Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesnarf
enthusiast
Re: (PICS) of Equador casing
    #21127 - 06/30/00 10:05 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I guess not getting contams would make sense. I've used potting soils on plants before and i've never seen them sprout green mold on the pot surface. I guess if you don't have the casing layer drenching wet and you fan a whole bunch, you shouldn't have mold problems.

-snarf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#21128 - 06/30/00 10:25 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Anonymous

#21131 - 06/30/00 11:20 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, those are pretty

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
    #21132 - 10/02/00 09:59 AM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Very nice flush liz.

------------------
"If I catch ya wit ya draws down I'ma do ya"......Tec-9

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#21133 - 10/02/00 03:14 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Nice looking flush there Lizard King.

I think something needs to be pointed out here. Your stating casings do not need secondary humidification such as a humidifier or perlite. That is a pretty bold statement.
In your small setup I can see where the casing would produce enough humidity in there that is probably at least around 80% which is fine to get them to fruit.
In a larger setup, a secondary source of humidity is a must. You would not be able to achieve high humidity from the casings alone.

When my friend dog scoobie use to grow indoors in small 10 gallon and 20 gallon terraniums he used perlite/water, which worked great. But he also put some small holes in the lid with a filter disc on them to give air exchange.
The times he tried other humidifiers and foggers, the casings would get to saturated. Perlite was more then enough.
Then when scooby went on to larger setups of greenhouses, a humidifier was an absolute must. The times he would forget to refil the humidifier with water for day or so, the humidity would drop way down to 50% or so and the casings could quickly dry out this way.

But, in a small setup like this, you can get away without humidity. I have seen some pics of someone else that got a some nice fruitings like this in a small container with no perlite. Although, personally I recommend the perlite/water.

Anyway, nice little setup and flush there LK.

-peace- www.thehawkseye.com

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited October 06, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Anonymous

#21137 - 10/03/00 10:14 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Jesus Christ Lizard King!! That setup is beautiful... You make it look easy. Though I know it's not. Practice, Practice, Practice.... Nicely done!
"The Humble Student" fld3

Anonymous

#21134 - 10/04/00 08:17 AM (23 years, 5 months ago)

very nice and radiant

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #21135 - 10/04/00 08:40 AM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I wasn't talking about bulk operations when I posted this. I was more reffering to the typical grower and his setup. Most people only grow small amounts of mushrooms(like my setup above) and perlite and water is way overkill. If your casings consist of say 5 half pints or less, the method I posted in this thread works great. The more area your working with, the more evaporation occurs, and thats when a secondary humidification source is required. Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't trying to imply that a secondary humidification source was NEVER needed, just not needed for the more common smaller setups.

Why the hell was this ol thread pulled back up anyway? Just wondering?

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#21136 - 10/04/00 08:51 AM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Heres a perfect example of an over humidified casing. The mushrooms grow tall, skrony, and weak, then fall over because they can't support they're own weight. Not healthy mushrooms to say the least.

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#21138 - 10/04/00 09:29 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Lizard for really great advice and great photos to go with it. This thread has given me more to chew on than most. Keep up the good work;

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#21139 - 10/06/00 04:35 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

LOL :smile: well your right, that particular casing indoors was over humidified. That was way back in time when I was first figuring humidity in small chambers. The reason they fell over was yes from to high of humidity, but also I had a mere 1/8th layer of casing soil on there. A time when i was learning about casing soil also.

I would hardly would call them skrony and weak. These grew over a foot tall with solid thick stems, and this was the 2nd flush. Here is the same mushrooms as above harvested.

BTW LK.. I changed my post above, it was suppose to say "Anyway, NICE little setup and flush there LK."
Instead of "little setup and flush there LK"
Wasnt trying to dis you.

-peace- www.thehawkseye.com

[This message has been edited by Ryche Hawk (edited October 06, 2000).]

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#21140 - 10/06/00 05:11 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

I knew what you meant Hawk, I wasn't trying to dis you either. Your the reason I even had that flush. Those are the same spores I purchased from you well over a year ago and they are still going strong. A definite favorite of mine. You need to share a some of them casing secrets with the ole Lizard :smile: I seem to be stuck in a slump lately. I just can't get it quite right. Its either too much humidity, not enough, or not thick enough casing/substrate layers. Its just a big freakin' mess over here lately. I've really been having problems with overlay. My casings keep colonizing until they are a soilid block of impermeable mass. I can't figure out the right time to induce fruiting, and even when I do try to fruit, the casings don't respond and just keep colonizing more and more. I have no problem getting ashitload of spawn, then I fuck it all up in the casing process.

Oh well, back to the drawing boards.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Offline12BLate
    #21141 - 10/10/00 03:21 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe your just trying to take on to much work at once Lizard King. I have had a few bad runs of bad luck when I had to much going at once and was rushing everything and did not get the usual results I was expecting.
SWeeet pics and mushrooms by the way :wink:

Late

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#21142 - 10/10/00 09:02 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Lizard, I feel your pain. We make it past so many obstacles and can generate infinite [or as much as we can pressure cook] spawn, but get screwed trying to case it. I've just started mixing up spawn with dung [or spawn alone] and packing 1/2 pt jars. It's all twisted and backward, not so efficient, but much easier to generate 95%+ rH and pin cakes than dance around with casings. Still tryin' though. I don't have a lot of time to experiment these days, but that first pic is pretty appealing [i.e. easy-looking setup].
Most of my casing successes are inadvertent, abandoning trays for a few days to rot, only to come back to a bounty of pins. Like they hate attention or something. Of course the other possiblity is that I have a huge amount of contam's on ME and the more I distance myself the better.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds