Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethemagicman
Stranger
perfect moments
    #2177147 - 12/14/03 05:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Has anyone had an extended moment in which the ground rises to meet you and every single thing you sense has meaning and is relavent and basically the universe is in perfect order? Like a temporary feeling of nirvana or extended epihpany?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: perfect moments [Re: themagicman]
    #2177222 - 12/14/03 05:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's a wonderful feeling, ain't it?  I seem to be having it more & more lately and I'm lovin' it.  :lol:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: perfect moments [Re: Renegade8]
    #2177258 - 12/14/03 05:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This summer, I spent almost every evening for a month riding my bike on county highways, just enjoying the Kansas land scape. Those were perfect moments.

Currently, I work nights in a factory. My shift ends just in time for me to enjoy a beautiful winter sunrise. These are perfect moments.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: perfect moments [Re: Renegade8]
    #2177720 - 12/14/03 10:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Me, too. Like everything is where it's supposed to be at just the right time.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: perfect moments [Re: Frog]
    #2177868 - 12/14/03 11:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

im having one right now, my girlfriend that I havent seen in 4 months is about to fly here and stay for 3 weeks.

ahhh, 3 weeks of perfection.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: perfect moments [Re: Positronius]
    #2178186 - 12/15/03 01:29 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, i think there is some eastern philosophy that says if you do one thing for long enough, like sit in a rigid position, concentrate on your vocal consistency or exhert yourself physically somehow, to the point break of bearibility, your brain will release endorphines and give you a "profound connection with and understanding of oneness"

just a rumour tho

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: perfect moments [Re: themagicman]
    #2178807 - 12/15/03 05:31 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:smile: yeah

it's always when you slow down ya know!  the mind isn't reeling from a shitload of thoughts.  you are simple seeing everything for what it is.  without judgement, without saying one is better than the other.  when you are in that moment, nothing but experience, learning, and appreciation matters :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineEntelle
wanderer

Loc: Canada
Re: perfect moments [Re: kaiowas]
    #2179093 - 12/15/03 11:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

a perfect moment for me is coming home from a day of manual labour, and being all smelly, and dirty, and then stepping under the wonderful, marvelous warm running water. ahhhh

and its even better if there is a person there to scrub your back.

--------------------
"Not all those who wander are lost."

OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: perfect moments [Re: Entelle]
    #2179295 - 12/15/03 01:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's nice to set all the mystical and philosophical suppositions aside sometimes and delight in Entelle's sensuous simplicity of perfection. Let's face it: pondering the causes of the universe, our origins, purpose, the psychology of being, spiritual etiquette and moral conduct can be very tiring on the mind. If done for the wrong reasons, it can be a complete waste of time. It's helpful to take a break.

Keeping with the flavour of Entelle's suggestion, I'd have to say that my experience of a perfect moment comes with the occasional realization of just how fortunate I am to have a warm home, a beautiful dog, and a comfortable bed to share with someone I love. It is extra special if the thought arises while the woman in question is asleep beside me, and the dog is at my feet, chasing rabbits in her sleep.

The kind of perfect moment experienced by the originator of this thread, though, is not something I can safely relate to and still consider myself an honest person. There have been particular moments of illumination strong enough to bring me to tears, but any description I could articulate would only reduce the experiences to boring cliche. These moments of profound intersection have almost always involved some kind of intoxicant, as well. In my opinion, any spiritual revelation which comes as a result of the use of intoxicants is inherently imperfect, and shy of absolute authenticity.

To be pure, insights like these must be achieved purely.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: perfect moments [Re: Ped]
    #2179331 - 12/15/03 01:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Was driving across country many years ago with a buddy from NY to CA taking the northern route. It was late October and we were somewhere in Utah, The day had been gray all day long; cold with infrequent snow flurries. We were descending into yet another 50 mile wide featureless gray valley. The sky was a solid cover of gray. (Did I mention that it was a gray day?) It was around 5:30. Suddenly the sky broke exactly where the sun was. A brilliant red orb appeared and two laser beams of ruby-red shot horizontally for hundreds of miles in either direction. It was an awesome spectacle. I fumbled for my camera for this once-in-a-lifetime shot, but alas the effect lasted for mere seconds although I still see it in my mind today.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: perfect moments [Re: Swami]
    #2179363 - 12/15/03 01:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There are times when I go out with someone or with people to a party, or dinner, or something like that, and the night has a magical feeling. The last time this happened was about 6 months ago. I was called by a friend, whose other friend had just come into town, and he wanted me to go to dinner with them.

It was just a dinner, in a nice but not-too-fancy restaurant, and there was dancing. It could have been an ordinary evening, a "nice" evening.

But the conversation was perfect, as if everything that was supposed to be said was being said. I don't mean it was intellectual or philosophical or that we were so smart. Just that it felt perfect, like it was in total harmony.

The people around us were perfect, and when there was interaction with those others, it was perfect interaction.

The food was perfect, and so was the waiter, and the dancing. Even the dancers, dancing, danced perfectly.

There is a magical quality to the event, and nothing can go wrong, and all feels right in the world.

I love having these kinds of experiences.

The time before that was about a year ago. I worked in a bail bond office in downtown Santa Ana. There was a Mexican family living upstairs, and their daughter was getting married. They were having some kind of party, and they came to the door and asked me and the bail bondsman if we wanted to come to the party.

All the people spoke spanish, the food was a little unfamiliar, and there was only beer. But the evening had the feeling of perfection, as if nothing could go wrong and everything that was supposed to happen or be said, did.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: perfect moments [Re: Frog]
    #2179379 - 12/15/03 01:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i've experienced these moments of harmony as well. There have been times when people would come over to my house and we'd all mozzy on into my 'chill' room for some good music and a good smoke of kind bud. The experiences i've had in that room... *beams*

When the music's right, and everything is in harmony... ahhh perfection.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology