Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCryptology
Grand Inquirer

Loc: Zone 5 Flag
MAO inhibitor Acquisition in America
    #20787202 - 11/03/14 10:42 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Admin, if there is a better spot for this where it can be enjoyed by all I'd appreciate a move to that spot!

Where can I get MAO inhibitors such as Sryian rue or better in the US>? I ask here because experience is better than google.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblelarry.fisherman
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Swimming in Circles Flag
Re: MAO inhibitor Acquisition in America [Re: Cryptology]
    #20787210 - 11/03/14 10:45 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Our experience IS Google.

That being said, some vendors affiliated with this forum sell those products. If you want a purified product, Avalon Magic Plants sells harmine HCL, and possibly harmaline HCL as well. Been a while since I was on there.

InvisibleCryptology
Grand Inquirer

Re: MAO inhibitor Acquisition in America [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #20787240 - 11/03/14 11:05 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

XLCaps said:
Our experience IS Google.

That being said, some vendors affiliated with this forum sell those products. If you want a purified product, Avalon Magic Plants sells harmine HCL, and possibly harmaline HCL as well. Been a while since I was on there.

Google may be your experience, but I am hoping for the good back to narrow it down. And those MAO's you listed.. how powerful at they? I am not too familiar with MAO

OfflinePsychoKinesiS
Alien Resources Manager
    #20787278 - 11/03/14 11:24 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Westerners lately are all about using rue, because rue is cheap. However, rue also contains toxins. You can overdose and are doing damage to your body unless you do some kind of extraction to filter out all of the toxins. Not worth being cheap to me.

The best MAO-I to use for ayahuasca is a Caapi. It is completely safe and also contains many more different good psychedelic alkaloids than rue. The Caapi plant is also named "ayahuasca". It is THE plant to use. The shamans believe that this plant has spiritual powers.

These plants are legal in the U.S. and you can find them easily on dozens of shaman-themed websites on Google. You can just use your credit card and have it shipped in days.

I don't think I could give you a specific site because it might be called 'sourcing' here even though it's legal. It's not legal in every country either.

There are also other MAO-Is you can buy from the pharmacy or a health food store.

--------------------

Edited by PsychoKinesiS (11/03/14 11:25 AM)

InvisibleCryptology
Grand Inquirer

Re: MAO inhibitor Acquisition in America [Re: PsychoKinesiS]
    #20787337 - 11/03/14 11:50 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PsychoKinesiS said:
Westerners lately are all about using rue, because rue is cheap. However, rue also contains toxins. You can overdose and are doing damage to your body unless you do some kind of extraction to filter out all of the toxins. Not worth being cheap to me.

The best MAO-I to use for ayahuasca is a Caapi. It is completely safe and also contains many more different good psychedelic alkaloids than rue. The Caapi plant is also named "ayahuasca". It is THE plant to use. The shamans believe that this plant has spiritual powers.

These plants are legal in the U.S. and you can find them easily on dozens of shaman-themed websites on Google. You can just use your credit card and have it shipped in days.

I don't think I could give you a specific site because it might be called 'sourcing' here even though it's legal. It's not legal in every country either.

There are also other MAO-Is you can buy from the pharmacy or a health food store.

Could you PM with a source you trust?

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #20787362 - 11/03/14 11:58 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Syrian rue is legal as is b caapi
You can buy either one from on-line retailers
Can find Syrian rue sometimes in large health food stores or head shops

But.. They are legal... So... Not sure I see your paranoia

The Shroomery Sponsors are good sources

I suggest you start there

And yes... Rue is cheap

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineDa2ra
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East Flag
Re: MAO inhibitor Acquisition in America [Re: PsychoKinesiS]
    #20787390 - 11/03/14 12:07 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PsychoKinesiS said:

No, read about the criticism of the bioavailability of those MAOIs here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/660439-Mixing-MAOI-with-cacao?p=11923528&viewfull=1#post11923528

They've made extra-bioavailable forms of curcumin, though, so that's something to look into: http://emediahealth.com/2011/07/02/high-bioavailability-curcumin-supplements-from-indena-dolcas-biotech-and-verdure-sciences/

Evidence for curcumin's MAO-A inhibiting activity:

Anti-depressant like effect of curcumin and its combination with piperine in unpredictable chronic stress-induced behavioral, biochemical and neurochemical changes
Mohit Kumar Bhutani, Mahendra Bishnoi, Shrinivas K. Kulkarni
Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior - PHARMACOL BIOCHEM BEHAV , vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 39-43, 2009
DOI: 10.1016/j.pbb.2008.10.007
DOWNLOAD (thanks to libgen.org)

Allegations of curcumin toxicity, though: The dark side of curcumin. Burgos-Morón et al. 2010. Int. J. Cancer: 126, 1771–1775

I agree with you about rue, PsychoKinesiS, based on others saying the same thing and my own experience; however perhaps the crude chemical extractions* that the average person can do succeeds in filtering those toxins out? Here's some info on the toxins in rue:

I only have copies of the first three, which you can download here.

Peganum harmala intoxication, a case report. M. Moshiri, et al (2013)

A case of β-carboline alkaloid intoxication following ingestion of Peganum harmala seed extract. Frison G, et al (2008).

Toxicity of Peganum harmala: Review and a Case Report. M. Mahmoudian, et al (2002)

A case of overdose with Peganum harmala L. Ben Salah, N., Amamou, M., Jerbi, Z., Ben Salah, F., Yacoub, M., 1986. J. Toxicol. Clin. Exp. 1986, 319–322.

Quote from the first one:

However, it must be emphasized that peganine and deoxypeganine, reportedly present in P. harmala seeds, were for the first time detected in an infusion-like preparation and in the patient’s urine. These two quinazoline alkaloids are reported to cause a pronounced depression of cholinesterase activity in animals, with desoxypeganine showing an anticholinesterase activity being 10 times superior than peganine. In the experiments on anesthetized cats, desoxypeganine eliminated blockade of neuromuscular conductivity induced by diplacine and conversely enhanced blockade induced by ditilin[40]. Their role in producing some of P. harmala intoxication symptoms should be kept in account.

[40] N. Tuliaganov, F.S. Sadritdinov, G.A. Sulemanova, Pharmacological characteristics of desoxypeganine hydrochloride, Farmakol. Toksikol. 49 (1986) 37–40.

*A new level of harmala purity with this extraction

Synthetic MAOIs shouldn't be dismissed either. A user on Bluelight is a big fan of using moclobemide in combination with DMT. Search it under his name, Ismene, and you'll see loads of posts. There's even a whole article on it called "the Moclobemide Report":

The Moclobemide Report supplies information about this short-term, reversible, medical MAOI. Learn about the benefits of this drug (over Peganum harmala and other herbal MAOI drugs) when used in pharmahuasca experiments. Moclobemide is fast becoming the MAOI of preference amongst in-the-know psychonauts. Educate yourself today! (3 pages)

Jon Hanna. http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_resource_list.pdf

All the MAOIs should be up for consideration though. The following report about the drug, selegiline is questionable because of how low the dose is (read more about selegiline's dose in this post), but it's very intriguing:

Taking 5mg of selegiline and 4-5+ grams (dried) of shrooms, often lead to overwhelming experiences, more profound and more beautiful, longer, and more of a too long DMTish feel; with the "into the void and piercing the veil" type trips. And if I could get brave enough to "let go" I would experience constant Ego Loss over and over again while being overwhelmed with epiphanies of myself, surroundings, and my little social web and life.

04/29/14  BayerPhi  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19914585#19914585

InvisibleCryptology
Grand Inquirer

Re: MAO inhibitor Acquisition in America [Re: Da2ra]
    #20787509 - 11/03/14 12:35 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Da2ra said:
Quote:

PsychoKinesiS said:

No, read about the criticism of the bioavailability of those MAOIs here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/660439-Mixing-MAOI-with-cacao?p=11923528&viewfull=1#post11923528

They've made extra-bioavailable forms of curcumin, though, so that's something to look into: http://emediahealth.com/2011/07/02/high-bioavailability-curcumin-supplements-from-indena-dolcas-biotech-and-verdure-sciences/

04/29/14  BayerPhi  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19914585#19914585

Great post. Now, this is something I can sink my teeth into. Thank you for the small volume, I'll study religiously until I get it. :smile:

OfflineDa2ra
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East Flag
    #20787547 - 11/03/14 12:44 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Your welcome!

In regard to naturally-occurring MAOIs, resveratrol is something to look into as well: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17591264#17591264

There are also many other plants that contain chemicals closely related to rue & caapi's harmine/harmaline. These are addressed in Christian Rätsch's 'The Encyclopedia of Psychoative Plants', in the chapter entitled 'Ayahuasca Analogs and Pharmahuasca', on page 716. You can download this book here.

Someone recently started a discussion on one of these plants, which is what lead me to that entry in the book: Russian Olive: MAOi in Our Backyards

Technical data on harmala chemicals:

Udenfriend S, Witkop B, Redfield B, Weissbach H. 1958. Studies with reversible inhibitors of monoamine oxidase: Harmaline and related compounds. Biochemical Pharmacology, 1(2):160-165. DOI:10.1016/0006-2952(58)90025-X  DOWNLOAD

Buckholtz NS, Boggan WO. 1977. Monoamine oxidase inhibition in brain and liver produced by beta-carbolines: structure-activity relationships and substrate specificity. Biochemical Pharmacology, 26(21):1991-6. DOI:10.1016/0006-2952(77)90007-7  DOWNLOAD

OfflinePsychoKinesiS
Alien Resources Manager
    #20787598 - 11/03/14 12:55 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Wow I just read about reservatrol as a brain enhancement supplement and was about to start using it and didn't even know it was an MAO_I

Same thing happened with Turmeric. I started using it as a health supplement and then found out Circumin (in turmeric) is a MAO_I.

Is everything good an MAO_I?

--------------------

Edited by PsychoKinesiS (11/03/14 12:56 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate