Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
what is your favorite bushism?
    #1843369 - 08/23/03 02:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm

I like these:

Quote:

"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia ? I never interviewed her." ?George W. Bush, responding to a magazine article claiming he suffered from dyslexia, Orange, Calif., Sept. 15, 2000

"Our priorities is our faith." ?George W. Bush, Greensboro, N.C., Oct. 10, 2000

"They misunderestimated me." ?George W. Bush, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"It's your money. You paid for it." ?George W. Bush, LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption." ?George W. Bush, Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

"Our country puts $1 billion a year up to help feed the hungry. And we're by far the most generous nation in the world when it comes to that, and I'm proud to report that. This isn't a contest of who's the most generous. I'm just telling you as an aside. We're generous. We shouldn't be bragging about it. But we are. We're very generous." ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 16, 2003

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question." ?George W. Bush, in response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

"You've also got to measure in order to begin to effect change that's just more ? when there's more than talk, there's just actual?a
paradigm shift." ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., July 1, 2003

"Now, there are some who would like to rewrite history?revisionist historians is what I like to call them." ?George W. Bush, Elizabeth, N.J., June 16, 2003

"Laura and I are proud to call John and Michelle Engler our friends. I know you're proud to call him governor. What a good man the Englers are." ?George W. Bush, Nov. 2000

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." ?George W. Bush, Nov. 2, 2000

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."  ?George W. Bush, Dec. 20, 2000

"In other words, I don't think people ought to be compelled to make the decision which they think is best for their family." ?George W. Bush, on smallpox vaccinations, Washington, D.C., Dec. 11, 2002

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law." ?George W. Bush, Austin, Texas, Nov. 22, 2000

"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will." ?George W. Bush, speaking about Saddam Hussein, Manchester, N.H., Oct. 5, 2002

ill stop there.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewingnutx
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: 1stimer]
    #1843534 - 08/23/03 03:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I like 'strategery'. I think that's a made-up on from SNL, though.

'Misunderestimate' is pretty good.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: wingnutx]
    #1843568 - 08/23/03 04:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1843705 - 08/23/03 05:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I know you said to post our favorite 'one' 
..But there are way too many! =/

I'm not even positive on how legit these are..

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." -George W. Bush, July 27, 2001

"I do know I'm ready for the job [the presidency]. And if not, that's just the way it goes."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."
St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

:rolleyes:

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #1843734 - 08/23/03 05:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Some more..

"I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."
-In Los Angeles as quoted by the Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2000

"I think we agree, the past is over."
-On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

"There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me."
-On the coming Social Security crisis; Wilton, Conn.; June 9, 2000

"They misunderestimated me."
Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective."
-In Wayne, Mich., as quoted in the New York Times, June 28, 2000

"Actually, I...this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about...when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."

"I understand small business growth. I was one."
-New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000

"I thought how proud I am to be standing up beside my dad. Never did it occur to me that he would become the gist for cartoonists."

"The important question is, How many hands have I shaked?"
-Answering a question about why he hasn't spent more time in New Hampshire, in the New York Times, Oct. 23, 1999

*sigh*

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: ekomstop]
    #1845026 - 08/24/03 09:30 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

this should be a sticky thread, just to remind the conservatives around here just what they elected.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

Offlinewingnutx
    #1845132 - 08/24/03 12:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Green Party :smile:

Anonymous

#1845314 - 08/24/03 02:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hahahaha

i really hope bill clinton and bush sr before him said dumb shit like this..

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1845700 - 08/24/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

my favorite Bushism is "quick fix me another line! ::SNIFF!::"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinewingnutx
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: ]
    #1845799 - 08/24/03 05:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

We seem to alternate good and ungood speakers for president. Carter was fair at best, Reagan was damn good, then Bush Sr was goofy, Clinton was excellent, Bush Jr is not so hot.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #1848252 - 08/25/03 02:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

"When Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried and persecuted as a war criminal."  ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 22, 2003

"I think war is a dangerous place." ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003

"We ended the rule of one of history's worst tyrants, and in so doing, we not only freed the American people, we made our own people more secure." ?George W. Bush, Crawford, Texas, May 3, 2003

"I don't bring God into my life to ? to, you know, kind of be a political person." ?George W. Bush, interview with Tom Brokaw aboard Air Force One, April 24, 2003

"You're free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it'll take time to restore chaos and order ? order out of chaos. But we will." ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 13, 2003

"Perhaps one way will be, if we use military force, in the post-Saddam Iraq the U.N. will definitely need to have a role. And that way it can begin to get its legs, legs of responsibility back." ?George W. Bush, the Azores, Portugal, March 16, 2003

"Now, we talked to Joan Hanover. She and her husband, George, were visiting with us. They are near retirement ? retiring ? in the process of retiring, meaning they're very smart, active, capable people who are retirement age and are retiring." ?George W. Bush, Alexandria, Va., Feb. 12, 2003

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1848264 - 08/25/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Some of those are pretty funny, some are just lame.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1848275 - 08/25/03 02:33 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

"I think the American people ? I hope the American ?  I don't think, let me ? I hope the American people trust me." ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

"I know something about being a government. And you've got a good one." ?George W. Bush, campaigning for Gov. Mike Huckabee, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 4, 2002

"People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you:heartpump:." ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

"See, we love ? we love freedom. That's what they didn't understand. They hate things; we love things. They act out of hatred; we don't seek revenge, we seek justice out of love:heartpump:." ?George W. Bush, Oklahoma City, Aug. 29, 2002

"I'm thrilled to be here in the bread basket of America because it gives me a chance to remind our fellow citizens that we have an advantage here in America ? we can feed ourselves." ?George W. Bush, Stockton, Calif., Aug. 23, 2002

--------------------

Edited by 1stimer (08/25/03 02:37 PM)

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1848301 - 08/25/03 02:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

"Do you have blacks, too?" ?George W. Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Nov. 8, 2001, as reported in an April 28, 2002, Estado Sao Pauloan column by Fernando Pedreira, a close friend of President Cardoso

"And so, in my State of the ? my State of the Union ? or state ? my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation ? I asked Americans to give 4,000 years ? 4,000 hours over the next ? the rest of your life ? of service to America. That's what I asked ? 4,000 hours." ?George W. Bush, Bridgeport, Conn., April 9, 2002

"The trial lawyers are very politically powerful. ? But here in Texas we took them on and got some good medical ? medical malpractice." ?George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"I firmly believe the death tax is good for people from all walks of life all throughout our society." ?George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific." ?George W. Bush, who apparently forgot about a little something called World War II, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

"He [Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi] said I want to make it very clear to you exactly what I intend to do and he talked about non-performing loans, the devaluation issue and regulatory reform and he placed equal emphasis on all three." ?George W. Bush, who had meant to say "the deflation issue" rather than "the devaluation issue," and accidentally sent the Japanese Yen tumbling, Tokyo, Feb. 18, 2002

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1848309 - 08/25/03 02:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Public speaking is definately not his forte.

Hey but at least he hasn't puked in anyones lap like his dad did.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1848316 - 08/25/03 02:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That was funny as hell when that happened. He also has not left stains on anyone's dress.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: what is your favorite bushism? [Re: shakta]
    #1849232 - 08/25/03 07:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

That was funny as hell when that happened. He also has not left stains on anyone's dress.

How do you know that? Do you actually believe he wouldnt cheat on his wife?

--------------------

OfflineDeepDish
journeyman
    #1849417 - 08/25/03 09:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

With Bush Jr. it is beyond being "not so hot". Granted his speaking failures get blown a bit out of proportion, but the man has a very weak command of language. The question is, how could a man with as much education as he has, have such a poor grasp of English. I've met highschool students that can speak ten times better than him. Even some of my geeked out science professors who have no social abilities at all, can form their thoughts into words more coherently than President Bush. Can you think of any other elected leader in the civilized world who has a worse grasp of oral communication than Bush, or even comes close? My question to all the Bush supporters on this board: how can you put so much faith into a man who seems so lacking in intelligence? (There are many other factors which point to his lack of intellegence, but to me the inablity to communicate is one of the most important)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1849490 - 08/25/03 09:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
Quote:

How do you know that? Do you actually believe he wouldnt cheat on his wife?

Not every man is an adulterer. I've never cheated on anyone, nor would I. Bush has done a lot of fucked up things to this country, but I still believe he loves his wife.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1849957 - 08/26/03 12:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

what about that rape suit that's pending in texas? did that just go away?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion