Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Free state
    #1975115 - 10/03/03 06:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent news....

Libertarian Group Chooses New Hampshire for Mass Migration to Establish 'free State'
By Kate McCann Associated Press Writer
Published: Oct 1, 2003

Today's Mortgage Rates
Online Mortgage Calculators
Free Online Pre-approval
Apply Online

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - A group of libertarians announced a project Wednesday to get 20,000 Americans to move to New Hampshire and work to transform it into a "free state" with fewer laws, smaller government and greater liberty.
New Hampshire, whose motto is "Live Free or Die," beat out nine other finalists for the Free State Project. Wyoming was runner-up in balloting conducted by about 5,000 members of the project around the country, vice president Elizabeth McKinstry said.

The 5,000 members have already pledged to move to the selected state, Free State Project organizers said. They hope to increase their numbers to 20,000 within two years and start transforming the state into a national model of liberty.

Some free-staters want to roll back restrictions on gambling, legalize medicinal marijuana and strengthen gun rights. But McKinstry said members also will work for charities and scholarship programs and help citizens get more involved in government.

"We won. That's fantastic," New Hampshire Libertarian Party chairman John Babiarz said of New Hampshire's selection. "It's like New Hampshire has won a nationwide popularity contest based on its fundamentals."

McKinstry of Ann Arbor, Mich., said New Hampshire won because it "boasts the lowest state and local tax burden in the continental U.S., the leanest state government in the country, a citizen legislature, a healthy job market, and perhaps most important, local support for our movement."

Project members also like the New Hampshire Constitution, which is seen as protecting the right to revolution. It reads: "Whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government."

The prospective new neighbors worry some New Hampshire residents.

"I like to be left alone by the government. But I need my trash picked up. I need police protection," said Dennis Pizzimenti, a lawyer in Concord.

Kathy Sullivan, state Democratic Party chairwoman, said project members "can best be described as anarchists."

Babiarz, a database consultant, said critics have it wrong: "We're not here to invade or take over. We're here to restore the American dream."

Doug Hillman, 39, said he is looking forward to leaving Graham, Ala., and moving his wife and four children somewhere near Littleton or Lancaster.

Hillman was most impressed with Republican Gov. Craig Benson's attitude toward the project - "Come on up, we'd love to have you," he said last summer.

"That led me to believe that libertarian thought and libertarianism is more accepted in New Hampshire," Hillman said.

Following second-place Wyoming in the voting, in order, were Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Maine, Vermont, Delaware, South Dakota and North Dakota.

---

On the Net:

http://www.freestateproject.com

Excellent

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Free state [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1975465 - 10/03/03 10:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i'm seriously considering moving there.

Quote:

Kathy Sullivan, state Democratic Party chairwoman, said project members "can best be described as anarchists."

haha. a statist's response.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Free state [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1975559 - 10/03/03 10:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

are you libertarian, luvdem?

(or in NH?)

(or possibly your state didn't win and this
is why it's excellent news :smirk:)

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Anonymous

Re: Free state [Re: afoaf]
    #1975582 - 10/03/03 10:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

if i may answer for him... yes, he is. i think you'll find that without exception, every single right-leaning person who posts here is.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Free state [Re: ]
    #1976432 - 10/03/03 03:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i think you'll find that without exception, every single right-leaning person who posts here is.

Or claims to be.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Free state [Re: silversoul7]
    #1976462 - 10/03/03 03:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

is there any surf in NH?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Free state [Re: afoaf]
    #1976798 - 10/03/03 05:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
are you libertarian, luvdem?

(or in NH?)

(or possibly your state didn't win and this
is why it's excellent news :smirk:

Yes I'm a libertarian.
Yes I live in NH.

There is a mere 14 miles of coastline and as I don't surf I couldn't answer your question.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds

General Interest >> Political Discussion