Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Found baby Datura's!!! Self planted and suspected Ontario native species!!
    #20372724 - 08/04/14 11:40 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

So I have some raised beds outside that are mostly unplanted and I woke up theother day to see some oddly familiar looking little plants, I swore these little girls were Datura!

I quickly bend over to smell the foliage thinking my eyes were decieving me, you see I am an avid Datura grower, I have a large seed collection boasting nearly every species in the Datura genus. I also am a dedicated Tropane plant grower with many many other species in the family in my collection. The reason I smelled the foliage is that any tropane containing plant has an unmistakable scent to me, maybe its not just me actually, but anyway every tropane plant Ive ever smelled has the same lovely scent and I often use this to confirm its relation to the family.

To my surprise, but at the same time not, these were indeed Datura! I have been hunting for a native datura for near 2 years now ever since my fancy with the family began, and I have been unsuccesful. How amazing is it that these little angels wandered over to me?! If memory serves me correct D. stramonium is the native Ontario Datura and that would be wonderful because I didnt plant any stramoniums this year and a bag of native stramonium seeds would be a lovely addition to my extensive Datura seed collection.

Fuck I love this family of plants, they have such a stunning flower, such a strong forceful and intoxicating aura, I am so happy these little plants are right out my front door! :heart:

:heart::heart:Cant wait to see these little angels flower :heart::heart:

Gotta fucking love Solanaceae!!

:heart::heart: :heart::heart:

--------------------
Plants Love To Think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Found baby Datura's!!! Self planted and suspected Ontario native species!! [Re: Zombi3]
    #20372761 - 08/04/14 11:47 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'm with you on the solanaceae, my favorite plants to have around as well.

They've got such a powerful presence, I hold them in the highest respect.
And even talk to them, and explain what i'm doing if I need to prune or
chopping the seed pods. Don't want any misunderstandings between us. :hatsoff:

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Found baby Datura's!!! Self planted and suspected Ontario native species!! [Re: 1234go]
    #20372781 - 08/04/14 11:55 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

LOL I talk to my Datura, Brugmansia, and my Iochroma! I swear they literally respond sometimes. At any rate they are excellent listeners and I always walk away with a smile and feeling relaxed or more at peace after hanging out with them for a little while. I have a Green LED Headlamp that I use at night to go outside and sit with my Datura/Brugmansia/Iochroma. Smoke a little herb, put that light on, go outside and meditate surrounded by these plants and I swear you can hear whispers...

--------------------
Plants Love To Think

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Found baby Datura's!!! Self planted and suspected Ontario native species!! [Re: Zombi3]
    #20372888 - 08/04/14 12:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Have you considered that they might not be as indigenous as you think?  I mean, you claim to grow all kinds of datura and plants in the solanaceae family, have loads of seeds, and then the plants appear in your raised beds?  Just seems like you may have planted them and forgotten.  :shrug2:  Either way, that's awesome.  I love datura plants; some of my favorite flowers ever.

I just moved into my house late last fall, so I have no idea what grows here naturally.  Under this one tree, I thought I had some seedling daturas.  They looked like the datura metel I used to grow.  Turns out they were tomatillos.  :lol:  Same family, even a similar smell, but when they put out flower buds it was obvious what was going on.  My girl likes tomatillos anyhow.  Pics of tomatillo seedlings and datura metel for comparison:

BTW, OP, I'm not saying you got tomatillos growing, just sharing an anecdote about when I thought I had daturas growing on my new property.  I do have a sizable and verifiable Atropa belladonna growing.  <SNIP>

Mod edit:

No trades in the EG, use the marketplace

Edited by Mostly_Harmless (08/04/14 12:50 PM)

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Found baby Datura's!!! Self planted and suspected Ontario native species!! [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #20372949 - 08/04/14 12:47 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

OH neat I dont have an Atropa yet! And yes I considered it may be some of my seed from somewhere but that particular raised bed has been used as basically a soil mixing bed all year in which I make soil mixes for pots so the soil in there has been completely changed in and out a few times since the beginning of the season, its only been about a week since those plants sprouted and I havent had my Datura seeds out of the house since May, also the only species I planted this year was D. metel and these do not look like a metel to me.

Ugghh Im trying to upload pics of the bunch but its taking forever. So far this year I have 4 Datura metel, 1 Brugmansia sueveolens 'snowbank', 1 Iochroma 'purple', and 1 Solanum dulcamara.

--------------------
Plants Love To Think

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#20372993 - 08/04/14 01:06 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Good shit man.  :thumbup:

Sorry Mostly_Harmless, I was unaware.  Will read the rules more carefully.

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Found baby Datura's!!! Self planted and suspected Ontario native species!! [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #20373636 - 08/04/14 04:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I planted my atropas too late this year and they've stalled out as little sproutlings.
Same happened with my black henbane, they'll be my top priority next year for sure.

Burke, if you can - get some pictures of that belladonna for us. :datass:

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Found baby Datura's!!! Self planted and suspected Ontario native species!! [Re: 1234go]
    #20373941 - 08/04/14 05:24 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Thought i'd add a picture of the wild Datura Wrightii that's been growing
in my yard for who knos how long.

After my grandparents died I moved into their house, this plant has been here
for as long as I can remember. It's probably older than I am (29). The root system that
survives the winter anyways.

Day & Night :

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20374062 - 08/04/14 05:53 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Dude thats gorgeous!:thumbup:

--------------------
Plants Love To Think

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

#20374269 - 08/04/14 06:35 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Sure is, it's actually about 10 plants that have a little stronghold there.

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #20374543 - 08/04/14 07:33 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Nice Dature patch 1234go.

Datura's are among my favourite plants as well. Those in the OP are likely D. stramonium. :highasfuck:

--------------------

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Found baby Datura's!!! Self planted and suspected Ontario native species!! [Re: karode13]
    #20375819 - 08/04/14 11:43 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

karode13 said:
Nice Dature patch 1234go.

Datura's are among my favourite plants as well. Those in the OP are likely D. stramonium. :highasfuck:

Thanks, tis a magical little area. :smile:

I'll second the stramonium, the toothed leaves support this.

I remember reading somewhere about Solanaceae being the (or one of the most)
highly evolved genus of flowering plants. Not sure if it holds any truth.
Sure seems to be true in my eyes. They grow so elegantly.

I'll catch myself just gazing in awe at my daturas, and stroking
the velvety stems and leaves. They're so damn sexy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder