Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #21789602 - 06/10/15 06:18 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I don't want to be rich I'm happy with what I have.

Quote:

I wish I was rich

:ifindthisboring:

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #21789607 - 06/10/15 06:18 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Shit I paid for this older ladies cereal and milk as her food stamps had run dry and she was in front of me in line with 2 kids on her arm. I got you. Thank you Thank you. Don't worry about it. It's just fucking money who cares?

Good for you. Very charitable. Not everyone would do that.

Also, paying with these stamps seems very degrading. People see the cards and immediately see that you're poor, you live off the government and that you might be buying a bigger steak than the guy behind you. It seems to me like a privacy issue. Is it not?

--------------------

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21789613 - 06/10/15 06:21 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psychonautica said:
Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Quote:

Psychonautica said:
You don't get rich working construction lol

bought a couple American Leak Detection franchises.
he is a millionaire

Got rich from buying the franchises, not the plumbing though.

right, but plumbing(leak detection and occasionally repair) is how the franchises make money.  It's true that he doesn't have to kneel in a ditch much anymore, but running a plumbing business counts as plumbing in my book(it's his license number that his employees are working under)

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Enjoywho] * 2
    #21789618 - 06/10/15 06:22 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Quote:

Malcolm_Xtasy said:
Quote:

I look at money as an object to get other objects.

Um.. isn't this how everyone looks at money? That's its fundamental definition. Thanks for spelling that put for us... :derp:

Quote:

That's why I have a list of people 10 pages long that owe me money.

And that's why you'll never be rich

Who the fuck are you? You've been being a dick all day do I literally have to put you on ignore? I don't want to be rich I'm happy with what I have. I work hard have a warm cozy bed, and play hard. WTF is your deal?

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Patlal]
    #21789620 - 06/10/15 06:23 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
look dewds anything ive really digged deep on is crazy rich. depends on how you define rich really. ive seen ur backyard patlal ur rich as fuck you tell me how it feels!

If my backyard makes you think I'm rich as fuck than

1) Thank you. It's been built this week and I'm proud of it.
2) It's a typical small middle class deck with flower garden. Nothing you see in my backyard in top of the line. The BBQ is X years old, it came with the house, it's rusty as fuck, it spent maybe 10 years uncovered during the winter. But it still works. The table and chair. Same thing. I just maintain well so I get to keep them longer.

Digging that lower step into my backyard was a bitch. We sholveled it by hand.  We also sholveld 10 cubic yard of top soil with 1 shovel one wheelbarrows one rake. Amazingly, it was not as hard as I thought it would be

how do you think rich ppls bck yards are made by magic or summin?

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #21789622 - 06/10/15 06:23 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

:wizard:

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #21789623 - 06/10/15 06:23 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

If I can buy the lady in front of me cereal and milk that cost me 7 dollars when I'm broke as shit myself. Your telling me billion dollar companies can't help. I get business but you know when is enough money? It's all just a number? When is enough.

I'm happy with a warm place to sleep and food in my belly. Other than that I could care less. I work hard and the money who cares.

@patlal it isn't degrading. literally everyone here in washington has a food stamp card. Fuck I got one every dollar helps when i'm trying to feed myself to go to work. Pay rent. And have a little money to actually go have fun. Damn straight imma get that shit I already pay usually about 150 in taxes every 2 weeks. There robbing us. the cost of everything is going up but we don't get paid more. It's sad.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy] * 2
    #21789624 - 06/10/15 06:24 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Malcolm_Xtasy said:
Quote:

I don't want to be rich I'm happy with what I have.

Quote:

I wish I was rich

:ifindthisboring:

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#21789640 - 06/10/15 06:28 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
If I can buy the lady in front of me cereal and milk that cost me 7 dollars when I'm broke as shit myself. Your telling me billion dollar companies can't help. I get business but you know when is enough money? It's all just a number? When is enough.

I'm happy with a warm place to sleep and food in my belly. Other than that I could care less. I work hard and the money who cares.

@patlal it isn't degrading. literally everyone here in washington has a food stamp card. Fuck I got one every dollar helps when i'm trying to feed myself to go to work. Pay rent. And have a little money to actually go have fun. Damn straight imma get that shit I already pay usually about 150 in taxes every 2 weeks. There robbing us. the cost of everything is going up but we don't get paid more. It's sad.

im thinking three times about moving to washington to smoke the redic hash and the pikeminnow reward program. Most ppl talk like its a garden of eden but i know better ne way the grass is alway greener :/

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #21789651 - 06/10/15 06:30 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#21789655 - 06/10/15 06:31 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I live right down the road from a recreational store and there building another. And I live in a small town. But I really don't smoke pot anymore only occasionally I think I might check it out though and buy an edible for a rainy day in the woods. :lol:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #21789723 - 06/10/15 06:43 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:

I see...

How much do you get each month?

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Patlal]
    #21789738 - 06/10/15 06:47 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

200 but it's about to go down. Now that i'm working and have my own apartment i'm sure it will go down to nothing so i'm broke all the time. Barely able to feed myself and I make about 1400 a month. Or just tell them your homeless. :shrug:

It's stupid. As i'm paying into it anyway through taxes. Lord forbid I can actually take a pretty girl out to do something. :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#21789752 - 06/10/15 06:49 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
I live right down the road from a recreational store and there building another. And I live in a small town. But I really don't smoke pot anymore only occasionally I think I might check it out though and buy an edible for a rainy day in the woods. :lol:

count ur blessings

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#21789990 - 06/10/15 07:34 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I think the only "disadvantage" (if you could call it that), is desensitizing to the material aspects of being rich.  You know, some guys have 10 cars, then they get the 11th, it loses some of the excitement.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #21790002 - 06/10/15 07:36 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Being rich. It must have downsides.

Name one. I can't think of one apparently.

The value in achieving something without money through community and shared knowledge.

GNU GPL version 3
ET: Legacy

Fuck yer monies

Edited by Beanhead (06/10/15 07:37 PM)

InvisibleJvells
Unity
 User Gallery

Loc: East coast Flag
    #21790055 - 06/10/15 07:51 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Shit I paid for this older ladies cereal and milk as her food stamps had run dry and she was in front of me in line with 2 kids on her arm. I got you. Thank you Thank you. Don't worry about it. It's just fucking money who cares?

Good for you. Very charitable. Not everyone would do that.

Also, paying with these stamps seems very degrading. People see the cards and immediately see that you're poor, you live off the government and that you might be buying a bigger steak than the guy behind you. It seems to me like a privacy issue. Is it not?

Is it wrong if I feel that in many ways we actually need this lack of privacy with welfare...I can tell you without a doubt that when I was a cashier and people went to give me their EBT card many felt ashamed and that humility is in many ways motivational because they HOPEFULLY don't wanna have to leech forever off everyone and feel that embarrassment a couple/few times a week.

Also quick question for everyone without hijacking the thread please because it is sort of related...do you think we should have wealth redistribution from people who live not rich, not really rich, but from the people who are EXTREMELY FUCKIN RICH and pump some of their profits (not too much...but some) into the economy/people...I always wonder if this is wrong or not but if you're really raking in that freakin much you still don't deserve to live THAT well when others are out there hurting...

Offlinespace walk
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: la la land
Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Beanhead]
    #21790060 - 06/10/15 07:53 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, the more money I make, the more different ways people find to try to take it from me. I don't mean different tax brackets, I don't make that much, but when you're broke, you hang out with broke people. Broke people tend to steal outright. Lowe-middle broke people tend to guilt you into giving them your money. Upper-middle people tend to sweet-talk you into spending your money on them, with them, or for them. And if somehow, you finally make it to being rich, people want to sue you because they look at your money in terms of percentage owned instead of amount of dollars they need.

It's a messed up world. There are a lot of sharks out there.
"So ya wanna be a rock superstar and live large.."

--------------------

Knowledge is the best gift; it's fun to obtain, free to give, and priceless to receive.

Offlinespace walk
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: space walk]
    #21790074 - 06/10/15 07:57 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, when people are on welfare, they usually have a psychological burden of some sort that keeps them there. Their lives are usually hard, and while they usually seem okay on the outside, everybody seems okay on the outside, if you don't put up a fake front and your day-to-day for years is thinking about things you have no way of being able to fix that weigh your life down, your friends will head out and leave you (over the course of months or years) because they realize negativity brings them down and you don't stop. Most of these people are ashamed and accept welfare because they need it. They look after kids or someone they were reliant on is no longer around and jobs they can get don't pay enough money. There are many reasons people hit the bottom of the barrel, but in no way does making them feel worse about the situation they already feel terrible about help them out of that situation.

Giving my two cents because you just hit on a subject that's always interested me... Actually, ever since I was a checker at Albertson's and I made my first judgments of people by the type of food they spent their food stamps on. I realize now I was wrong to judge. Everybody's just trying to make it through the day.

--------------------

Knowledge is the best gift; it's fun to obtain, free to give, and priceless to receive.

Offlinespace walk
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Can someone give me one disadvantage of being rich rather than poor? [Re: Jvells] * 1
    #21790094 - 06/10/15 08:02 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

...do you think we should have wealth redistribution from people who live not rich, not really rich, but from the people who are EXTREMELY FUCKIN RICH and pump some of their profits (not too much...but some) into the economy/people...I always wonder if this is wrong or not but if you're really raking in that freakin much you still don't deserve to live THAT well when others are out there hurting...

A lot of the people who are Extremely rich, like Gates-rich, give tons of money back in many different ways. Scholarships to kids, spending it on charities, etc. They did earn that money, so it's hard to justify taking it away from them, but people seem to think they are earning that money for themselves. They are earning it to spend. They spend for themselves, they keep a buffer in case they are sued, their companies keep huge buffers in case something changes in their industry so they won't have to lay off 1/4 of their workers and ruin tens of thousands of househoulds in the process. There's a reason for wealth distribution in our society. It looks crappy from our perspective, but because of the way capitalism works it must be in place.

Now, should we start moving away from capitalism? There's a thought...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale