Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Screwed Karma
    #2160548 - 12/05/03 03:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Dam my karma is so screwed up, lastnight i was out at some club where i noticed a credit card on the floor that was there for about 10 mins that some guy dropped. So i picked it up and give him it back which he was happy. The same night my phone goes missing. So i dont know how my karma translates into not stealing the credit card and handing it in to loseing my phone.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Screwed Karma [Re: EvilGir]
    #2160564 - 12/05/03 04:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There's no relation

--------------------
...or something

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: Screwed Karma [Re: eve69]
    #2160599 - 12/05/03 05:02 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Guess its just bad look, but every thing happens for a reaons. Even though right now i cant understand that reason.

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2160602 - 12/05/03 05:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Heres an idea, maybe Karma doesnt exist on such a petty level?

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Positronius]
    #2160625 - 12/05/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> Heres an idea, maybe Karma doesnt exist on such a petty level?

Well even the smallest thing can effect karma, i guess the best way of explaining it is by throwing a rock into a river. No matter how big or small that rock is going to produce wave that expand out. Like cause and effect. Everything you do will come back to you even on teh smallest level.

I just dont understand yet what i have done.

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2160659 - 12/05/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

actually, If I am correct, I believe that Karma (as understood in buddhism) does not function within a single life. Meaning: the choices you make do not have a karmic effect on this life, they have an effect on your following lives.

You havent done anything, thats life, shit happens, trying to "mystify" it will lead you nowhere.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2160767 - 12/05/03 08:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Here's karma for you... I think. When I was young (6th grade) I stole a calculator out of this kid's backpack as he was walking by. I knew the kid, I just did it as a joke, and planned to give it back to him, but I guess I forgot and ended up keeping it or something.

Anyways, in high school, 6 years later, someone took my calculator out of my backpack as I was walking by, and I never found out who. It was my graphing calculator too, so it was like loosing $100. I always thought that was a lesson for me.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Positronius]
    #2161110 - 12/05/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I believe that Karma (as understood in buddhism) does not function within a single life

So you might as well do whatever the hell you want to and let "future yous" pay the price as the you of today will not remember anyway.  :cool: 

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Swami]
    #2161250 - 12/05/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Also known as "screwing yourself".

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2161287 - 12/05/03 11:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It's karma balance time. Everything is being brought to the surface to be transcended. What have you done doesn't matter it's what will you do to balance the scales. Karma is a collection of actions and intent, that weaves through many past lives. You may not see where it is coming from just yet, but that's because that's not what's important right now.. it's neutralizing the karma. Perhaps taking a look at the akashic records will refresh your memory. Anyway, the number one way to balance "bad" karma is by helping people.

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Jellric]
    #2161354 - 12/05/03 12:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Karma can be understood on such a short term level, but it is silly to go looking at the events in our day for individual examples of karama. We create a lot of unfavourable karma with all the tension we produce in scrutiny!

[From a Buddhist perspective] Karma is much more subtle than can be observed with our noteworthy actions and noteworthy happenstance. Absolutely everything we see and experience is the ripening of our karma. It is even more subtle than that -- not only are the circumstances we experience the ripening of our karma, but the actual manner that we experience situations is also a ripening of karma.

Imagine that two 18 year old boys from similar backgrounds and lifestyles are walking through the mall in opposite directions. At the same time, they come across a "Santa's Toy Factory", an elaborate set-up with fake snow and robotic reindeer where many delighted children are having their photo taken with a jolly Santa Claus. One 18 year old boy might feel his heart warmed at the joy and laughter of the children, viewing the set-up to be a magical place. The the other might feel disgust at their ignorance, and view the set-up as a hollow wate of time. Both are experiencing the ripening of karma.

There is a certain uniqueness to the experience of each and every individual. The world I inhabit is completely and totally different from yours, because of my karma.

>> So you might as well do whatever the hell you want to and let "future yous" pay the price as the you of today will not remember anyway.

This has been our attitude for millions of years. The "future yous" may end up like many millions of human beings trapped in a place without food or water, poor and destitute until disease finally chokes off their life. And that would be a fortunate rebirth. Think of how many countless bacteria and insect life-forms there are. It is very rare that any of us take a human rebirth.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Ped]
    #2161432 - 12/05/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Karma is simply a lack of balance... good, or bad it doesn't matter.  No karma is the place to be.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Seuss]
    #2162215 - 12/05/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i still dont get how karma works. I would have thought it to be instant

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #2162228 - 12/05/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think karma can happen fast or slow. I stole money from someone for whom I babysit when I was a teen-ager. When I had children, a babysitter stole money from me.

I think I've paid for most of all of my past transgressions. I have pretty good karma right now. I think the Universe (God) is looking out for me. Some of the coolest shit happens, even if it's small stuff. I've given up worrying about anything because the best things happen to me.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Frog]
    #2162262 - 12/05/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

what if the person you stole the money from was deeply affected by it, yet when it happened to you, you just laughed it off?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2162285 - 12/05/03 04:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Let's see...hmmm...good question. Karma is basically about do good, and good will happen to you, do bad and bad will happen. It's also about learning lessons, I think.

Two things, then: (And why would I be laughing, anyways???) When the money is stolen from me, it is making up for when I stole from the other person, earlier. But also, I am not learning a lesson if I just laugh, so maybe the bad karma will be continued until I learn the lesson.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Frog]
    #2162338 - 12/05/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

if karma is workin on some spiritual level, i can imagine it to be the same level were possesion has no meaning. So it would not be a bad deed to steal.

I was wondering whether the karma proces happens within the individual. I give you love, im rewarded in my own mind. I give you hate and within my mind I feel bad for that.

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2162381 - 12/05/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

>> Karma is basically about do good, and good will happen to you, do bad and bad will happen.

But we have to remember that the way we experience things is also dependent on the ripening of our karma. So if we do something bad, something we perceive to be very good may happen to us. We may perceive it as good because of our karma, but in the long term it might be a ripening of poor karma. For example, if we are in the mob and kill people as part of business, and that business earns us many women and a luxurious lifestyle -- the good fortune could be interpreted as the ripening of negative karma, beacuse the luxurious lifestyle blinds us to the suffering that comes to others as a result of our actions. We may spend our entire life accumulating this negative karma, and take rebirth as an animal or a termite.

Though we perceive good fortune and may decide that it is the ripening of positive karma, it could be just the opposite. It is in cultivating our wisdom and good intentions toward other living beings that we gradually break free from the the trappings of karma.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2162393 - 12/05/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sole_Worthy said:
if karma is workin on some spiritual level, i can imagine it to be the same level were possesion has no meaning. So it would not be a bad deed to steal.

That's an interesting thought. "Not a bad deed to steal if possession has no meaning under the laws of karma." Okay, then let's pretend that possessions have no meaning, and stealing isn't wrong, because you don't own anything anyways.

Okay...karma still operates, I think, but it wouln't be karma. If I walk by and take your wallet and use the money in it (assuming you're not a homeless person) to buy a cheeseburger, someone else may come by my house when I am gone and break in and take something of value and sell it for food. Someone else will take something from that person, and so on, and so on...

Possessions don't matter, so we just take what we need from where ever we find it, and it's all good. So it's kind of like karma, but not karma, because it's not good or bad, nor are we learning lessons. It's just a cycle of the way we survive.

Quote:

I was wondering whether the karma proces happens within the individual. I give you love, im rewarded in my own mind. I give you hate and within my mind I feel bad for that.

That's an interesting thought, too. (You come up with some good ones.) I'm sitting comfortably in a Starbuck's right now, having coffee, posting on the internet, enjoying my Friday afternoon. I suppose I should go out in the cold and walk across the street to that Barnes and Noble and pull a book out on karma and see if it talks about that issue. Oh, wait!! I am ON THE INTERNET!! Maybe the answer is out there, on the world wide web!!

Okay, I'll be back, but in the meantime, here's my guess: If I feel love for you, I will probably experience good things in my life as a result of that love. If I feel hate for you, I will probably experience bad things in my life as a result of that hate.

I don't think that, if I hated you, and if I felt bad about that hate, that my "feeling bad" would be a karmic result of that hate. Sounds wrong. Doesn't the principle of karma act as an extraneous force on us, in that it teaches us lessons? Not as an internal force?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Screwed Karma [Re: Ped]
    #2162423 - 12/05/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
>> Karma is basically about do good, and good will happen to you, do bad and bad will happen.

But we have to remember that the way we experience things is also dependent on the ripening of our karma. So if we do something bad, something we perceive to be very good may happen to us. We may perceive it as good because of our karma, but in the long term it might be a ripening of poor karma. For example, if we are in the mob and kill people as part of business, and that business earns us many women and a luxurious lifestyle -- the good fortune could be interpreted as the ripening of negative karma, beacuse the luxurious lifestyle blinds us to the suffering that comes to others as a result of our actions. We may spend our entire life accumulating this negative karma, and take rebirth as an animal or a termite.

Though we perceive good fortune and may decide that it is the ripening of positive karma, it could be just the opposite. It is in cultivating our wisdom and good intentions toward other living beings that we gradually break free from the the trappings of karma.

You just answered a question that I have had!! It's been sort of a rhetorical question, and maybe not even really a question, because it is just something I discuss with friends from time to time. Okay, here goes...

I am a good person, but I am poor. I don't do bad things to people, yet in spite of all the bad I don't do, and in spite of even all the good that I do, I am not earning riches.

It appears that good karma is paying a visit to the mobster who is killing people, and that just doesn't seem fair, does it?

But what you said makes sense! He's going to be paying for his bad deeds when he comes back, or maybe he will get cancer. Who knows.

I know a guy who was (still is) such an asshole. Really screwed people when he was younger. Made tons of money. Well, now he has muscular dystrophy. Is that because of karma? What about people who don't screw people? Is that a result of having screwed someone in a previous life?

If I'm poor, but I'm a good person, why am I poor? Is it because I was a rich asshole in a previous life? I'm positive that I haven't been a rich asshole in this life. At least, not yet.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale