Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Schwarzenegger Asked To Explain Ken Lay Meeting
    #2009654 - 10/14/03 10:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

What harm can he do?

Link

Washington - FTCR, which was the state's most vocal critic of Governor Gray Davis' handling of the energy crisis, said that if the governor-elect did not recount the meeting by the time of his inauguration, the group would ask state lawmakers to open an investigation to uncover the substance of the meeting, including any information that might further the state's efforts to return billions of dollars that taxpayers and consumers overpaid for electricity during the energy crisis.

"A meeting with the biggest corporate crook in recent memory, while he and his firm were in the midst of ripping off the state, should not be taken lightly," FTCR wrote. "As Governor, you must explain to Californians what you were doing at that meeting, what information Ken Lay shared with you and how the meeting has influenced your thinking on energy issues."

In addition to calling on Schwarzenegger to come clean about the meeting with Lay, the group highlighted key aspects of the governor-elect's energy program that reflect an Enron perspective on energy policy. In the letter, FTCR asked Schwarzenegger to rewrite his energy policy and remove his push for further energy deregulation.

The policy proposals, available online at www.joinarnold.com, call for the expansion of California's failed experiment with electricity deregulation, including a dramatic ceding of power from state regulation to federal control.

Schwarzenegger also proposes to dismantle the California Power Authority, which FTCR identifies as the "state's last line of defense against a real or manufactured energy shortage."

"Your proposal to revisit the deregulation experiment that exploded into California's single worst financial and public policy disaster directly contradicts the public interest in ending deregulation once and for all. Californians cannot afford another deregulation nightmare," FTCR wrote.

President George W. Bush and Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger will meet this week in California.

Meanwhile, the White House has confirmed that President George W. Bush and Schwarzenegger will meet Thursday during the president's visit to California.

During a White House briefing Tuesday morning, spokesman Scott McClellan said the president is looking forward to the meeting in Riverside. He said the two men will discuss shared priorities.

Bush talked briefly with Schwarzenegger on the phone last week and congratulated him on his victory in California's recall election.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Schwarzenegger Asked To Explain Ken Lay Meeting [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2009828 - 10/14/03 11:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

This is the behavior I have been warning the cannabis activists in cali about.He speaks about medical cannabis positivly now but when the neocon federal government finishes the take over of the worlds fifth largest economy,he will goose step right into ashcrofts line.
Also gray davis and bustamonte both had multi-billion dollar suits against Enron which are now moot thanx to a convienient regime change.
I wish more discussion of the BIG picture were taking place rather than letting these minor peices preocupy us.the plan for the "American Century" is in play Floridas debacle and califonia's take over are just small hometown pieces of a larger global push.

Can we say "FOURTH REICH"?
WR:rasta:
WR:rasta:

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2009860 - 10/14/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'd like to see the terminator juggle.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Anonymous

#2010155 - 10/15/03 01:05 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The real reason Davis was recalled had a lot more to do with his opposition to deregulation of the power companies, and his lawsuit against Enron, that with California's budget problems. Every state in the country has a fucked up budget.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Schwarzenegger Asked To Explain Ken Lay Meeting [Re: ]
    #2010165 - 10/15/03 01:10 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That answer made me want to hug you. :heartpump:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion