Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
If you could choose one moment...
    #1664112 - 06/26/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The Swam shows his syrupy-sweet romantic side...

If you could choose one moment from your life to live for all eternity what would it be?

Mine would not be one of high adventure, erotica, excitement or in a drug ecstacy. No it would be a simple quiet moment.

My lady and I had gone whale-watching off the coast of San Diego. I was semi-bored with the whole thing. My girlfriend however, giggled and squealed like a little girl though she was approaching her fifth decade. Her enthusiasm and excitement sparked me. Each sighting was filled with fresh awe and wonder as we watched the magnicient beasts break the surface on their way to the mating grounds in Mexico. As we headed back in, the sun was setting and the wind was getting a little colder. I leaned back into my love and she wrapped her arms around me from behind. For that one single moment, the world stopped. For the first time ever, I felt truly at home. I was enveloped in a deep sense of peace and contentment. I knew that I was safe and loved beyond measure.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (06/26/03 10:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Swami]
    #1664121 - 06/26/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

it would be a moment with a girl i lost

--------------------
KB

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #1664182 - 06/26/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

There are no past memories that stand out in my mind in comparison to the present. No point at which I would wish to go back to when I am here in the present.

Though I am only 22...
My moment is yet to come?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1664191 - 06/26/03 10:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

wow, this is a hard one, you made me realize that I have more that a magic moment in my life thanks for that.

But if I have to choose one, will be when I was 11 years old.
I was in the boy scouts in Argentina, we had climbed a small mountain and decided to stay the night there with out tents, we were sleeping all bunched up like puppies in our sleeping bags, I woke up and open my eyes and so that starry night, it was so indescribably beautiful I looked around and there were some goats a few feet away, I could have swear that it was also looking at the sky, I was so overwhelm with feeling, at such beauty that I cried and uttered the words thank you God for my life.

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #1664238 - 06/26/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well, if I were to pick a moment to spend eternity in, that would be like some folks' idea of heaven, right? I haven't experienced anything I could consider 'heaven' yet. I would have to pick being drunk or something of that sort, which is chemical pleasure and not the real thing...

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1664291 - 06/26/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I can't choose between the day Neil Armstrong walked on the moon (which I watched, 9 years old, on lousy black-and-white television), or the day the Berlin Wall was torn down, or the day when I had some mushroom tea and saw that there is more to conscious existance than living a life as a human.

But spontaneously, I think I'd choose anything that involves breasts :smile:

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #1664293 - 06/26/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i used to live in san marcos, ca....there  was a girl i was involved with at the time....my first true love you could say...my memory would be the time sitting on the beach watching the sunset over the ocean with her, we had a bottle of wine and a blanket and she looked extra amazing, i felt so comfortable, love pervading from everything, everything was perfect for those few hours. :smirk: 

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: CleverName]
    #1664624 - 06/26/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

sometimes I feel like this is god's moment, like there was a question of how ought reality to exist and this (and all of our individual moments) are the decision. like this is the answer to theodicy; this is the in between place that god and his girlfriend and chill in an look at whales.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Malachi]
    #1664727 - 06/26/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

For me it would be an ecstactic expansive moment which followed my first experience with sex, love, & pot which I can't begin to verbalize. ...but it was special, and everything in the cosmos just felt right...

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1664746 - 06/26/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Swami how old are you?

i don't know what part of my life i would live for ever with. Probibily with a girl i knew along time ago name shannon. It pisses me off on how i never told her that i really liked her. It seems to happen so often i don't act, to tell women things and it ends up to be too late. ... ill learn though

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1665376 - 06/26/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'd live forever in yesterday..  Yesterday was truly a grand day!
I was over at my girls house, and we were laying on the couch, watching movies.  We weren't making out or anything like that - I was on my back, she was laying with one leg draped over top of me with her hand resting on my chest...  I can still smell her hair!

*sigh*

I can't wait till Friday! :wink:

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: nubious]
    #1665488 - 06/26/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I love moments in which the world just seems perfect. I've got a couple I can remember right now. About a year ago me and my ex-girlfriend were lying in bed, earlier she put those glow in the dark stars all over my ceiling, and we had just had sex and were really happy. She made the constilation pegasus, the big dipper, and a few random ass stars. We just giggled and talked about the stars and then she asked me to tell her a story then I told her the story of the first time we met, it was alot of fun. More recently, me and my friends were flying down a major highway on our bikes, going like 130 and it was like 90 degrees, was so much fun. And most recently, I remember taking a break at work, and me and the guys were just eating mcdonalds. They all started speaking spanish, and I barely understand it so I just laid back and looked at the sun shining through the leaves, it just seemed so peaceful and perfect, it sucked that once they finished eating I had to get back to work.

I love how girls smell, theres nothing more intoxicating.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1665495 - 06/26/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

the moment I would chose would be the moment my life occured.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1665928 - 06/26/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Why do I feel like my most beautiful moments were the ones when I felt the most lost... ?

I love how smells can bring back those moments. Nostalgic whiffs.
A collage of imagery of moments when you were so decidedly experiencing life, (for better or for worse), you were there.

I can still feel her all the time... I just choose not to.

That night we dropped together and really kissed for the first time after being friends for so long. So magical... I'm lying in the middle of the road at night staring up at the stars, with her beautiful face hovering over mine, smiling and speaking beautiful things to me.

having sex by my bedroom window as the sun went down and we both shared a joint. thinking "this is perfect. this is where I am."

then my first real online Quake deathmatch.

hanging out with my older brother

realizing how much my dad cares about me

the ocean.

acid. tool. guitar. sweet revelation.

hugging my mom after such a long period of distance.

my first real moshpit experience. I felt the mental walls shatter.

the band. forging eternity for a couple hours every week. leaving the planet for that moment, lost in endless cascades of rhythm.
always remaining sacred.

thanks swami

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Grav]
    #1666245 - 06/27/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing could ever satisfy that criteria in me, i dont think.
Which sorta scares me. Perhaps, im too idealistic. I mean, i had great times in my life, but, i feel like the only satisfactory answer would involve something really ostentatious or outta-dis-world.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: David_Scape]
    #1666250 - 06/27/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

one moment: my first taste of butter-waffle

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1666403 - 06/27/03 01:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

One moment?
How long is this moment?

Your question has created a mental traffic jam in my head.

What about that one time I....? Girlfriends... girlfriends... think of all the good times with them... which was best? Maybe childhood... too many to sort through... pick something else... dammit... torture, pure torture... okay, think.... THINK... which moment have I experienced would I want to last forever? *plays a quick game of pool*

Got it, I think.

When I was 15... off-road dirt biking, with "the guys"... camping out in the middle of Ocala National Forest... waking up to the smell of propane, bacon, and eggs.... then hopping on our bikes and getting lost in the forest on purpose and having to find our way out by lunchtime... finding that opening in the treeline and nailing the throttle... racing my brother up the fire trail... floating across the tips of the sand bumps... rocketing off of nature's ramps... rocks flying up, hitting my chest and arms, but the adrenaline postpones all pain.... no thoughts... beast and machine have merged into one organism... gas... brake... clutch... lean in... shift down... more brake... more lean... now gas... clutch/shift up... more gas... brrrrrrrrrrr... go go GO...
And then repeating the whole episode after lunch.

Yeah, that's my moment. I'd live there forever.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1666485 - 06/27/03 02:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I could not pick just one moment.

Whatever a moment is.

Heheh... Moment is a funny word if you think about it.

Moment.  Heheh.

:smirk: 

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1666516 - 06/27/03 02:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Many good moments, with girls and without.  Loved driving my car listening to my nice stereo with a friend or two, packed with girls dancing along having a great time.    :lol: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #1666528 - 06/27/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

picking one moment really is just fleeting...but i played the game

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: CleverName]
    #1666747 - 06/27/03 06:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Daaaaaaamn I wanna change my moment!

I just had a most excellent night!  A guy I work with does DJ functions around town, and we just got back from doing a High School Safe Grad (18 year olds on busses getting drunk till 4 in the morning).

Being behing the booth and mixing sets is as close to celebrity status I've come to, and it's fuckin' great!  Getting hauled out to the dance floor by 3 18 year old girls all bumpin' and grinding..  I can't wait till we get the video done up in .AVI format..  got an hour and a half to edit and cut together....

*ahhhh sweet sweet 18 year olds*

I think I'm gonna go wind down by smoking a joint :wink:

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: nubious]
    #1666771 - 06/27/03 07:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

one moment: the moment I became enlightened. it was amazing, i looked at the world at saw it for what it truly is: god's spirit in mine eyes.

(breathe)

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1668210 - 06/27/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Back in 2000 I had a club residency, was the DJ at a club called The Temple on Thursday nights. That night there was a smaller crowd than usual but after about an hour I had 5 dancers who all fell into trance and stayed there the entire night. The moment all five looked up at me at the same time while I was mixing and gave me "the look"...I'll never forget that feeling. As a trance DJ it's the ultimate goal. To be communicating without words, to be penetrating the trance dancer's mind and to be controlling their reality via the manipulations of the trance space with my mixing. No words can communicate what "the look" can. It's the ultimate compliment a trance dancer can give the DJ/artist.

I've had plenty of other instances of "the look" since that night...but those 5 dancers were my first. It's an amazing thing to speak without language. That moment is one I could enjoy forever.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1668347 - 06/27/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think ive ever had a moment that was that truely good. To be honest i dont think i could choose a moment to relive my life forever in. If was anything it would have to be some place i had created, or some place in my mind, one of those special places. But other than that, everything that i remember that was my so called life, no. It hasnt been that great.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1669793 - 06/28/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

one moment: the moment I became enlightened.

Uh...
*hesitates... then just slowly shakes his head side to side*

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1669829 - 06/28/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

oh scorlch, one day the universe will come to your doorstep, will you answer when it knocks?

--------------------

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (06/28/03 05:04 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1670125 - 06/28/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That was the universe that was knocking at my door?
Shit.
I thought it was one of those pesky Jehovah's Witnesses.
Me and my luck, eh?

*shoots atomikfunksoldier's high horse*

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to get back to planning my trip out west...

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1670196 - 06/28/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I hope you can find her, or someone as fulfilling as her, again.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
    #1670409 - 06/28/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Aw, come on, its the little stupid things in life that should be appreciated and loved. I don't think its possible for someone to have never had a good moment, you should just try to appreciate things more. Even if one were to be tortured everyday of their life, I bet they would have one day where the torture was ended early and they were allowed to lie back and watch a sunset. Err, I don't know if that made much sense.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Gixxer_boy]
    #1670642 - 06/29/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Good question.

This might sound a tad lame, but here it is:
7am the alarm clocks rings. It's raining hard outside, the house is cold but it's so warm under my covers. My mom comes in and says "School is cancelled, too flooded out there". AHHHHHHHHHHH, I curl up in the warmth around me and gently drift back to sleep. I cannot think of a more blissful moment.

and yeah, I wish the west coast had snowdays....

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: If you could choose one moment... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1670877 - 06/29/03 03:13 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

damn, werroanfna repleis

--------------------
What?

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1671272 - 06/29/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>I hope you can find her, or someone as fulfilling as her, again.

Ah...the infamous "fulfillment" of someone else in your life. Happiness does not come from anything external, only from your own mind. Until you can be completely happy by yourself, you'll never be happy or satisfied in any relationship. That doesn't mean a partner or lover can't add to your happiness, of course they can...just don't start masking a phantom in your reality that only they can play the role of in order to make you feel happy or "complete."

Love & Light,

Boppity

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate