Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Interstellar [Re: Oceanshore23Forest]
    #20874481 -

I feel like people who couldn't "hear the dialogue" are actually just too ashamed to admit that they just can't understand what people are saying even though they hear it


I am hard of hearing and I caught every word

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: morrowasted]
    #20874538 -

Thanks for making my decision easy. I've had a couple movie tickets since last Christmas that I've never used. My GF has been bugging me to use them but I hate being disappointed by a movie. I've heard really good things about Interstellar though. Probably go see it tonight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Magicman69]
    #20874687 -

I remember a few weeks ago I heard this was a movie coming out soon and thought it'd be cool even though I didn't/haven't seen any previews, and then I forgot about it. Now that I see this thread I want to go see it..


--------------------
fuck dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #20874919 -

Bridgeburner said:
btw also saw Fury. a pretty brutal movie for a mainstream WW2 one.




Gotta torrent this and interstellar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Mush4Brains] * 1
    #20876243 -

Mush4Brains said:
Bridgeburner said:
btw also saw Fury. a pretty brutal movie for a mainstream WW2 one.




Gotta torrent this and interstellar.



Movies like interstellar are done no justice on a little computer screen or home theater. Do yourself and the people who pour work into these films a favor, and part $6.50 from your stingy hands to go enjoy it in a proper theater. Sheesh.


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #20876282 -

I agree Interstellar was made to be witnessed on the big screen.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #20876325 -

JesusIsLord said:
Mush4Brains said:
Bridgeburner said:
btw also saw Fury. a pretty brutal movie for a mainstream WW2 one.




Gotta torrent this and interstellar.



Movies like interstellar are done no justice on a little computer screen or home theater. Do yourself and the people who pour work into these films a favor, and part $6.50 from your stingy hands to go enjoy it in a proper theater. Sheesh.




I don't require justice.  If it's good enough on a "little computer screen or home theater," then I'll go shell out $10+ on a movie ticket after to get the full effect.  Not sure where you're getting $6.50 tickets from, unless it's the budget theater, which if that is the case, you're not doing movies like Interstellar justice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Mush4Brains]
    #20876330 -

Mush4Brains said:
JesusIsLord said:
Mush4Brains said:
Bridgeburner said:
btw also saw Fury. a pretty brutal movie for a mainstream WW2 one.




Gotta torrent this and interstellar.



Movies like interstellar are done no justice on a little computer screen or home theater. Do yourself and the people who pour work into these films a favor, and part $6.50 from your stingy hands to go enjoy it in a proper theater. Sheesh.




I don't require justice.  If it's good enough on a "little computer screen or home theater," then I'll go shell out $10+ on a movie ticket after to get the full effect.  Not sure where you're getting $6.50 tickets from, unless it's the budget theater, which if that is the case, you're not doing movies like Interstellar justice.



Matinee


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: JesusIsLord]
    #20876359 -

What the fuck did you just call me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Mush4Brains]
    #20876366 -

Mush4Brains said:
What the fuck did you just call me?



:ifyoucanawe:


--------------------


And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #20876595 -

Bridgeburner said:
Some visuals toward the end reminded me of DMT trips :tinfoil:



definetly this. very dmt like..i wonder if they got inspiration from it.
lol what am i thinkin probably not. very good movie tho.


--------------------
Psychoactive Drugs and Plants experienced:
Caffeine,Cannabis,Alcohol,Tobacco,Hydrocodeine,Psilocybin Mushrooms,LSD,25i-nbome,Kratom,Etizolam,DXM,Salvia,Amphetamine,DMT<3, Nitrous Oxide, Cocaine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: WoodsyMermaid]
    #20882602 -

WHERE DID THIS THREAD GO??!:laugh: The very best movie ive scene in awhile. I can't believe someone has put it together as an illustration like this:peace: So glad I went out and scene it!
I reccommend it to anyone and everyone.

:cheers:
Shorty:earth:


--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Shortknight]
    #20882637 -

Yes this movie was great. It was worth the money on the big screen.  If you are a sci fi fan go see this in theaters. I saw it in Imax this past weekend and it was the best movie I've seen in theaters in years.

Don't read about the plot just go see it. A movie like this should be seen in theaters as you get so immersed in it. The wormhole and blackhole rendition was awesome.


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: morrowasted]
    #20882643 -

morrowasted said:
I feel like people who couldn't "hear the dialogue" are actually just too ashamed to admit that they just can't understand what people are saying even though they hear it


I am hard of hearing and I caught every word



Transhumanism scares people. :shrug:


--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: TheGreenArrow]
    #20882651 -

Saw it last night and I thought it was absolutely beautiful.  The more easily predictable parts still moved me and I found myself tearing up a few times.  Well done!

I am also a bit hard at hearing but heard the actors just fine.  I think people may have the most trouble hearing some of the lines during the action sequences, but it made it feel all the more intense.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: MorphinTime]
    #20882689 -

What I read is that the director wanted the sound to be like that.

The dialogue is not everything and people get way too caught up in it these days. I probably don't need to point out all the shows and movies lately that are just drawn out conversations. The sound thing wont bother me, with all these good reviews I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. It's a shame I missed seeing it a few weeks ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #20882745 -

Glad to hear it's been reviewed so well by both online movie ratings websites as well as members of the shroomery.

I'm a huge fan of dystopian future sci-fi films. I was going to just stream it online when it became available at decent quality, but sounds like I need to do it justice and go to an actual theater.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: WoodsyMermaid]
    #20882896 -

WoodsyMermaid said:
Bridgeburner said:
Some visuals toward the end reminded me of DMT trips :tinfoil:



definetly this. very dmt like..i wonder if they got inspiration from it.
lol what am i thinkin probably not. very good movie tho.



Not sure about dmt, but christopher nolan definitely eats mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: mt cleverest]
    #20882955 -

Awesome movie, I saw it a few weeks back and might see it again this week


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Interstellar [Re: Sheekle]
    #20883729 -

The only cheesy line/scene was when Caine said "you're the best pilot we've ever had". Idk how many I've heard that line in movies now :cool:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Interstellar?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
BlazeGlassDabs 7,230 100 06/24/16 07:33 PM
by psi
* go see interstellar morrowasted 991 17 11/19/14 11:29 PM
by Mr Piggy
* 2001: A Space Odyssey back in theaters!!!!! Mental Slavery 817 13 10/22/14 05:16 PM
by zappaisgod
* Mass Shooting at Colo. Movie Theater, 14 People Dead trampis 779 5 07/20/12 06:45 AM
by Newbie
* Do you see movies at the theaters? ToTheSummit 964 11 02/19/09 08:45 PM
by F0SS1L
* I didn't realize people applauded at movie theaters.
( 1 2 all )
ReginaldPMcpoop 3,230 36 09/22/13 09:06 PM
by Eminence
* Terrorism is THEATER
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Confucian 2,884 76 11/17/15 12:16 PM
by MichAnon.ael
* Popcorn at movie theaters....
( 1 2 3 all )
Patlal 2,040 42 11/05/15 08:06 PM
by Anahata

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,518 topic views. 2 members, 29 guests and 189 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.