Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
clever title

Never sleeping to "trip"
    #1969560 - 10/01/03 03:18 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

I debated in my mind back and forth which forum to post this in, havent settled on any, but this will do for now, if you admins think its in the wrong place plz teleport it to the right place, dont really matter to me.

on to the topic...

This is actualy a very interesting thing to try out, as some of you may not think, dunno. Sleep deprivation is one of the few times I can EVER project a thought into a vivid picture that I can visualy see while being awake. Yes you can actualy do that, and yes it is VERY cool. Aside from the pain and suffering you need to go through to stay awake, caffeine pills are essential, unless your masochistic :tongue:.

I remember someone posted somewhere on the shroomery a long while back, kinda funny, the poster was asking if there was any sort of machine that can project thoughts into pictures, obviously we are not that advanced to develop that kind of machine, I sort of slap myself in the face for not thinkin to post somethin like this in that thread THEN, wherever it is, but I feel this topic should have its dedicated thread, hopefully some of you are interested in it, because I will certainly report my trip reports here (in time) for you guys to comment on if your interested ofcourse.

I can probably get more scientific info from google searchin yes, so Im basicly here asking for personel experiences, has any of you done it for the pure purpose of hallucinating and/or thought projection?, I havent done it for that specific purpose, but I know of its capabilities because of 2 long very uncomfortable days of no sleep from insomnia.

My short experience.. while lying on my pillow, I closed my eyes and thought of a box, what do'ya know, a box appeared, it had 3 dimensions and it was slightly colored, just white, and it had indentations on all sides like a frame for a picture for each flat side, it wasnt just a cube. Though when that happened I was fascinated by it because I could clearly SEE what I just thought of as an image, my own personel mind/thought projector basicly. I tried other few things like thinking of specific shapes and moving them, lines came into mind because they were simple and most likely easy to try, and I wanted to see what I could do with them, suprisingly enough I was able to controle their direction and size with some decent mental concentration , to a degree ofcourse just 4 lines maybe, but its all I tried to work with other than the box, its not like I can watch movies with my eyelids closed :smirk:, nontheless, this was a rudimentary experiment that I mistakenly fell apon that could be optimized with even more sleep deprivation :tongue:. I couldnt do much more experimentation because I was so god damn tired. I just wanted to end the suffering and fall asleep hehe. But considering how much I suffer from shrooms on the comedowns, it shouldnt be that huge of a leap with the mental pain factor and/or constant suffering :grin:.

So have any of you done this?.. general comments?. 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Never sleeping to "trip" [Re: bandaid]
    #1969754 - 10/01/03 05:00 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

I am actually a big fan of sleep deprivation, I am on the shroomery to much. :smirk:

I usually will start to see visuals and get distorted pictures around the 24 hour mark... if I get stoned you can increase even more... :smile:

I don't do it for fun but I do enjoy it a little when its happening...

I will usually do it after a long binge.. I can't get back into the groove of things so I end up staying up... I don't take caffiene pills either... just me, my pipe, and the shroomery. :smirk:

Re: Never sleeping to "trip" [Re: ]
    #1969873 - 10/01/03 05:43 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

never tried it but it seems like it could be quite interesting.

-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

clever title

Re: Never sleeping to "trip" [Re: ]
    #1969949 - 10/01/03 06:17 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

cool, nice to know weed might help, well I can probably tell'ya the planned setup, after a lil google searchin just to make sure I wont get any seizures or who knows what risks are involved

setup will probably be 2-3 days no sleep for the first time, then when I cant take no more, big nice long toke (honey oil for mua :smile:, make it myself), hopefully like you say, it'll help increase the visuals, and ofcourse the needed "anesthetic" for the long painfull journey..

I should have mentioned, in general when your sleep deprived you can percieve things not necessarily distorted or off que but different and unique, I guess ppl dont really notice it, music can sound alot better, its as if your mind is too tired to pay attention to whats going on externaly so you only pay attention to the most audible or visual thing which envelops you in that environment, I was listenin to some music with a flute playing once while sleep deprived, it sounded increadibly harmonic and it actualy relieved my mental pain of feeling tired while it whistled, I got access to shrooms any time, but this is a different experience, I hope ppl get interested aslong as the risks arent seriouse

User Gallery

Loc: Langley, B.C
Re: Never sleeping to "trip" [Re: bandaid]
    #1970064 - 10/01/03 07:02 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Fellow shroomerites.... We should conduct an experiment. Anyone who wants to can participate. A group of people could(over the net) have a sleep deprivation ralley... Not the sort of ralley in which to win something, but the sort where we would gain knowledge. If we all tried this together i'm sure we could get some insight. Well anyone is free to elaborate on this idea. Just an idea. :eyemouth:   

"Much madness is divinest sense"
Dickinson, Emily

Ganja Ninja

Re: Never sleeping to "trip" [Re: Grovesk8ter]
    #1971304 - 10/02/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Im down

Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

Loc: Inside Your Pencil
Re: Never sleeping to "trip" [Re: stero8]
    #1974085 - 10/02/03 10:05 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Never tried this on purpose, but, recently I did have a fun experience.

Woke up friday at 7, went out all day, came home, stayed up all night. At about 8 in the morning (25 hour mark) I went for a jog. Found myself only able to jog about half the distance before I got tired and had to walk. On the way back I was stopped at a light waiting to cross, and here things got interesting.

All of a sudden, reality just rippled. My vision, sound, everything it seemed just rippled out from me like a droplet in water. This freaked me out, and as I looked around, everything (cars especially) looked very fluid like. They appeared as if they were made of clay or something squishy, not hard metal.

Before I had time to freak out or enjoy it, I began to cross and it disappeared as soon as it had come on. Didn't return anytime and I went to bed shortly afterwards.

I would defieantly like to try this experiment this weekend, maybe with the help of intoxicants. If I do I'll be sure to write a report, it's a very enjoyable thing.

Re: Never sleeping to "trip" [Re: flubbilynumpkins]
    #1974239 - 10/02/03 10:54 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

that sounds cool...some weekend i will try this.

-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports