Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Interstellar [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #20883822 -

The cheesy lines are just there for respite.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #20883857 -

Im waiting for the tv series of it to come out. My mom keeps telling me about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #20884123 -

I would like to hear that line while having sex one day. :smirk:


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: kr0nik0]
    #20884170 -

Sounds like the type of movie I'll want to see in theaters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: plektheplek]
    #20884521 -

Well shit, after reading this thread again I'm probably gonna have to go catch this in theaters as well.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #20884786 -

Spoiler talk to those who saw it!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
The end twist about "them" being "us" from the future... it felt like I've seen that one in another movie about aliens. Can't remember which one tho. Also reminded me the movie "Contact" where in the end there's a peaceful revelation and it all ends well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: koods]
    #20884816 -

koods said:
There was an article in the paper about how the sound editing was terrible and people are having a hard time understanding some of the dialogue.



hah thought that was because i was watching a downloaded cam version

i couldnt hear 1/3 of what was said but still enjoyed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Does]
    #20884841 -

Does said:
koods said:
There was an article in the paper about how the sound editing was terrible and people are having a hard time understanding some of the dialogue.



hah thought that was because i was watching a downloaded cam version

i couldnt hear 1/3 of what was said but still enjoyed



Yeah, I'll definitely have to go see this in theaters if the speech intelligibility is already kind of low :lol:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Sheekle]
    #20884843 -

Sheekle said:
Awesome movie, I saw it a few weeks back and might see it again this week



what movie?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #20884881 -

Bridgeburner said:
Spoiler talk to those who saw it!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
The end twist about "them" being "us" from the future... it felt like I've seen that one in another movie about aliens. Can't remember which one tho. Also reminded me the movie "Contact" where in the end there's a peaceful revelation and it all ends well.



i dug them being us, black holes, and gravity time travel

i wouldve been satisfied if that was it

it was a little too perfect for him to be found randomly to see his daughter before she died

also i called matt damon pulling some sneaky shit!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Does]
    #20884903 -

Quote:
Yeah, I'll definitely have to go see this in theaters if the speech intelligibility is already kind of low :lol:





wish i did

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #20884910 -

Bridgeburner said:
Spoiler talk to those who saw it!



I was asking myself that too, but I think I'm remembering the plot to a novel and not a movie I've seen.  Also I've read lots of conspiracy theorist's explanations for UFOs that go along those lines, so I'm sure that has something to do with why I thought I'd seen or read it before.  Decided to spoiler this too just in case.



Was it just me, or did David Gyasi emulate Morgan Freeman's voice just a little bit during the obligatory paper and pencil breakdown of a wormhole?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: MorphinTime]
    #20885704 -

Spoiler....the movie has a massive plot hole unless you assume that gravity is physiologically prior to spacetime or that time runs from past to future and from future to past and meets at the present. Either alternative is deep but neither seems to be made explicit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: morrowasted]
    #20906038 -

Watched it yesterday and made a couple observations:

1. From an Illuminati perspective... Just more transhumanist garbage and a rather shallow denial of God. Those guys just look desperate at this point.

2. Just as a movie it was very entertaining and well acted. Although I think the visual effects have been done better before. The views of various planets were very plain.

3. I see that in the future there are still only a couple black people.

4. The robots were cool... But we need to be careful with AI.

5. that guy spent years plotting the murder of his rescuers? How did he pass the psych eval?

6. An ancient astronaut plot line would be much more believable to me.


--------------------
Anything I say on here is total bullshit...I'm really insecure and lie A LOT to fit in

Edited by annunaki yooper (11/29/14 09:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: annunaki yooper]
    #20906193 -

I don't see it as a denial of God at all. It basically says that we are God.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #20906486 -

what movie OP?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Azure Essence]
    #20906540 -

Saw the movie in IMAX a few days ago.
Been wanting to check it out for a bit, but I waited for my brother to come out to my place for Thanksgiving until we saw it so he could see it in IMAX.
Well worth the wait, IMAX was an incredible experience, especially since it was the first movie I've seen in theaters in about a year and a half.

and,
well,
Those blast off scenes?
Incredible in IMAX.
I was so excited for them from the start, I knew 2001 was a big influence on the movie so I KNEW there was going to be something similar, and I was SO high, I was almost scared to watch the movie before it started :lol: My vision was nothing but movie.
Nothing but blasting off through wormholes and black holes.
I reallllllllly wish they didn't keep changing from the blasting off to face shots though, I also wish the scenes were longer.
But god damn... It was fantastic.


--------------------
*
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #20906808 -

I caught a lot of the biblical references but I feel as if I probably missed many since that's definitely not my forte. 


What was the significance of TARS not being visible to Conner in the tesseract?  Maybe there was an answer in the dialogue between them at the time but I can't remember.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: annunaki yooper] * 1
    #20907565 -

Lolsy @"illuminati perspective"-  Buddy if you didn't realize that's the boat the species is in...you've not been paying attention.  Its overpopulated and this planet CANT handle the stress we've put upon it. :shrug:


--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: TheGreenArrow]
    #20907922 -

TheGreenArrow said:
Lolsy @"illuminati perspective"-  Buddy if you didn't realize that's the boat the species is in...you've not been paying attention.  Its overpopulated and this planet CANT handle the stress we've put upon it. :shrug:



No, that's a false narrative designed with the very specific purpose of curtailing the freedom of men.


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Interstellar?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
BlazeGlassDabs 7,230 100 06/24/16 07:33 PM
by psi
* go see interstellar morrowasted 991 17 11/19/14 11:29 PM
by Mr Piggy
* 2001: A Space Odyssey back in theaters!!!!! Mental Slavery 817 13 10/22/14 05:16 PM
by zappaisgod
* Mass Shooting at Colo. Movie Theater, 14 People Dead trampis 779 5 07/20/12 06:45 AM
by Newbie
* Do you see movies at the theaters? ToTheSummit 964 11 02/19/09 08:45 PM
by F0SS1L
* I didn't realize people applauded at movie theaters.
( 1 2 all )
ReginaldPMcpoop 3,230 36 09/22/13 09:06 PM
by Eminence
* Terrorism is THEATER
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Confucian 2,884 76 11/17/15 12:16 PM
by MichAnon.ael
* Popcorn at movie theaters....
( 1 2 3 all )
Patlal 2,040 42 11/05/15 08:06 PM
by Anahata

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,518 topic views. 2 members, 19 guests and 315 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.042 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.