Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
growing wild shrooms????
    #2056353 - 10/30/03 04:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What would be the best(least contam)way to grow some of the wild mushrooms that I have been finding?

I have taken prints from them and usually have contams. Some one said that I could clone the live shroom with less chance of geting contams.

Does anyone here have any experience working with a wild strain?

Is their a cleaner way of making the syringe from the print?

Here is a link to my grow log http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...&PHPSESSID=

It tells in more detail how I have been doing my prints and making the syringe.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: niteowl]
    #2056359 - 10/30/03 04:56 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> Some one said that I could clone the live shroom with less chance of getting contams.

This is very much possible, yes.

Check http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23462 and http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23544 in general.

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Anno]
    #2056529 - 10/30/03 07:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

have u tried agar
inoculate with the spores and then cut small pieces of uncontaminated mycelium.

and like anno said cloning could work as well. Im sure the cloning would be much easier but if it doesnt work agar would be you next step.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Seraph]
    #2056726 - 10/30/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am VERY new at this trying to grow shrooms. All I have ever done is the PF tek. I have never used agar, dont know what it is.

I have been making the print and syringe at home due to a cash flow deficit. Every time I think I will have enuf cash to order a syringe something comes up and takes my cash!

So Im stuck trying to gro with these wild cubes.

--------------------

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

#2056772 - 10/30/03 10:12 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Offlinestudent
Stranger

Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: thisone]
    #2056797 - 10/30/03 10:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am too lazy right now to find a link, but check out Joshua's grow log for his USVI. It is very instructive.

good luck

OfflineWerecat
Werecat

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: student]
    #2056809 - 10/30/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

In my experience cloning works better than going from a wild spore print as far as limiting contamination. I have had good luck though with spore prints taken carefully then streaked onto agar. With a bit of luck any contam's are limited and you can later isolate some clean mycellium and drop it into a clean dish.

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Werecat]
    #2057013 - 10/30/03 12:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

FSRE :wink: 

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Fungi_x]
    #2057303 - 10/30/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The only way that I can get spores is to take prints from wild cubes. I started my first grow with wild spore prints before I even found the shroomery. Sure, I had some contam issues, but I overcame them. I just don't see how it could be that difficult to take a relatively clean spore print from a wild cube. The spores that I started with came from mushrooms that were picked and then thrown in a bag with other mushrooms(not the smartest idea, but...).
My point is that maybe(I know that I have no idea how clean you are) you should re-think your preparation and sterilization techniques. If I can do this then anyone can. I'm the laziest mofo there is.

Anyway, Good Luck on your future attempts.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: growing wild shrooms???? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2059729 - 10/31/03 02:20 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Im going to try "LiL KuSsH's Syringe Making Tek" this time and see how it works.

--------------------

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Loc: Dungeon
    #2059947 - 10/31/03 05:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Still no luck with that?
I don't know if it's too cold there or not, but try making the print outside.
I also don't know that making a syringe is necessary. Although many may disagree using re-hydration as their reason, BUT, you can innoculate directly from the print. Sterility plays a bigger issue, maybe, but oh well. As for hydration, if it's a relatively fresh print, no worries, but according to some Teks in The Shroomery, you can scrape directly off the print, and your substrate will re-hydarate them.

Oh, and like Ekstaza said, I am also a lazy motherfucker. Take a shower, alcohol wash the hands, spray some lysol(no name actually), turn on the oven. I use an alcohol lamp for the syringe. This is as far as I've ever went with sterility. Personally, I think the whole doctor suit, and Decontamination chamber is for large scale hobbies. And also to instill paranoia into you, so that you don't forget, or at least attempt to be clean. Thinking of this, I also handle my colonizing jars frequently, with dirty hands, while smoking, blah, blh, blah, never a contam. If you are still having probs with them, I would suggest Spring Cleaning your pad! As I am a clean freak, I guess maybe that's why I've had good luck with my lax Teks.

Peace

--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder