Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20400091 -

:takingnotes:


--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20400187 -

blindingleaf said:
i like that glove idea!  i used to use those yellow dish washing gloves in my SAB, but i got scared that all those "grip crevices" were not getting hit by the iso alcohol.  so i switched to smooth gloves and tyvek sleeves. tyvek not the easiest to hit with iso alcohol either, so those gloves will be the best of both worlds!

what is R44?



its a cubensis strain.

these are disposable so your using two new gloves each time you do clean work.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (08/10/14 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: eatyualive]
    #20404860 -

Ok here are the first set of APE jars that were P2Ged on 8-6-14. This is a day after a shake on day 3.

Day 4



Here is the 2nd round of APE done on 8-8-14. This is day 3 before a shake. This one is almost done already.

Day 3(2nd batch)


Texas Yellow Cap Salvage

This is the texas yellow cap that i did in the SAB that I am trying to salvage from the mean greenie.

So far it looks good after  a day but i still won't count my blessings just yet.



Also the grain method being used is

Fooman's Grain Tek


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (08/23/14 10:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: eatyualive]
    #20439249 -

people have been repeatedly asking about this.

no im not using any filters in the pf jars.

The pf jars were prepared with lids like this.




its pf substrate, 1/4 inch of verm barrier, this lid and foil over that. i tend to get moisture loss when i take the foil off the lids using the ilds with holes.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: eatyualive]
    #20439354 -

:guiltyascharged:


--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #20444821 -

so, holmes hepa units now have true hepa filters that can be inserted.  the true hepas are available for shmuvboxes.

Holmes HAPF300D-U2 TRUE HEPA Replacement Filter, 2 Pack


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: eatyualive]
    #20448382 -

I've been using those upgraded filters basically since I started using the Schmuv, lol.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #20449759 -

36fuckin5 said:
I've been using those upgraded filters basically since I started using the Schmuv, lol.



36fuckin5 said:
I've been using those upgraded filters basically since I started using the Schmuv, lol.



whats even cooler is that im not and im using the old ones. and i still have 100% success!


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox [Re: eatyualive]
    #20451117 -

Alright I'm in, gonna order/pick up some stuff in the a.m.


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
EZ Shmuvbox Setup 123 [Re: eatyualive]
    #20455637 -

This is part of my EZ Series


Setting Up A Shmuvbox



First take a shower. Then you can clean your work area and bring in all utensils and supplies prior to starting all of this. I turned off the air condition 30 minutes prior, I wiped down the table with bleach wipes, rubbing alcohol and sprayed lysol everywhere. The lysol was sprayed in the air, on the table ect.

1. Take your hepa unit out of the box.

2. Open up the housing that holds the filter. The first time you insert the filter. This example is a 5 year old filter.



3. Get a paper towel and douse it with rubbing alcohol. Completely douse it. The more the merrier. I use 90% isopropyl.



4. Begin to wipe all parts inside this area where the filter sits.



5. Hose down the inside with lysol. You only need to hit the areas that are exposed inside the filter area and the parts on the hepa unit that will be exposed inside the glove box. You will see in a later step.



6. Make sure to also wipe all plastic parts on the housing for the filter itself. The black plastic part you see in the picture. Lysol the plastic as well.



7. Set the filter back in the housing and place the black filter material that comes with it back over the filter as shown.




8. Do the same thing for the filter door. Rub it drenched with alcohol. Then liberally spray it with lysol all over the inside and the outside. Also be sure not to set any parts that will be exposed down on the table or don't let them come in contact with anything. I am only doing this in the pictures so that i could take the picture. I then re-wiped and sprayed after the picture. You could also use bleach wipes or a bleach solution for the alcohol part if it makes you more comfortable.



9. Spray the outside of the face where the intake will be with lysol.



10. Now do the same thing(bleach or alcohol and lysol) for all parts of the shmuvbox that will inside your clean work area aka the 55 gallon lawn bag.





11. I tend to steer away from using bleach inside the working part area.

12. Now pull out your 55 gallon Opaque Lawn bag.  As you can see the pressure cooker is cool from a grain cook the night before. The pressure cooker hasn't been opened yet.



13. Open your bag up.



14. I take my jars out of the pressure cooker.



15. I shake the jar to distribute moisture all over.



16. Now I loosen the lid and place it in the bag. I also place all utensils that have been precleaned in the bag. In this example I am simply doing a grain to grain transfer.



17. Now you are going to set your hepa unit on the bag. The areas that go inside the bag have already been wiped with alc and sprayed with lysol. It is probably still wet at this point.



18. You want to cover the plastic bag enough on the top to completely cover the out take on the unit.



19. You then fold down the sides of the bag and tuck them under the hepa unit. Remember, you also cleaned this part on the bottom of the hepa. It hasn't touch anything other than the inside of this brand new bag.



20. Use some clear box tape to tape the sides down to the table. Also make sure the tape hits the edge of the hepa to keep the bag on. You want to make the take long enough to cover the entire side of the hepa unit so that it sticks. Sometimes when you blow the bag up it will slip off if you have not secured it good enough.



21. Clean your scissors so that you can cut 3 holes. Two for hands and the third for an eye hole. This will only be needed if your bags are not 100% clear.



22. Turn the ionizer on and turn your hepa unit on the lowest setting.



23. You will see the bag begin to blow up. You will need to use your scissors once it expands to its limits, then cut the 3 holes.



24. The bag will remain in place and stay blown up if you did this correctly. It will remain this way until you turn off the hepa unit.

25. You can see inside the shmuvbox now it is almost ready to use.



26. I then spray lysol in the eye hole. I wait about 5 minutes for the air to flow a little. Then clean work is ready to begin.You can use OB gloves for horses for arm length gloves or just clean your hands with alc and warm soapy water. I took a shower prior to doing all of this.



This is a picture of the glove out last time i used the glovebox.




--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (09/07/14 02:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: eatyualive]
    #20456146 -

Nice!


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: cronicr]
    #20458900 -

You should set your bag up before you put stuff in it. The way I do it is to unfold the bag without opening it, then I fold the sides, tape up the opening so that it's the size of the unit (I wish I had some pics...) I then carefully separatre just enough of the 2 layers to slip it over my (wet with alcohol) filter unit.

Then turn it on low and wait for it to expand. When it's got enough pressure, cut your arm/eye holes and load it up through the eye hole. I just do slits for my arm holes unless I need to flame things, then I make the right hole a bit bigger. My viewing hole is as big as whatever the biggest thing I need to get in the bag is.

This way all my stuff never touches open air after it's been wiped, and the inside of the bag never touches anything but your work and filtered air.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #20458968 -

36fuckin5 said:
You should set your bag up before you put stuff in it. The way I do it is to unfold the bag without opening it, then I fold the sides, tape up the opening so that it's the size of the unit (I wish I had some pics...) I then carefully separatre just enough of the 2 layers to slip it over my (wet with alcohol) filter unit.

Then turn it on low and wait for it to expand. When it's got enough pressure, cut your arm/eye holes and load it up through the eye hole. I just do slits for my arm holes unless I need to flame things, then I make the right hole a bit bigger. My viewing hole is as big as whatever the biggest thing I need to get in the bag is.

This way all my stuff never touches open air after it's been wiped, and the inside of the bag never touches anything but your work and filtered air.




thats how I do mine as well.  my air quality is horrendous here so if I had the 1 moment of exposure it would kill all my work.  :smirk:


--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #20460931 -

36fuckin5 said:
You should set your bag up before you put stuff in it. The way I do it is to unfold the bag without opening it, then I fold the sides, tape up the opening so that it's the size of the unit (I wish I had some pics...) I then carefully separatre just enough of the 2 layers to slip it over my (wet with alcohol) filter unit.

Then turn it on low and wait for it to expand. When it's got enough pressure, cut your arm/eye holes and load it up through the eye hole. I just do slits for my arm holes unless I need to flame things, then I make the right hole a bit bigger. My viewing hole is as big as whatever the biggest thing I need to get in the bag is.

This way all my stuff never touches open air after it's been wiped, and the inside of the bag never touches anything but your work and filtered air.



do a write up.

that would be cool. post it here.

this is good advice. i agree with what your saying about setting it up with the air then wiping everything down and putting it in through the air eye or arm hole. i have done it this way when it comes to cloning and even p2g at times.  but i do it the way i posted above and don't have any issues. i also don't have any pets or anything like that. and i have no idea if my air quality is good or not.

are you taking your quart jars directly from the pressure cooker?

or if you can't ill do it this way next time and take more pictures. also, i think its beneficial because sometimes when i set the jars in the bag like that. they trap the bag from blowing up all the way. the pre inflation then allows you to have a full work area. so i think this is a better method. thanks for the suggestion. ill update this thread on the next p2g so i can get pictures of the pre inflation if you are not able to.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (08/22/14 06:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: eatyualive]
    #20461012 -

I'm done with growing for a minute. My living situation isn't conducive to it right now, even for edibles. I could do a writeup, but without pics it'd be as confusing as what I just typed out, lol.

I don't take my jars directly from the PC though. I do way too many for that and I don't wanna have to fuck with it every day, keep track of what got inoculated first, etc. I generally do a whole day of PCing, let the jars chill on a shelf then the next day or so knock them up.

My air quality is pretty awful. Not so bad for smog or anything, but there's all kinds of spores and pollen and those types of things floating around.

I live right beside a river and everything here is teeming with life. You can eat just about everything that grows here though. I even collected about 5 lbs of Porcinis from my neighbor's yard in about 5 minutes last week.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: eatyualive]
    #20461025 -

When using an SAB, it's recommended we turn of the AC and fans, and use the least drafty room in the house and basically get the air as still as possible.

How important is all that when using the shmuv?


--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #20461037 -

I've worked in mine in front of an AC blowing full blast a few times and been fine. It's probably better to go ahead and turn it off though. I usually do, but when it's 110 F out with 80% RH I'm not turning my AC off for 2 hours to do sterile work.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #20461052 -

36fuckin5 said:
I'm done with growing for a minute. My living situation isn't conducive to it right now, even for edibles. I could do a writeup, but without pics it'd be as confusing as what I just typed out, lol.

I don't take my jars directly from the PC though. I do way too many for that and I don't wanna have to fuck with it every day, keep track of what got inoculated first, etc. I generally do a whole day of PCing, let the jars chill on a shelf then the next day or so knock them up.

My air quality is pretty awful. Not so bad for smog or anything, but there's all kinds of spores and pollen and those types of things floating around.

I live right beside a river and everything here is teeming with life. You can eat just about everything that grows here though. I even collected about 5 lbs of Porcinis from my neighbor's yard in about 5 minutes last week.



nice. sounds like a hearty dinner. i love shrooms for dinner.

what you typed was not confusing at all. ill take pictures and do this next time and update the tek. then you can help me add anything i missed in the write up.

by a whole day of pcing do you mean your doing multiple sessions?


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (08/22/14 06:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #20461068 -

SpitballJedi said:
When using an SAB, it's recommended we turn of the AC and fans, and use the least drafty room in the house and basically get the air as still as possible.

How important is all that when using the shmuv?



VERY IMPORTANT! i do this exact thing. i think i mentioned to turn off the ac 30 minutes or more prior to cleaning your clean area. what i do is turn the ac off. take a shower. usually thats about 30 minutes until im clean, dried to begin to even start cleaning my work area and the shmuv for use.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (08/22/14 06:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shmuvbox: 9er Tek Cloning and G2g transfers [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #20461073 -

If i were to give the shmuv a shot, you think i would be okay if my ac turned on while working?  Its central air and the vent is on the opposite side of the room and not blowing directly at my table.

Oh, and do you use a new bag every time? Maybe I should just read the tek again, huh?


--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Honey Water Cloning VIA 9er tek? Moe? Anno? KingCobWeb 1,630 6 02/03/03 10:40 AM
by deanofmean
* G2G transfers
( 1 2 all )
kjb1891 34,544 20 12/19/18 11:45 AM
by Nichrome
* G2G Transfer? lvleph 4,658 9 11/20/02 12:28 PM
by scifi5001
* G2G transfers? lvleph 4,418 15 11/03/13 06:15 AM
by SpitballJedi
* Comments on 9er tek after my last grow... biglo 2,172 2 04/29/08 03:28 PM
by TheMushMan420
* 9er tek Anonymous 5,166 18 04/17/17 11:45 AM
by mushboy
* 9er tek? volcomYAE23 1,526 4 11/26/02 05:05 PM
by volcomYAE23
* 9er Tek chemkid 1,720 2 06/30/02 10:45 AM
by chemkid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
58,620 topic views. 15 members, 64 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.