Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
The Rating System
    #2159495 - 12/04/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think every certain amount of time, say 6 months everyones general rates should be cleared . many people have rates that are old from people that dont even post here anymore. i think this would also stop anyone who is abusing the ratings system. id like to what people think..

Ratings System
Clear all general rates every 6 months
Clear all general rates after 1 year
Leave Rates Alone

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: The Rating System [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2160010 - 12/04/03 11:45 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

O hell no

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2160537 - 12/05/03 03:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Get rid of personal rates and keep the trade rates.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: The Rating System [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2160708 - 12/05/03 07:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

I agree (Damn... this is a first) :smile:

Personal opinions of someone mean very little. The trade ratings at least reflect if the person is trustworthy.
An unjust trade rating could be validated by a Mod or Admin and adjusted if undeserved.

Anonymous

Re: The Rating System [Re: Shdwstr]
    #2161051 - 12/05/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with both of you....or at least have the general annonymous....I like the trade as is

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: The Rating System [Re: ]
    #2161976 - 12/05/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

> I agree with both of you....or at least have the general annonymous....

Bleh... anonymous sucks. I like to know who rated me and why and I like for people to know what I think about them. To me ratings are about self improvement, not about popularity or vanity. Take orizon as an example. I rated him a 1 when he first got here because of some childish stunts that he pulled. His posts got much better over time and I have slowly increased my rating for him to match. He now has five from me.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2163470 - 12/06/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

You don't even have a trade rating. :lol: 

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The Rating System [Re: RunDMT]
    #2163641 - 12/06/03 06:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RunDMT said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

And that has what to do with the fact that the useful rates are trade rates?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #2164266 - 12/06/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

dude, ratings are part of the fun...why you wanna kill all the fun.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2164276 - 12/06/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

No the rating system is working very good, as is. True, there are a few occasional problems with abuse, but we try to attend to those when they occur.

There's no reason to clear out old rates, as then you would lose the nice things that your friends may have said about you, in the past, who may no longer be here.

Additionally, anonymous ratings are not good, because then the ratings are abused even more. I might point out that just about everyone jumped up one mushroom when we started running matts' new ratings system. The amount of people anonymously giving out 1's, just to fuck with people, dropped down to almost nothing.

Also, if you make the ratings anonymous, then we can't identify incidents of ratings abuse, and rectify them. Simply put, aside from a few occasional bugs, matts' rating system has been nothing but a positive addition to this community. It is far better than the original system that this board software came with.

Remember, personal ratings are just that, personal. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and those people who are consistently negative, for no valid reason, are pretty easy to identify, mentally filter out, and discount, when reading someone's ratings... :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: The Rating System [Re: Papaver]
    #2165036 - 12/06/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

guess most people didnt like my suggestion  :laugh:  ahhh well, its not like i have a ratings problem anyway....

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2165830 - 12/07/03 03:51 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

RunDMT said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

And that has what to do with the fact that the useful rates are trade rates? 

To state the obvious, it strikes me as exactly the same old crap which was dished out about OTD, from people who never used OTD.

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: The Rating System [Re: Papaver]
    #2166843 - 12/07/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

>Additionally, anonymous ratings are not good, because then the ratings are abused even more. I might point out that just about everyone jumped up one mushroom when we started running matts' new ratings system. The amount of people anonymously giving out 1's, just to fuck with people, dropped down to almost nothing

Though this is a possible explanation for the rise in everyone's ratings since the switch from an anonomous to an accountable system, there are other ones that are just as easy to believe.

An example is that now people are afraid to rate people a 1 in fear of retaliatory negative rates. Another is that people rate people fives more frequently in order to receive five from whoever they rated. I think that a combination of all of these explanations is what has really happened.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies