Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsike
Loc: usa
blue/dark, stunted-growth mushrooms: what happened
    #341872 - 06/15/01 10:53 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

on my cakes (MMGG tek) i have pinheads that have formed. on one cake, the mushrooms are growing fine. on the ones with pinheads, the mushrooms definately aren't normal. they are not growing hardley at all(about 1 in. long), and the parts that will develop into the caps look dark blue or almost black with light spots. they also have white fluffy stuff growing on their bases. the development of the mushrooms seems to be arrested. they just won't show signs of growth. i don't really see any contams, but there might be cobweb mold present(i'm not sure how to identify cobweb mold). everything on the cakes is white, but there are fluffy parts. if it is cobweb mold or another contam, it happened in the chamber, not the jars. any thoughts about this anyone?

the above is a fictional account my dog experienced

yup

yup

--------------------
just checking what condition my condition is in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleslither
addict
Re: blue/dark, stunted-growth mushrooms: what happened [Re: Psike]
    #341893 - 06/15/01 11:20 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

It's hard to answer this question without knowing how long they've been sitting at 1", they could be aborts, which means they just quit, it happens often, but not usually to a whole cake, I doubt you have cobweb mold, fluffy mycelium usually occurs at the base of shrooms on a healthy cake. Once a cake is colonized, it's pretty resistant to contams.

OfflinePsilocybin
Re: blue/dark, stunted-growth mushrooms: what happened [Re: slither]
    #341904 - 06/15/01 11:39 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

doesnt sound like a mold, you would know if their was a mold growing. Im sure they are aborts. I have seen this happen many times on the second or third flush, you think your going to have a nice set of shrooms till they just stop growing. the white stuff just sounds like mycelium growing on the aborts, this is pretty common too. You should just pick them now and try to set it up for a second flush. I'm not real experienced with cakes(I think casings are much better), but if it were a casing I would apply a 1/2" layer of fresh casing material and wait for the next flush. Hopefully a more experienced cake grower can comment on how to induce a second flush, or you can always just case it after you pick the aborts and grow casing, whatever you choose to do, doesnt make much of a difference.

Get Spores for Free!!!

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #601954 - 04/08/02 06:48 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hi I know this is a late response but I have the same problem did you ever found out what was the problem?

--------------------

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
    #601972 - 04/08/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

have you been misting directly on the pins?
i ruined quite a few flushes by misting too close to the pins (or at least i think i was misting too heavy)
It brusied them all up, and they turned blue, and aborted.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: blue/dark, stunted-growth mushrooms: what happened [Re: cookiewhore]
    #602042 - 04/08/02 09:40 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, aren't the abhorts more powerful than the normal kinds? I think I read that on the PF Tek guide....

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineZen69
Stranger
    #602055 - 04/08/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I had the same thing happen. I don't know if it was all the mist from the Ultrasonic humidifier or if they were just really dry, but casing fixed them. I'm leaning towards them just being really dry, because it took over 5 weeks to fully colonize because I used a 1/2 year old syring. I wasn't incubating them in a container, so I'm sure that 40-50% of their original water must have evaporated (it gets really dry here in the winter).

I realize that this is probably way to late to help you, but others who see their cakes going blue and not producing should try casing them. It's not very hard and for me, it made a stalled cake do this:

http://www.shroomery.org/gallery.php?section=view&display=images/gallery/grow/script/57071-bigshr00ms.jpg

Offlinecookiewhore
enthusiast
Re: blue/dark, stunted-growth mushrooms: what happened [Re: fireworks_god]
    #602138 - 04/08/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

well i dont know if aborts are better, but they're certainly smaller:) i dont think i want aborted pins over matures
haha

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds