Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
growing wild shrooms????
    #2056353 -

What would be the best(least contam)way to grow some of the wild mushrooms that I have been finding?

I have taken prints from them and usually have contams. Some one said that I could clone the live shroom with less chance of geting contams.

Does anyone here have any experience working with a wild strain?

Is their a cleaner way of making the syringe from the print?

Here is a link to my grow log http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...&PHPSESSID=

It tells in more detail how I have been doing my prints and making the syringe.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: niteowl]
    #2056359 -

> Some one said that I could clone the live shroom with less chance of getting contams.


This is very much possible, yes.

Check http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23462 and http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23544 in general.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Anno]
    #2056529 -

have u tried agar
inoculate with the spores and then cut small pieces of uncontaminated mycelium.

and like anno said cloning could work as well. Im sure the cloning would be much easier but if it doesnt work agar would be you next step.


--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Seraph]
    #2056726 -

I am VERY new at this trying to grow shrooms. All I have ever done is the PF tek. I have never used agar, dont know what it is.

I have been making the print and syringe at home due to a cash flow deficit. Every time I think I will have enuf cash to order a syringe something comes up and takes my cash!

So Im stuck trying to gro with these wild cubes.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: niteowl]
    #2056772 -



--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: thisone]
    #2056797 -

I am too lazy right now to find a link, but check out Joshua's grow log for his USVI. It is very instructive.

good luck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: student]
    #2056809 -

In my experience cloning works better than going from a wild spore print as far as limiting contamination. I have had good luck though with spore prints taken carefully then streaked onto agar. With a bit of luck any contam's are limited and you can later isolate some clean mycellium and drop it into a clean dish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Werecat]
    #2057013 -

FSRE :wink: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Fungi_x]
    #2057303 -

The only way that I can get spores is to take prints from wild cubes. I started my first grow with wild spore prints before I even found the shroomery. Sure, I had some contam issues, but I overcame them. I just don't see how it could be that difficult to take a relatively clean spore print from a wild cube. The spores that I started with came from mushrooms that were picked and then thrown in a bag with other mushrooms(not the smartest idea, but...).
My point is that maybe(I know that I have no idea how clean you are) you should re-think your preparation and sterilization techniques. If I can do this then anyone can. I'm the laziest mofo there is.

Anyway, Good Luck on your future attempts.


--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2059729 -

Im going to try "LiL KuSsH's Syringe Making Tek" this time and see how it works.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: niteowl]
    #2059947 -

Still no luck with that?
I don't know if it's too cold there or not, but try making the print outside.
I also don't know that making a syringe is necessary. Although many may disagree using re-hydration as their reason, BUT, you can innoculate directly from the print. Sterility plays a bigger issue, maybe, but oh well. As for hydration, if it's a relatively fresh print, no worries, but according to some Teks in The Shroomery, you can scrape directly off the print, and your substrate will re-hydarate them.

Oh, and like Ekstaza said, I am also a lazy motherfucker. Take a shower, alcohol wash the hands, spray some lysol(no name actually), turn on the oven. I use an alcohol lamp for the syringe. This is as far as I've ever went with sterility. Personally, I think the whole doctor suit, and Decontamination chamber is for large scale hobbies. And also to instill paranoia into you, so that you don't forget, or at least attempt to be clean. Thinking of this, I also handle my colonizing jars frequently, with dirty hands, while smoking, blah, blh, blah, never a contam. If you are still having probs with them, I would suggest Spring Cleaning your pad! As I am a clean freak, I guess maybe that's why I've had good luck with my lax Teks.

Peace


--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Where to Grow my Shrooms? Anonymous 1,904 7 01/07/00 01:37 AM
by Anonymous
* Taming the Wild Shroom Suntzu 2,284 7 05/10/01 10:43 PM
by Suntzu
* Re: Popping the lid and just growing the shrooms straight out of the jar neuro 989 2 08/02/00 09:28 PM
by Anonymous
* shrooms from contaminated cakes solrac 2,656 6 10/02/01 08:05 PM
by Jammer
* since shroomz grow no cow shit... guy123456789 3,295 16 04/21/02 10:54 AM
by nugsarenice
* Wild strain with CRAZY visuals Visigoth 2,115 6 03/13/18 08:02 PM
by Shineonyoucrazy
* Non-alcoholic trip???
( 1 2 all )
Sypriss 3,529 29 02/11/02 11:18 PM
by Anonymous
* Growing in Japan - beginner - help! deadsocket 2,631 8 04/24/02 05:33 AM
by Springbok

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,632 topic views. 10 members, 122 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.