Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Zombi3]
    #21162595 -

Zombi3 said:
It literally does not effect your job opportunities in the slightest.



If you aspire to be more than a pipette jockey, it will.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Zombi3]
    #21162604 -

Zombi3 said:
Patlal said:
I don't know why people have dreads.

You might as well shoot yourself in the foot. There's no way a guy with dreads can be taken seriously by anyone... There goes the job opportunities...



Ive had dreads for 8 years and I have a job working for a research lab in conjunction with the reqional township and the local college/university.

I literally work with tenured professors in a lab environment doing horticulture based research projects for industry partners.

What you said could not be more wrong. You have a personal sour opinion of dreadlocks, the vast majority of society does not feel the same.

There actually hasnt been even one full week where I was jobless since I got my dreads. It literally does not effect your job opportunities in the slightest.



I would definitely discriminate against you.

Dreads look like dirty hippy stoners. I don't need that


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: badchad]
    #21162605 -

badchad said:
Zombi3 said:
It literally does not effect your job opportunities in the slightest.



If you aspire to be more than a pipette jockey, it will.



Did you read my post at all?

I probably have now and will continue to have a better job than you.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Zombi3]
    #21162619 -

Zombi3 said:
I probably have now and will continue to have a better job than you.



You're a lab tech = pipette jockey.  I'm the guy your boss would be answering to.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: badchad]
    #21162648 -

I just started. Give me a few years and then ask where I am with my dreads.
Also Im a little higher than a simple lab tech :lol:

Whats your job by the way? Im now officially interested.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Zombi3]
    #21162678 -

If you really want to know, you can PM me.

I supervise a small group of 6 senior scientists, all beyond their postdoctoral years.  Ask any of the faculty how competitive a faculty (non-postdoctoral) position is.  They get hundreds, even thousands of applicants per position.  This was my experience for the last individual I hired.

Generally, I agree with you that looks don't matter all that much, especially in the academic sector.  Nonetheless, with fierce competition, any little thing can hold you back.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Patlal]
    #21162783 -

Patchouli_Savage said:
To make yourself feel better, I would suggest cutting a few of those bad boys open and see what's growing inside. You're likely to find mold.




Are y'all not properly cleaning and drying your hair or something? There should not be mold inside of your dreads.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #21162793 -

Cojo said:
Are y'all not properly cleaning and drying your hair or something? There should not be mold inside of your dreads.



Its just a common myth. Your average person thinks we rub dirt in our hair or something lol. The most common question I get is; how do you wash your hair?
Like wtf do you mean lol? I wash it like everyone else does :lol:


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Zombi3]
    #21162885 -

I think you're misunderstanding me. Out of the people I know who sport dreads, all of them routinely clean and take care of their hair.

The only reason people think dreadheads don't wash their hair is because the way some of them try to obtain dreadlocks (because their hair can't naturally lock up) is by, for whatever reason, ceasing to maintain or wash their hair.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #21162970 -

I wasnt misunderstanding you, I was just backing you up lol

The neglect method I believe does involve not washing your hair for some time. And most newly dreaded people choose not to shampoo for about a week with their newly knotted dreads to encourage them to set. Water and shampoo just cause the knots to come out, the point is not to make your hair dirty. Dirty hair does not dread nearly as good as clean hair.


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Zombi3]
    #21163081 -

I always been scared about shampoo :lol: I thougt that was the reason it would grow mold . I nearly never put water on my dreads . only thing was baking soda wash in a bucket 3-4 time a year .

I looked in it and the only thing I found was dandruff hair and dirt from the scrap yard . :eek: im kinda surprised myself :lol:

They are cutted now .I wont lie it was pretty hard... I really felt like modern society defeated me and all my values.. Its pretty hard to swallow ..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Patlal]
    #21163104 -

Patlal said:
I don't know why people have dreads.

You might as well shoot yourself in the foot. There's no way a guy with dreads can be taken seriously by anyone... There goes the job opportunities...



It's sad but very true depending on where you live of course. I had dreads, loved them so much but they made my life so much harder.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: DiscoBiscuitsTrip]
    #21163140 -

It makes it easier when you are in the street or traveling . you make more money and stuff from pan handling and skewdgeing. people give you even drugs and stuff. It happened like 5 time in BC that people gave me cubies :yesnod:

But in the life im living right now . I have to agree.. and its sad because I think its the way nature maked us . we are supposed to have hair like this.

PS: Hey Zombi3 don't worry ill make sure to make good use of them . They will come back from where they came from but in form of shroom :lol: 

I will make sure this happen, I have to


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Jean-guy Masta]
    #21163160 -

I know what you mean music festivals were a lot more fun when I had dreads haha.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: DiscoBiscuitsTrip]
    #21163197 -

:solidnod: sometimes it can go a lil wrong tho, people giving you 2cb and shit :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Jean-guy Masta]
    #21163202 -

Jean-guy Masta said:
PS: Hey Zombi3 don't worry ill make sure to make good use of them . They will come back from where they came from but in form of shroom :lol: 

I will make sure this happen, I have to



I really want to see this happen.


Jean-guy Masta said:
They are cutted now .I wont lie it was pretty hard... I really felt like modern society defeated me and all my values.. Its pretty hard to swallow ..



Cuz this is what I thought youd say...


:hug:
Much love brother, I hope you find yorself in a position to grow them again one day. If thats what you want. :heart:


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Zombi3]
    #21163266 -

Thanks man  :manofapproval:  , yea maybe one day . Atleast in my heart ill always be that little street kid :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Zombi3]
    #21163329 -

Zombi3 said:
I wasnt misunderstanding you, I was just backing you up lol

The neglect method I believe does involve not washing your hair for some time. And most newly dreaded people choose not to shampoo for about a week with their newly knotted dreads to encourage them to set. Water and shampoo just cause the knots to come out, the point is not to make your hair dirty. Dirty hair does not dread nearly as good as clean hair.



Ah, I see. Whoops! I apologize. :lol:

You and I are in agreement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #21163368 -

Cojo said:
Zombi3 said:
I wasnt misunderstanding you, I was just backing you up lol

The neglect method I believe does involve not washing your hair for some time. And most newly dreaded people choose not to shampoo for about a week with their newly knotted dreads to encourage them to set. Water and shampoo just cause the knots to come out, the point is not to make your hair dirty. Dirty hair does not dread nearly as good as clean hair.



Ah, I see. Whoops! I apologize. :lol:

You and I are in agreement.



:aweohyou::thumbup:


--------------------
You’ve Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven’t You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: cutting 8 years dreadlocks (moved) [Re: Jean-guy Masta]
    #21163557 -

I used to have pretty damn long hair that I cut right when I was about to turn 19.

It took a while for the fact that strangers everywhere are gonna stop looking at me weird to sink in.

Feels good to look normal instead of a freak

Your self-confidence might skyrocket


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dreadlocks
( 1 2 all )
mikeyboy 3,757 21 11/03/05 05:24 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Dreadlock Pictures...
( 1 2 3 all )
Hooty 9,459 51 10/13/03 01:18 AM
by buckwheat
* Anyone else fruitpicking this summer // Okanagan PDU 768 6 05/16/06 06:53 AM
by Konnrade
* Cut my hair
( 1 2 all )
rosewoodpete 4,171 24 06/03/03 05:50 PM
by Pala
* Almost Cut My Hair
( 1 2 all )
KaptKid 1,622 32 12/16/05 04:17 PM
by RussianCelery
* Dreadlock Question
( 1 2 all )
Aninator 2,876 30 08/01/06 08:21 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Anyone with dreadlocking experience help! MrMax 1,009 11 08/30/07 09:27 AM
by Krishna
* Business Opportunity? Or Bullshit? Slooch 956 7 05/18/06 01:26 PM
by Slooch

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,590 topic views. 6 members, 13 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.