Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

My Brother says I'm an Idiot
    #1856099 - 08/27/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: My Brother says I'm an Idiot [Re: ]
    #1856129 - 08/27/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1856205 - 08/27/03 07:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Look at it this way man.
Your brother cares about you and so do I.
I'll admit you worry me a little with your psychonautical activities.  :wink:
We want the best for you. Basically we love you bro and want you to be here with us.  :heart:

I know your judgement is good but always realize Dr. Shuglin is a professional at what he does. Dont try to live up to his doses.
Never lose the fear.

Shine on friend.  :sun:

Anonymous #1

#1856217 - 08/27/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

although he hurt you badly... he probably was trying to help you. if he thinks you truly need guidance then maybe he is trying to tell you something by ramming it down your throat. its not the nicest way to help pursuade someone, but maybe its the only way he knows. even though he is wrong about the things he said... that doesn't mean there wasn't good intentions behind his anger.

you only get 1 brother in life... and don't throw that relationship away because of one argument. brothers stick together through thick and thin... and i'm sure if you talked to him another time when you are cooled off, and explained your situation, he would understand.

good luck buddy

Anonymous #1

#1856224 - 08/27/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

dont worry about it.

your brother might not realize that drugs arent bad for you. well, if youre educated and responsible. but i think that goes for anything.

Anonymous #1

Re: My Brother says I'm an Idiot [Re: Effed]
    #1856315 - 08/27/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

Anonymous #1

#1856395 - 08/27/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
    #1857014 - 08/27/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

dlag,

What I have to say is my honest opinion and you may not like it. Effed said your brother cares for you and I think you would agree that this is his reasons for doing what he did. Now for the interesting part, he handled the situation like an alcoholic, ya dig? Of course he's not going to come to you like a normal human being. If that's how he deals with his emotions then its no surprise to me that he's an alcoholic.

What you said about drugs though isnt true. "None of the other drugs I do are addictive." I dont really agree with that. Many pharms are addictive that don't claim to be. Its THE PERSON, not the drug. If you have an addictive personality then you are more likely to become addicted to anything (food, tv, sex, sports, reading, studying pschyadelics (that's us dlag- i think im sorta addicted). Its crazy really to think that our defects of character can help us (studying), not only hurt us (drugs).

Also, maybe he's irrate because he doesnt know what to do, man. Has he tried talking to you about these sort of things before? I mean, I could see his frustration if he's repeatedly tried to get you off drugs or whatever the hell he expects you to do. Im not taking his defense but im simply saying, if he sees you doing all the same things you did before, then he probably expects you're still doing the things you did before (i.e. drugs all the time, whatever..)

The idiot piece of shit stuff hurts the most but that's alcoholism bro. My parents were raging alcholics and fought all of the time. Called each other the worst shit imaginable all in front of my little kid self. It wasnt true. Deep down we knew the connection and with drugs aside, after they got clean- things are much better for them even though they hardly EVER talk. God puts the best people in my life, i truly believe that. When I met you, I honestly felt your strong spirit and when I talk to you, I can tell you're full of life that needs direction and hope. Its all there dlag, right in front of you for the taking. Fact is, you need to focus on what's important RIGHT NOW, TODAY, HEAR ME? READING THIS? GOT YOUR ATTENTION? good. School is where you need to be. A job is where you need to be. Write down your goals man. Figure this shit out, ok? Its life, it sucks and its HARD. You need as many people in your corner that you can.

This is the most important- you need to stop dwelling on your family right now as bad as that sounds. It seems to me that you have experienced much pain through your family as I have. The best way to get people on your side is to set the example, flat out. They'll come around when they see you doing the right things. You CANNOT keep doing what you're doing and expect different results dlag.

The worst part about ALL this is that its early in the school year for you. You need to focus, focus, focus on that shit. I know you have duties that need to be attended to but seriosuly- its a HUGE distraction for school. This post is immense.

to be continuted...

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Re: My Brother says I'm an Idiot [Re: Twista]
    #1857053 - 08/27/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

continued...

Go to class, no matter how bad it sucks. Figure the family stuff out later. Really though...school work isnt going to be as fun as running through the woods with the gps. I understand that :wink:

All drug users should remember how they used to prioritize before they started using. That's a hell of a skill.

Anonymous #1

#1857098 - 08/27/03 10:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

Anonymous #1

#1857119 - 08/27/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

Anonymous #1

#1857134 - 08/27/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1857341 - 08/27/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

A very similar situation to my own, dlag  :smirk:

My younger brother (by 2 years) always calls me an idiot, or something similar, if my choice to use drugs is brought up. He is "straight-edge"...I'm a druggie :smirk:

My brother is the kind of person who thinks that all drugs are far too dangerous to justify use.

I always used to talk about how I wanted to try acid, and he would say things like "dude, you're fucking stupid! you want to get flashbacks or something?".

In his mind, he's just showing concern. We may have the grace of good knowledge about drugs...but our brothers do not. I feel much less angry when I realize that my brother says things because he cares about me and doesn't want to see me hurt. Sure he's wrong, but that shouldn't make me angry.

Get what I'm sayin, eh?  :wink: 

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous #1

Re: My Brother says I'm an Idiot [Re: trendal]
    #1858203 - 08/28/03 06:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

#1858343 - 08/28/03 08:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

my bro is older and he basically doesnt talk to me much. Im too 'busy' for him. Fact is, he's not into the things I am and we only have a few interests in common.

I feel bad for not being the brother he'd like me to be. I didnt grow up with him (he's my 1/2 brother same dad, different mothers), he grew up with his mother far, far away from where I lived and I grew up with mine. He always wanted to have a brother and now that we live sorta close, i dont really do much with him.

I party all the time and hang out with my friends for the most part and I know one day that will change.

School tho, you just have to GO. At least, attendance is big for me b/c I learn a lot inside the classroom so I dont have to try as hard outside of it. That was my stragedy and it worked out well when applied. hehe

Anonymous #1

#1858356 - 08/28/03 08:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

#1858363 - 08/28/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

forget about the shit your brother is telling you about drugs, its just going to cause you problems and send you into defense mode b/c you really DO know more than him.

However, drugs take their toll weather you're taking safe doeses or not. You're body chemistry is changing. Not only that, what number of 'safe doses' have you taken vs. the number of 'abusive doses'. Doesnt matter b/c each time you kill a can of beer or bottle of aftershock, your liver is suffering. You're a lightweight, litterally. You're going to get more fucked up than the next guy and your body will pay more than the next guy. follow?

Also, I highly doubt those professors you mentioned ingested drugs like we do, day in and day out. If they did, they probably died young.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1858417 - 08/28/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hunter S. Tompson is what we "daily" druggies have to look forward to  :smirk:

If you'd like to end up like him, keep it going!

Personally, I think I'll slow down eventually. Reality begins to creep back in at the edges  :wink:

twista's got it right man!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous #1

#1858450 - 08/28/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

n/a

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

#1858451 - 08/28/03 09:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

rightio!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order