Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Favourite Dark Star?
    #2021186 -

I think this belongs in here :smile:

My personal favourites are the one from Live/Dead and all of them from 69-71 at the great Fillmore shows. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #2021236 -

yes, their fillmore shows were gold. i personally love the darkstar jam they did at the joliet , il 03 show. they had such an awesome 15 minute drum solo.


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: Infrared]
    #2021553 -

My favourite dark star is the one in NGC-6946 in the cepheus constellation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: Lazerouth]
    #2022380 -

I don't think I can pick a favorite....each of the really great Dark Stars are such an adventure into pure exploration in musical limitations or the lack of limitations. I just look at each as an individual song, a one time experience!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: Lazerouth]
    #2022543 -

Lazerouth said:
My favourite dark star is the one in NGC-6946 in the cepheus constellation. 



:thumbup: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: Jackal]
    #2022655 -

Great site: go to deadlists.com then click "Help and Resources" and "Dark Star Document". It lists all the Dark Stars with a top 5, top 40 and lenghts on all of them, as well as some other cool pieces of info.


--------------------
huh????

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: Pala]
    #2023229 -

darkstar to china cat to the eleven 3-16-68
its on the so many roads collection


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: notapillow]
    #2024498 -

I don't think I really have favorite Dark Star either but two that come to my mind as definite stand outs are the 30 minute + from Dicks Picks 11, Stanely Theatre shows and the all time classic one frome Live Dead.. I hear them differently every time I play them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: Adom]
    #2024773 -

side note:
plunderphonics version:
"grayfolded" - double CD compu-melded all darkly starring, multilayered sugueing, back-n-forthingly strangely vibrating databits...


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: Adom]
    #2026407 -

I love the way the Live/Dead Darkstar just creeps in on you. Gives me the chills everytime. :heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #2026503 -

i have dark star as my ring on my cell phone


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: notapillow]
    #2027963 -

COOL :grin: 


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #2028370 -

So many fabulous Dark Stars it would be impossible to pick the very best. They were each a masterpiece.
But if I was to pick one 10/31/71 has a jam in it that is pure heavenly bliss. :heart: 


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favourite Dark Star? [Re: chinacat72]
    #2028808 -

The Sunday before last I tripped acid solo and listened to the Dark Star from 12/6/73 before going on a long walk and listening to a lot more early Dead and Piper at the Gates of Dawn. That Dark Star is 43 min long and BEAUTIFUL. Very mind-blowing.



--------------------
huh????

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dark star crashes pouring its light into ashes C20H25N3O 2,148 9 03/17/05 07:19 PM
by Smallworlds
* First Dark Star Ochestra Concert! LthirdSeyeD 2,090 14 11/08/04 08:29 PM
by daimyo
* Im sorry, I have to argue Grateful Dead - Dark Star! adamj 1,206 5 11/24/04 10:12 PM
by GRTUD
* favorite dark stars underground 1,488 13 01/16/04 11:37 PM
by Pala
* dark star gdman 888 4 01/14/04 07:34 PM
by Ripple
* Dark Star Orchestra
( 1 2 all )
OctopusDr 5,620 39 05/21/03 10:40 AM
by Adom
* Anyone seen Dark Star Orchestra? What did you think?
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 3,069 38 08/04/04 09:21 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* anyone seen a Dark Star Orchestra show? Madtowntripper 1,109 15 09/11/03 12:43 AM
by philnweird

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,198 topic views. 2 members, 42 guests and 87 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.