Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineQuik_N_Kool
Stranger
Agar...Rye...Straw...Grain...
    #1971012 - 10/01/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hello,
I am planning to begin a project this evening and require a bit of assistance from this consortium. I have aquired 3 Mycobags each containing different substrates. In case you have no knowledge of what a mycobag is it is an autoclav bag with a filter patch, self healing injector site, and is filled with a substrate. The 3 substrates that are in my bags are rye grain, straw/verm mix, and a grain/verm mix. All have come presterilized and each bag is filled with a pound of substrate mix. I also have obtained one spore syringe with a Malabar strain of Ps. Cub. In addition I have also aquired an agar kit containing a jar full of already sterile agar, 20 plates, and an small alcohol lamp.

I cannot aquire any more syringes and would like to innoculate not only the plates but the 3 myco bags as well. Can someone sugguest the best possible way to go about doing this given my particular situation... I was thinking perhaps innoculating the plates first then making a mycellial solution to inject into the bags...About how much spore syringe would be needed to innoculate 1lb of bagged substrate??? 1cc? How would I go about re-heating the agar and pouring it into the plates in a sterile manner? This agar is gel-ed in a mason jar and has been certified free of contams.

I would appriciate any input and will be updating this post throughout the night as I have decided to use the materials immediatly. Any links to faqs are appriciated but a personal responce with say steps to go from here to completion are even more appriciated.
Thanks

Also here is a link to the agar kit I have
http://www.sporeworks.com/basicagarkit.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHigh_On_Magic
Re: Agar...Rye...Straw...Grain... [Re: Quik_N_Kool]
    #1971017 - 10/01/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

umm put half cc on each tray, then use the rest id assume 33 cc's for each bag

OfflineQuik_N_Kool
Stranger
Re: Agar...Rye...Straw...Grain... [Re: High_On_Magic]
    #1971038 - 10/01/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thanks what about as far as the agar how would I go about reliquifing the agar and pouring it into the plates?

OfflineQuik_N_Kool
Stranger
    #1971082 - 10/01/03 10:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Also anyone have experience with the Malabar?

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1971878 - 10/02/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hello  :smile:

thanks for the nice detailed post, and for the link to a cheap agar starter kit. i can't help you with that bit.

if i were you, i'd put 1 tsp corn syrup in a jar with 100ml water and a couple pieces of glass / a nail / whatever.. and a hole in the lid, shake it up well to dissolve it, pc 20 mins, cool well, then squirt in 1ml from the spore syringe. a week later you'll have 100ml of liquid mycelium, enough to shoot up 30 or more mycobags.

i'd leave the straw/verm bag for another (non-cubensis) project.

hope this didn't confuse too much. cubensis grows best for beginners on verm/flour or on grains. going straight to straw is tricky. if you want to see some malabar fruiting shots, look in the completed growlogs - i did a malabar grow 6 months or so ago.

--------------------
buh

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Agar...Rye...Straw...Grain... [Re: shirley knott]
    #1971886 - 10/02/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

what about as far as the agar how would I go about reliquifing the agar and pouring it into the plates?

Read this: http://www.mushmush.nl/methods/methodes_nr.php?nr=9

[edit] Sorry, the above link doesn't work...go to http://www.mushmush.nl choose Methods from the menu, then Working with Agar.

Edited by koraks (10/02/03 03:45 AM)

OfflineQuik_N_Kool
Stranger
Re: Agar...Rye...Straw...Grain... [Re: shirley knott]
    #1971898 - 10/02/03 04:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thank you not confusing at all...I might not have access to a pressure cooker... would the contam ratio be to high to even bother if I were to say boil the full jar? Also after injecting the spores into the jar what would be a good place to keep the innoculated solution for a week? The fridge? Someplace warm?

As far as a little backround I have grown twice before with jars and fruited the cakes. I was planning on adding a compost case to the straw/verm bag as well as the plain rye once they were colonized

Does a 5lbs:2lbs ratio compost:colonized substrate sound feasable when casing?

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1971916 - 10/02/03 04:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Now would be a good time for you to learn more about peroxide.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate