Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Is casing better than not casing
    #67471 - 12/03/99 12:31 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Growing mushrooms off cakes is easy but doesn't yeild very well and is unatural for the mycelium and mushroom to grow. Casing just increases the amount of surface area in which the mushroom can fruit. This maximizes the potential of yeild. Casing is very easy, even for the first timer. If your confused with all the casing teks just use moist vermiculite to case, or a combo of verm/soil. I would suggest to case though, you'll be happy you did.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Is casing better than not casing [Re: Lizard King]
    #67473 - 12/03/99 12:37 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Psilo-king MMGG does have a small chapter about casing, but it doesn't really praise it highly. That's because MMGG is more about gourmet wood-loving mushrooms that don't benefit from a casing or at least not that much. If you read The Mushroom Cultivator you'd get the impression that a casing is a gift from God or something. That's because that book concentrated on more of the dung-dwelling mushrooms like the magic mushroom (i.e. cubensis).

With that said, I'll say from my own personal experience you should definitely case. Perhaps you'd like to see what a cased grain tray of ecuadors I grew looked like? Click here to see it. That comes from a series of pictures that you can see in this thread. Now I ask you: should you case? :wink:

ShroomGod

[This message has been edited by ShroomGod (edited December 03, 1999).]

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #67474 - 12/03/99 01:31 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Now that is a casing. WOW!, what a site. I have had very thick flushes before like that but when I get those thick flushes the average mushroom tends to be quite small. Nice pics shroomGod.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#67475 - 12/03/99 02:06 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I have 2 cases right now. I'm following what LizardKing recommended. 1 case is all vermiculite and the other is soil/vermiculite. Everything is going well. The soil/verm case is on day 5 and the straight verm case is on day 3. Both have white fuzz growin.

Justin

Offlinegrath
enthusiast
    #67476 - 12/03/99 04:19 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'd like to jump in and say my cakes on perlite do just aswell (in dry matter) as casing (i have never cased a large amount of cakes though)

Anonymous

#67477 - 12/04/99 07:30 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

wow shroom god! i'd say that picture proves your point pretty well. i just posted a question about casing my sluggish cakes before i saw this thread.

i think i'll run case now.

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #67478 - 12/04/99 12:34 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hey ShroomGod...
Thats a BAD-ASS casing..
MmmmMmmmMmmmmmmm...!!!!
I sure would like to have a casing that grew that thick...

You really are the GOD of shrooms...

Anonymous

#67479 - 12/06/99 06:43 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Take it from a newbie also.
I waited and waited and waited on my cakes
that just did nothing.
Of 8 half pint cakes of equadors from JLF
I got 1.5 gr dry.

I decided to take the casing route with 6 jars of b+. I cased alla shroomwizard using shroomgods humidifier tek and from the first two cakes cased in one tray on the first flush got 58gr wet. More are coming.

The moment I saw that resultr I cased the rest and waiting happily. Mycelium is poking through everywhere along w/ one premy pin that is rather large.

Get the teks, follow them and you'll be happier. Note: The lime is important.

------------------
Trails fruit trails...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag