Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
mycobags
    #2005807 - 10/13/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i was just wondering if any of you have experience with the pre-sterilized, pre-whatever bag method of growing that they offer at sites such as mycobags.com (i think thats correct) if so, what are your opinions on them, and if you know where i can find info about them off the top of your head i'd appreciate that too. i think i'd want to stick with traditional cultivation techniques, but this method sounds easy and simple for clumsy/messy people like me.

thanks

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Loc: Dungeon
Re: mycobags [Re: abhi]
    #2005883 - 10/13/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

mushmush.nl ???? I think that's it. There are hundreds, and hundreds of sites, though.

--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: mycobags *DELETED* [Re: abhi]
    #2005907 - 10/13/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by S_2

Reason for deletion: This post was made by someone who isn't me.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mycobags [Re: Adden]
    #2006004 - 10/13/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...&PHPSESSID=

There^^^ is a link from a mycobag grow log. On this thread, look at Anno's post and you'll find a link to another mycobag grow log.

Grow bags sometimes take a few weeks to show signs of growth but once they do, they should fully colonize in 2-4 weeks.

My friend, Don Quixote is a big fan of mycobags.

Mycobag.com has the best prices. If you are a newbie, check out the grain bag.

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
    #2006120 - 10/13/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

www.mycobag.com

always had good results from them.

Mycobags seem to take longer to colonize and fruit then the jar method but they are ideal for dorm rooms and places where you have to keep them hidden. The substrate used in these bags is superior also, i get extra potent mushrooms off these. I like to colonize this substrate and then case with it. I get some huge ass equadors.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: mycobags [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #2006155 - 10/13/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Mycobags are great for display if you don't need to keep 'em hidden.

Don Quixote keeps his bags in the light so he can watch 'em grow. He's seen no adverse effects.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: mycobags [Re: Rose]
    #2006187 - 10/13/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the advice.  another question (i dont mean to ask a lot from you guys).  you said the grain bag is good for newbies like me so i ask, what strain's of spores work best in the grain environment,  by work best im looking for anything containing psilocybin with high yield and possibility of many flushes.  potency wont matter too much right now because me and my friend (we might both get a kit and grow at the same time) just need to get our hands on some active shrooms quick because weve had little to no luck hunting.  thanks for all your suggestions, i really appreaciate it. 

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2006260 - 10/13/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Noob's favor the Equador and B+ strains of psylocybes (They are very forgiving strains and they tend to incubate and fruit at room temperature if need be... incubating and fruiting at the proper temperature WILL speed things up) but I've seen some great things done with Creepers and Puerto Ricans in bags as well.

The problem with the noob strains is this:

Everybody has them.

If you grew a slightly more exotic strain, you'd have a better chance of trading your sporeprints for new strains after your grow is finished. Of course, you may run into a bit more trouble.

Whatever you grow, make sure it is a Psylocibe Cubensis strain. Other shrooms are not as easy to grow. Cubensis strains will colonize a grain bag. Those are the shrooms most of us think of when we think of magic mushrooms.

www.ralphstersspores.com has a nice selection and great prices.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder