Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Substrate showing 2 types of mycelial growth
    #20743 - 06/16/00 08:42 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

AHHH! COBWEB MOLD! Go to the grocery store and buy some hydrogen peroxide right now! Put it in a spray bottle and spray the hell outta that cottony growth... the cottony cobweb mold will prevent growth of pins and will rot the rest. if it's not too advanced you might save the casing... hope it hasn't permeated all of it or your fukked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #20745 - 06/16/00 01:52 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

1. Why would you oven bake your jars?
2. its probably not cobweb, just grow it and see what happens.
3.why would you use an oven
4. your substrate is probably very dry
5. im surprised they grew
6. dont use an oven next time

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

Offlinebrainnoise
journeyman
    #20746 - 06/16/00 11:39 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Well.. as many mycophiles know.. sometimes you have to improvise. I did not have a glass jar or anything that would fit my uncle's teddy's sister's pressure cooker. So he decided to use some enameled metal pans. So far it has been growing quite quickly and nicely. The substrate did not dry out, in fact. i adjusted for the evaporation caused by placing it in the oven by increasing the water i use. I used spores to innoculate (from only a spore print) and am clearly seening pc mycelium. not cobweb mold as anyone sails. its clear that there are two types of mycelia.. it is discussed in the MMGG... Anyway.. i'm not killing it until i know or see some contamination. it smells pleasantly mushroomy.

------------------
To see the light is not enough.. brainnoise

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale