Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge
    #20028327 -

I just harvested some fresh mushies, 125 grams of which I plan on sharing with some friends this weekend.

I harvested the big guys at about 4pm this afternoon. Harvested the rest this evening at about 11.

Because I plan on eating these in less than three days, i decided to store them fresh in the fridge. When I harvested the remainder this evening I found that the larger fruits that I had cut and placed in the fridge were feeling a little soggy in some areas. I decided that before I refrigerate the whole lot I would fan then for about an hour.

After fanning they were placed in a loose wrap of paper towel, and into an open container in the fruit drawer of my fridge.

I check about 3 hours later, just for shits and giggles, and saw that they are bluing like a sonnofabitch.

They did feel much 'crisper'. Not frozen, but not soggy feeling anymore.

My question is, did I fuck up my fruits? Is this bluing an indicator of significant potency loss? If so is there anything I can do to minimize the impact this may have?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Stick E. Note]
    #20028372 -

The blue is good, or so I've heard. Mine always bruise blue, no matter what the strain.

Maybe it's the psilocybin? :crazy2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Stick E. Note]
    #20028374 -

Evidence is inconclusive on whether or not bruising causes potency loss


--------------------
The goal of spiritual life is not altered states, but altered traits


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Jot]
    #20030627 -

Don't put them in the drawer. The point of putting them in something like paper is so that they can breathe. This is especially true if you have other things in the same drawer that give off gases/moisture.

Bluing is caused by oxidation of the "novelty" substances, so I would have to say yes, there is potency loss. Significant? No.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: avorg]
    #20030643 -

In the 3 days you're trying to preserve these fresh you could've had them already dried and sealed away.  But if possible rotting or potency loss isn't an issue to you, go right on ahead.  Just keep them inside a paper bag in the fridge, that's the best place to keep them, if you must.


--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: avorg]
    #20030644 -

Thank you avorg!

I pulled them out of the drawer last night. 24 more hours and they will be in my belly! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Stick E. Note]
    #20030651 -

Inocule - I thought the fridge was the safest bet if eating the fruits fresh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Stick E. Note]
    #20030901 -

Err... Yeah?  That's what I said right?  Paper bag in the fridge?

I've been pretty baked so you'll have to pardon my confusion.  You don't want them touching plastic or glass while they're fresh so paper bags work well to prevent wet spots and rotting.


--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Inocuole]
    #20030929 -

A paper bag in the fridge is the best way to store fresh mushrooms, just like any fresh mushrooms. Treat them like food, cause they're food.

Also, giving your friends freshies isn't really the best idea. Then you're gonna have to explain how you got them.


--------------------
Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #20030952 -

36fuckin5 said:
Also, giving your friends freshies isn't really the best idea. Then you're gonna have to explain how you got them.



I get the feeling that ship's already sailed.  Better hope you have solid friends if so.


--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Inocuole]
    #20034047 -

Its all in the presentation.

"These are actually fresh! The guy I got them from must get them straight from the grower"

I make sure to be the one who addresses the fact that they are fresh, eliminating any suspicion or curiosity before it arises.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Stick E. Note]
    #20034069 -

:thumbup:

Nice smoke-screen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: avorg]
    #20034591 -

Had the same question about fresh mushrooms...plan to store for 48 hrs or so then munch them, was searching around and found the answer right here- thanks for asking stick E- sorry to jack your thread...

but let's say I wanted to make a tea -the wifey hates the taste of shrooms and always pukes when she trips on them....another poster claims that fresh mushies can lose potency when boiled- is this true? Should I dry them before making a brew or does it even matter?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: C.Turtle]
    #20034607 -

We will soon find out. I just ate 18 grams of refrigerated fresh mushies about 20 minutes ago. Am going to drink my tea in about 10 minutes. I made it by boiling water, remove from heat, pour into a glass with 20 fresh grams, let sit for 15 minutes, and then mixed with OJ.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Stick E. Note]
    #20034682 -

Just drank the OJ tea mix. Didn't strain anything, just swallowed it all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: Stick E. Note]
    #20034737 -

How many grams fresh total?


--------------------
The goal of spiritual life is not altered states, but altered traits


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: C.Turtle]
    #20035073 -

C.Turtle-

You could dry before making a tea, which could make everything more easily absorbed by the water. But you won't be disappointed using fresh either.

The catch-22 is that drying causes them to lose potency to some degree, as does making a tea. I would skip the drying part and just use them fresh to make tea, but chop/blend them if you can. You won't be disappointed.

My personal favorite is to cook them, though. They can actually take good and don't cause so much nausea, which I am pretty susceptible to.

Have a great weekend.
:shroomin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fresh Mushrooms Bluing in the Fridge [Re: avorg]
    #20038534 -

Would definitely try cooked mushrooms- thought about just a light sauté in butter with onions & garlic over say penne pasta- I mean how could that taste bad?
While brewing my tea last night it occurred to me that one could remove the staple from the bag & empty out half or all the tea- pour in several g of powder-dry mushies & restaple the bag. This might work for on the go or vacation plans- I cannot be the only one who ever thought of this- anyone try it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Fresh Mushroom Question Anonymous 2,502 7 12/07/99 12:00 AM
by Anonymous
* Short-term Fresh Mushroom Storage... greenlight 3,944 4 04/28/02 10:06 AM
by WakingUpLate
* How much more potent are fresh mushrooms? Fd3000 2,458 4 07/22/02 04:13 PM
by staindblue
* Preserving fresh mushrooms in the fridge? Fd3000 988 2 08/22/02 05:39 PM
by RevCo
* Fresh Mushrooms? ShroominSpradl 1,544 6 12/20/01 12:59 PM
by kingkc
* Re: Storing fresh mushrooms sean123 2,397 4 02/05/00 03:19 PM
by sonichell
* Storage of Fresh Mushrooms archibald 742 4 04/21/02 12:35 PM
by phrozendata
* fresh mushroom dosage XAZIA 15,291 9 08/30/01 05:29 PM
by 777D777

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,687 topic views. 9 members, 23 guests and 106 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.