Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Vow of Celibacy
    #18884829 -

If one has no sexual desire then such a vow has no meaning nor does it carry any weight. It would be like me eschewing something for which I have no appetite such as whiskey. Big deal.

If one does have sexual desire, what is the point of going against your very nature? It seems ridiculous.

*OC dials up an outcall Escort Service*


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18886873 -

In my opinion it comes from the socially abject who were typically made shamans in the annals of history, they couldn't get any and didn't want anyone else to so they started pretending they were better than everyone else through their social failures. "god likes sober/celibate people more than everyone else, because they "dedicate" themselves to him"

These socially abject people who were given some form of power used their position to masticate everyone else in anyway possible (much like stereotypical corrupt police).

That's just my opinion, and normally I don't put much weight behind my own speculation but my observations of human nature lead me to lean pretty heavily on this hypothesis. One example are some autistic people I know, three in particular each of whom behave exactly according to this idea - they are socially completely inept and bend their perception of life to put themselves on top and everyone else below to cope with it. Their weaknesses become strengths in their autistic minds, and the strength of others weaknesses, never mind any concrete evidence to their inadequacies.

Edited by Repertoire89 (09/24/13 11:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18886954 -

Although that's possible, it's also possible to recognise the degree to which something as powerful as sexual pleasure can enslave you to your own detriment.


--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: viktor]
    #18887177 -

I have taken an unspoken vow of celibacy...
I wonder the hell my sexual desire went :shakefist:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: viktor]
    #18887304 -

viktor said:
Although that's possible, it's also possible to recognise the degree to which something as powerful as sexual pleasure can enslave you to your own detriment.



Does one extreme justify the other? If someone cannot discipline themselves in regards to sex, going to the unnatural extreme and denying themselves the act altogether is: healthy or unhealthy?

"Enslaved" by sex? I hope that is referring to the likes of Ted Bundy and not average sexual desire, in the latter case there is no reason to believe it in excess. Our natural sexual drive is necessary for the survival of the species, while an abstract and fabricated concept of moral-discipline in regard to sex isn't.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18887476 -

The species will survive just fine with advances in science and technology.  Someday sex may be obsolete in that regards.
No extreme is justified imo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: cez]
    #18887558 -

cez said:
The species will survive just fine with advances in science and technology.  Someday sex may be obsolete in that regards.
No extreme is justified imo.



Celibacy has been around for a long time, and science / technology don't change our physiology to the point of making sex unimportant to the mental health of an individual. The survival of the species is likely what's behind the sexual drive, but its the mental health of the individual in question

I wouldn't say anyone has to justify their sexual practices unless they cross lines of consent, which has certainly happened with various religious models of sex being forced on the public to the point of capital punishment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18887803 -

Repertoire89 said:
viktor said:
Although that's possible, it's also possible to recognise the degree to which something as powerful as sexual pleasure can enslave you to your own detriment.



Does one extreme justify the other? If someone cannot discipline themselves in regards to sex, going to the unnatural extreme and denying themselves the act altogether is: healthy or unhealthy?

"Enslaved" by sex? I hope that is referring to the likes of Ted Bundy and not average sexual desire, in the latter case there is no reason to believe it in excess. Our natural sexual drive is necessary for the survival of the species, while an abstract and fabricated concept of moral-discipline in regard to sex isn't.



The other extreme is probably unhealthy, as extremes tend to be.

I consider it similar to fasting for a while. Sometimes it's nice to cultivate maximum appreciation of something that feels so good.

I'm not convinced that morality has anything to do with it, that sounds like more of a Christian thing. I don't think there's anything immoral about consenting sex between adults, but that doesn't change that there's power in you controlling your cock rather than the other way around.


--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18887955 -

Repertoire89 said:
In my opinion it comes from the socially abject who were typically made shamans in the annals of history, they couldn't get any and didn't want anyone else to so they started pretending they were better than everyone else through their social failures. "god likes sober/celibate people more than everyone else, because they "dedicate" themselves to him"

These socially abject people who were given some form of power used their position to masticate everyone else in anyway possible (much like stereotypical corrupt police).

That's just my opinion, and normally I don't put much weight behind my own speculation but my observations of human nature lead me to lean pretty heavily on this hypothesis. One example are some autistic people I know, three in particular each of whom behave exactly according to this idea - they are socially completely inept and bend their perception of life to put themselves on top and everyone else below to cope with it. Their weaknesses become strengths in their autistic minds, and the strength of others weaknesses, never mind any concrete evidence to their inadequacies.



I have often thought the same and it's likely imo that you are correct at lest to some degree.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: Icelander]
    #18888057 -

The sour grapes phenomenon is everywhere. I knew a guy at uni who was an avowed celibate up until the moment this girl hit on him, then he was straight in.


--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: viktor]
    #18888182 -

I didn't have actual sexual intercourse till I was 22 due to medical reasons, I could have sorted my physical issue out when I was 15/16 and had a few girls wanting to have sex with me during the years before 22. Sure was horny from time to time but my sexual desire has never been ordinary IMO.

I never understood the whole thing about staring or even looking at girls asses, but it got me eventually, the indoctrination. Now I am trying to get out of it.


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18888243 -

"Once your in you can't get out"  -old drinking chant


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: Icelander]
    #18888816 -

Especially if her vag has backward facing teeth. :whoa:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #18888915 -

I'd heard you  dated strange women.  :feelingfeisty:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: viktor]
    #18889558 -

viktor said:
I'm not convinced that morality has anything to do with it, that sounds like more of a Christian thing. I don't think there's anything immoral about consenting sex between adults,

but that doesn't change that there's power in you controlling your cock rather than the other way around.



You don't think sexual morality applies to hindus, buddhists, muslims and jews? I think they would all disagree

I don't think that very many people are 'controlled by their cock', it seems to me most men are controlled by their emotions. Getting married, having kids, never thinking twice about it until they're wrapped up in it. Sex is a big part of if but I think the emotional need for a partner is bigger. A sex drive without emotions wouldn't produce relationships

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: Repertoire89] * 1
    #18889571 -

While I think you have a point I'm not in total agreement.  Men often get into relationships because the women won't put out without one.  If you took sex out of the equation completely I think male/female relationships would be rather rare.  I do think men are basically controlled by their cock.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vow of Celibacy [Re: Icelander]
    #18889603 -

I look at it as a mix of the two, but with most of it being emotional.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mastering The Sexual Drive
( 1 2 all )
Source 5,734 37 11/29/04 02:41 PM
by Moonshoe
* Void
( 1 2 all )
Lion 3,462 20 02/05/07 01:46 AM
by razmablues
* Polyamory and Sexual Jealousy
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Veritas 9,909 101 06/24/09 03:42 PM
by C.M. Mann
* Catholic priest vow of celibacy
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 2,117 22 02/03/10 01:52 PM
by Poid
* Is this sexual abuse?
( 1 2 all )
Icelander 5,005 34 05/23/05 10:53 AM
by Vvellum
* Discipline
( 1 2 all )
Huehuecoyotl 3,372 25 03/20/07 05:35 AM
by dream_alchemy
* Sexual Attraction to Animals....
( 1 2 3 4 all )
PhanTomCat 8,048 72 06/03/07 05:58 PM
by figurine
* Discipline Frog 1,394 15 01/30/04 07:35 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,752 topic views. 2 members, 54 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.