She's a rich girl silversoul7 775 3 10/24/04 01:07 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* I wanna rich young dumb nymphomaniac LloydChristmas 1,397 7 06/02/09 09:57 PM
by KetamineKatalyst
* Tricks of the rich hobo
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Ego Death 6,986 118 02/05/08 11:55 AM
by Konnrade
* Your favorite poor mans meal
( 1 2 3 all )
HSIHd 3,649 40 03/18/06 06:53 PM
by Konnrade
* rich people next door question_for_joo 600 3 05/28/04 11:36 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,350 topic views. 5 members, 154 guests and 339 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.