Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Time to move up
    #18923 - 05/30/00 08:39 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

JJ used shroom wizard's casing tek the first time. It has been good so far he says.

------------------
Has everyone gone totally bitch-cakes around here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #18925 - 05/30/00 09:23 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Try casing with Plain, Serilised, vermiculite. I recently did this with a Cambodian Cubensis cake, and the yields are simply amazing compared to cakes. Also vermiculite is extremely unlikey to get contaminated (So much so that some people do not sterilise it and have no problems)

I sliced my colonised cake into 5 slices.

I Placed a 1 inch thick layer of damp vermiculite in the bottom of a bowl, and placed 4 of the cake slices onto the verm.

I then crumbled the remainilg slice, to fill in the gaps between the cake slices, and create a kind of level surface.

I placed this (Uncovered) in my terrium for a couple of days to allow the mycelium to completely colonise the remaining substrate (Most Teks recommend keeping the casing in the dark for this, but I found it not nescesary).

I then covered the substrate with a 1/2 inch layer of damp vermiculite and left in the terrium.

After a week or so, I deep scratched the verm.

After a couple more days, I turned off the terrium heater, and a few days later shroomies were forming all over the place...

Good luck

Phyl

------------------
I seek to criminalise what is already criminalised, which is criminal activity

Anne Widdecombe (Shadow Home Secretary), 2/5/2000

---

Live in the UK ?
Come join EntheogenUK
An email list for the discussion of all aspects of Drugs and Drug culture in Britain.

Anonymous

#18926 - 05/30/00 09:41 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Ask and you shall receive.Thanks alot for the info. I think I will try the plain vermiculite tek first since I already have 2 bags of the stuff. I will post in couple of weeks and let you know how it went. Thanks again

peace

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #18927 - 05/30/00 08:22 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

make sure you have adequate air exchange and lowered humidity for your casings. Casings which recieve adequate air exchange hardly if ever contam. Air exchange is the most overlooked cause of contam.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#18928 - 05/30/00 09:33 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

My friend had great sucess with the SOS Tek. He had some massive first flushes.

Anonymous

#18929 - 05/31/00 04:42 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks again for the info.I can't wait till I get a masive flush of those tasty little funguys, SHROOMARAMA { :tongue:

OfflinePappaKaps
enthusiast
    #18930 - 05/31/00 05:09 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Jimmy James, where did you find the wizard tek? I couldn't find it in a search.

Anonymous

#18931 - 05/31/00 05:22 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=36

If that doesn't work papa. It's in the grow/find section. Under growing because it isn't just a casing tek.

Life is so rad,

-Jimmy James

Anonymous

#18932 - 05/31/00 05:29 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

life IS rad!

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #18933 - 05/31/00 05:36 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Gas exchange IMO is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing for inducing pinning in casings...get a fishtank airpump...put the hose in the terrarium under a layer of WET perlite..then your humidity problem is solved as well as fresh air..which BTW is filtered. You have to buy the hose seperate but at walmart it comes to less than 10 bux total.--Its WELL worth it too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale