Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: wally_world]
    #17825094 -

Thank you, surely it would be more effective if I 2500 bags to inoculate with a syringe than with grain spawn in front of a flow hood.
It will save me a lot of time and of course it is safer from contamination.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: snakebite]
    #17825255 -

Grain spawn would give you more inoculation points and therefore faster colonization.  Just something to keep in mind.


--------------------
My trade thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #17827130 -

to make Liquid Mycelium:
1. you need:
- clear laboratory
- Lalimar with HEPA filter air, UV lamp
- shaker machine
- alcohol lamp
- bottles with air membrane (I use: 3 layers of filter paper)
or flasks with cotton button
- medium: Potato Dextrose as PDA without Aga
- ...

2. practice:
- make LC medium
- poured into flasks, stopper the cotton button
- autoclave: 121°C, 20 minutes
- wait it's cold (as room temperature)
- take a piece aga with mycelium put in flack, stopper button
- shaker: 120-150 rpm/min, 25-27°C, 5-7 days

Autoclave:
you can check below, It's cheaper. but It's still very expensive to me. I'm looking for secondhand  autoclave (now, I have 18 liter for labor - and barrels for other)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002808ZM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new


--------------------
Wish list:
1. Paria cocos  ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: Duimoc]
    #17828310 -

I will take a pic of my LC lids tomorrow. It's basically some rubber stoppers I bought from sciplus.com. However, don't know if they're still available. Just drill a hole into a plastic jar lid then high temp silicone it into the hole. Do the same with either a syringe filter OR a patch of synthetic filter disc. If you have problems getting such materials there I would be willing to help, however, they can be pricey for a person on your salary. <-- I probably have some old ones that I would ship to you for the price of shipping only. Think it over :smile:.

And if you don't have a magnetic stirrer setup, a glass shard stuck into the liquid medium before autoclaving works wonders :smile:.

Also, a simple and effective LC medium is simply light corn syrup in water- 1 TBSP per 100 mL. No need to strain through coffee filters with this recipe and it will suit your purposes fine.

And you can get around needing a flow hood with the slurry method but of course it is always better to have one. Do you in fact have one? Sorry if I missed it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #17828326 -

johnny.fairplay said:
Grain spawn would give you more inoculation points and therefore faster colonization.  Just something to keep in mind.



This is true. I do prefer grain spawn for the inoculation of bags due to colonization speeds. I may be mistaken though, but I believe LC has more inoculation points, it's just that the inoculation points from grain spawn are much more developed? Either way it's merely technicalities...

But, I can see how it would be beneficial for a commercial operation to trade off the effort of making all that grain spawn for slower colonization times from the LC.

If you do choose to go the LC route, I would recommend mixing some of your preferred grain into your bulk substrate before autoclaving :smile:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
magnetic stirrer: home made [Re: wally_world]
    #17828356 -

you can see and do it by your self:


--------------------
Wish list:
1. Paria cocos  ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
New Pictures [Re: Duimoc]
    #17856879 -

Hello my Friends! Did You Miss me?      :grin::tongue::wink::grin:

24.02.2013





I have already made ​​preparations to try inoculated substrate with liquid mycelium made ​​from grain spawn.I sterilize 4 bags with substrate and tomorrow will be inoculated.
I take into consideration all the tips and suggestions that you my friends gave me, and thank you for that.      :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New Pictures [Re: snakebite]
    #17857209 -

Mr. thanks for share
That's a nice pics


--------------------
Wish list:
1. Paria cocos  ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
to inoculated easy way [Re: Duimoc]
    #17867706 -

The four bags who i sterilized, inoculated with:
First bag i inoculated with grain spawn.
Second and third with liquid mycelium made ​​from grain spawn.
Fourth with liquid mycelium made ​​from Grain spawn with 3% hydrogen peroxide.

any ideas "to inoculated easy way?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: wally_world]
    #17875026 -

wally_world said:
.... However, the dark colored seems to be metabolic excretion of the Reishi itself in response to the lighter color (contamination) it is surrounding...





I push my mind to understand you but, can you explain to me this part extensively please? "..metabolic excretion of the Reishi itself in response to the lighter color (contamination) it is surrounding."

(sorry, it's my bad english i understand the words but not the meaning.)
thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #17875056 -

johnny.fairplay said:
Grain spawn would give you more inoculation points and therefore faster colonization.  Just something to keep in mind.



I agree with you, but how much I could lose days of colonization 10-15? if is more than that it is not feasible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: snakebite]
    #17875278 -

There is no one who can tell you exactly how long it is going to take.  It will vary according to genetics and environmental factors, as well as the fact that everyone doing the same thing does it slightly differently.

Only way to time things out is to do a trial run and keep good notes.


--------------------
My trade thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #17878240 -

johnny.fairplay said:
...
Only way to time things out is to do a trial run and keep good notes.



I agree with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: snakebite]
    #20001336 -

So how is the production now?

I see in your webpage that you produce conks now.

can you please tell us how the liquid inoculation worked???

that was very interesting and a pleasure to look at your pictures
please continue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: After harvest problems.. [Re: FtoukaiMpainw]
    #20002677 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ganoderma lucidum (reishi) on wood chips
( 1 2 3 all )
Una 18,752 40 08/09/12 04:25 PM
by cordybooha
* ganoderma lucidum r05c03 1,755 6 04/17/03 06:08 AM
by r05c03
* Cultivating Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) on Douglas Fir 5HT 5,109 9 06/22/05 01:38 AM
by Semilanceata
* A new B-cell stimulator from Ganoderma Lucidum kykeon 1,806 2 12/10/02 08:00 AM
by kykeon
* Ganoderma Lucidum crazytalken 2,366 9 07/28/05 06:07 PM
by crazytalken
* Ganoderma lucidum aka The Reishi project GSAfarmer 4,763 15 11/06/02 12:48 PM
by GSAfarmer
* Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi)-GGMM question Semilanceata 3,068 8 10/03/05 02:10 PM
by boxman83
* Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi Mushroom) preparation rtek 3,810 12 08/28/06 08:29 PM
by Hotnuts

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
11,315 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.