Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: California Governor. [Re: superpimp]
    #1797960 - 08/10/03 12:15 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Superpimp, you know as much as me that most Shroomerites are tolerant. However, you lied, made a fool of yourself and did not even try and explain your point of view.

We all know you lied, don't act as if you had no clue. A few excuses would have been enough to save you from your miserable position, but I guess that would've been too much of a blow to your ego.

Lying on an internet message board is pretty pathetic, IMO.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: California Governor. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1798297 - 08/10/03 02:56 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I would vote for Arianna Huffington if I were in California. But I'm not, so I won't.

I'd like to be at the Venice Beach polling booths on recall day to see the bodybuilders lining up to vote for Arnold, though.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: California Governor. [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1799295 - 08/10/03 08:09 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I'd vote for Huffington in a second. Possibly the single most intelligent person in American politics today.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: California Governor. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1805534 - 08/12/03 01:34 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I agree with your desire for an instant run-off style election. No-one, be it Republican, or Democrat, or Silly Goons Party, should be in any office with less than 50% of the votes cast.

Hey lds, it looks like the Green Party comes to the Shroomery to get their good ideas:

GREEN PARTY OF THE UNITED STATES
http://www.gp.org

For Immediate Release
Tuesday, August 12, 2003

THE CALIFORNIA RECALL RACE DEMONSTRATES THE NEED FOR INSTANT RUNOFF VOTING

The big issue in California is democracy, not the Terminator, say Greens.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The California recall election proves how urgently Instant Runoff Voting (IRV) is needed for democratic elections, say members of the Green Party of the United States. Green candidate Peter Camejo has entered the race for governor of California, and has made IRV a major campaign theme.

"With at least 195 candidates, there's little chance the next governor of California will be elected by a democratic majority," said Joannes Pool, 2002 Green candidate for the Johnson County, Iowa Board of Supervisors.

"It's possible the winner will receive a plurality that's under 10%. The California Constitution allows a majority of voters to remove a sitting governor. Shouldn't California require a majority to elect a new one? IRV is the only way the democratic will of the people can be expressed in an election like this one."

IRV allows voters to rank their choices, ensuring that the winner has the support of the majority in races in which more than two candidates compete, and freeing voters to support their preferred candidate without fear of helping a candidate they might oppose. In the wake of the 2000 election, after which some Democrats have tried to discredit the Green Party with accusations of "spoiling," Greens have urged Democrats and others who care about fair elections to enact IRV.

"The California recall race is an unassailable argument for IRV," said Tom Bolema, Juniper Hills, California, County Council member. "IRV, not Arnold Schwarzenegger, is what everyone should be talking about. Will Democrats and Republicans learn this lesson?"

For more information on IRV, Proportional Representation, and other democratic voting reforms, visit the web site of the Center for Voting and Democracy at http://www.fairvote.org.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: California Governor. [Re: Cornholio]
    #1805558 - 08/12/03 01:39 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I can only hope. The last few Presidential elections where our pres got in with less than 50% left a bad taste. And I'm not just talking about Clinton.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: California Governor. [Re: shakta]
    #1866738 - 08/30/03 08:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

you too old shakta? you can join reserves until you are 32.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion