Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Dry substrate, dry climate, worried
    #1028625 - 11/06/02 03:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My friend recently purchased 2 syringes from TLG, Maz, and b+. The maz seemed to have alot more spores floating in the water. He assumed this was normal and that maz just had bigger spores.
I think I may have messed up though. I used MMGG and I mixed 2/3 verm for 1/4 brf and 1/4 water. I mixed enough for 6 jars but it ended up being enough for eight because I didn't pack them down at all (I heard it was better not to). Also the water that I poured in was hot, which I did not think would be a problem since I was going to boil them anyway. I followed the instructions verbatim. It has been five days and 4 of the maz have started to grow waht I think is mycelium. The last 4 jars I made mixed the ingredients individually to get the amount MMGG said and had to pack it down a bit to make it fit. Two out of the 4 that have possible mycelium were in that group. I don't know what is the best way to go. Also none of the B+ have showed even remote signs of growth. When I took the jars out to check on them I noticed that the brf moves around like sand in there. I thought maybe they aretwo dry and would like to know if the brf and verm should act like a compound and not move around or if it's okay. I noticed condensation in a few of the jars a couple days ago which I thought was a good thing (it wasn't pooling in the bottom) but now it is gone and I'm worried that they are too dry. I live in a very dry climate. No humidity. I don't know if this is a problem because I thought that the jars would retain enough moisture. Maybe I messed up with the substrate ratio. I am using half pint jars. Please any help would be great.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Dry substrate, dry climate, worried [Re: thisone]
    #1028665 - 11/06/02 03:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

2 parts verm
1 part BRF
1 part water

Five days is too soon to start worrying. I've had jars take up to 2 weeks to start growing. A little condensation in the jars is normal.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
Re: Dry substrate, dry climate, worried [Re: thisone]
    #1028676 - 11/06/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Dry substrate definatley isnt good. I used the dreaded heating pad method of incubation and it dried all of my jars out. Your best bet would be to build an incubator using an aquarium heater. And about the jars not colonizing yet...give it time...A couple of mine didnt show signs of growth for about a week and a half...after 2 weeks with no growth...then maybe get worried.

--------------------
...remember...

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Dry substrate, dry climate, worried [Re: axtv]
    #1028688 - 11/06/02 03:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I am using the fish tank heater incubator technique in PF-tek for simple minds. Still is that brf loose and dry in there okay? Is there any remedies?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract