Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #18319325 -

redgreenvines said:
just bring back veritas




She won't come back until you leave. :shrug:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #18319363 -

:thumbup: that's always a plus. Though not necessarily qualifying.


--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Cactilove]
    #18319380 -

Make me moderatorr! eahuahauheauha :rasta:

Cactilove said:
S&M is great, and I would never judge people for their beliefs as long as they were not personally causing suffering to others. However, PS&P Is all about putting ideas to the test, yet people are always coming in here (formally myself) expecting people not to tear their ideas apart from the ground up. That is the whole merit of this place in my opinion. If your world view stands on solid ground then they won't be torn down easily. It is comical now days when I see a person getting offended when people corrode their idealogy. I think it's mainly the lack of understanding of what the point of this place is. I plan on curbing this ignorance. I would rather people get it earlier then have to wait as long as I did to understand why we have a forum like this.



I agree, although sometimes PS&P doesnt really do all that great a job at attacking the idea, we attack the idealogy behind the idea, the person, off-topic on 92% of all posts....

I figured it would be somewhere a long the lines of constructive criticism vs the name-calling a few of us have resorted too when I first came here, I was somewhat suprised, if not heavily entertained. (also learned to play by the rules after being banned lulz)

I've grown as a critical and logical thinker being here, really helped take some of the mystical ring out of my observations and because of this I have been able to expand my writing, thanks you guys :smile:.

But like you said it just takes some getting used to, I feel new people come on here, post their ideas like I did, and either get very discouraged and bail, or they delve deeper to refine their theories so as not to seem like the idiots you claim us to be (i mostly stayed out of boredom and I love sharing my ideas, obviously, even though they get hated on by the majority here:grin:).

Also have noticed there are two nearly opposite lines of thought here, essentially, (I can't even really define what they are but I'm sure you see what I'm talking about) one has been dominating here for awhile, establishing itself as the PS&P collective inquistion...The thought police of the shroomery. I think the status-quo is being challenged and OP doesn't like it one bit. :wink:

Forgive my hubris. :heart:


--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: redgreenvines]
    #18319389 -

redgreenvines said:
just bring back veritas



yeah, that would be great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Cactilove]
    #18319478 -

I unfortunately only visit here occasionally, due to too many secular pressures, but as long as I can remember this forum has always been full of non-sensical ramblings, mixed in with an occasional rational conversation. In my mind the main reason for PS&P's continued existence as a public forum is to give people some place to go after they first came to "The Psychedelic Experience" (and before that the "Getting Started" forum) and noticed it is very repetitive. The other obvious places to go are The Pub or the Mysticism & UFO forum or whatever it's called these days.

Anyway, anyone serious about philosophical inquiry should be prepared for plenty of abrasiveness, it's just the nature of this particular game.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: hTx]
    #18319602 -

hTx said:
I agree, although sometimes PS&P doesnt really do all that great a job at attacking the idea, we attack the idealogy behind the idea, the person, off-topic on 92% of all posts....




If someone is attacking the person then it becomes a personalism and is not allowed. What is wrong with attacking the ideology?

Quote:
I figured it would be somewhere a long the lines of constructive criticism vs the name-calling a few of us have resorted too when I first came here, I was somewhat suprised, if not heavily entertained. (also learned to play by the rules after being banned lulz)




Name calling against a poster would be a personalism and as such is not allowed. Constructive criticism only works so many times - I can see many posters getting tired over the same nonsense from countless new posters who think they have the answers to the universe.

Quote:
Also have noticed there are two nearly opposite lines of thought here, essentially, (I can't even really define what they are but I'm sure you see what I'm talking about) one has been dominating here for awhile, establishing itself as the PS&P collective inquistion..
The thought police of the shroomery. I think the status-quo is being challenged and OP doesn't like it one bit. :wink:




Thought police? Hardly. This board is for debating ideas - and as such "inquisition" of those ideas is covered.


--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Rhizoid]
    #18319647 -

Quote:
Make me moderator! eahuahauheauha



No.

Quote:
I agree, although sometimes PS&P doesnt really do all that great a job at attacking the idea, we attack the idealogy behind the idea, the person, off-topic on 92% of all posts....



Sometimes this happens, you know we are not perfect. If you see this happen point it out, problem solved.

Quote:
I've grown as a critical and logical thinker being here, really helped take some of the mystical ring out of my observations and because of this I have been able to expand my writing, thanks you guys



I really hope you have. Though, I suggest you stick around a tad bit longer.

Quote:
Also have noticed there are two nearly opposite lines of thought here, essentially, (I can't even really define what they are but I'm sure you see what I'm talking about) one has been dominating here for awhile, establishing itself as the PS&P collective inquistion...



The two you are thinking of is thinking and feeling. Logic and fantasy mindset. It would be ignorance to assume that it's all black and white. It's really quite nuanced and it would be for the better if you suspend your judgement on who follows which, to what extent, and which is more valuable over the other. No one here is a purely logical thinker void of feeling nor are there any that navigate with feeling void of any logic.

Quote:
The thought police of the shroomery. I think the status-quo is being challenged and OP doesn't like it one bit.




I don't use this expression often and when I do know that it comes from deep within my heart...

NIGGA PLEASE...

I am not here to tell you what to think, but you damn well bet that I am going to call out anything, that I either

A. Don't understand

B. I think is bullshit.


--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #18319695 -

If someone is attacking the person then it becomes a personalism and is not allowed. What is wrong with attacking the ideology?

Is it not a personalism if The Pope goes broke?


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Edited by liquidlounge (05/25/13 05:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18319709 -

Ummm, no?


--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Cactilove]
    #18319733 -

Isnt the whole idealogy about The Pope, his friends and their money?


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18319759 -

What ideology....?

It's not a personalism either way...

Unless of course you insulted the real pope personally while he was posting on PS&P.


--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Cactilove]
    #18319769 -

I heard the pope is broke.


--------------------
full blown human

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #18319781 -

Penelope_Tree said:
I heard the pope is broke.



we can fix him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #18319783 -

That's highly unlikely...


--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Cactilove]
    #18319800 -

Cactilove said:
What ideology....?

It's not a personalism either way...

Unless of course you insulted the real pope personally while he was posting on PS&P.



You're absolutely right.

Just testing you. No, i wrote out of context, stupid me. :stoned:


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: Cactilove]
    #18319873 -

Cactilove said:
Quote:
Make me moderator! eahuahauheauha



No.

Quote:
I agree, although sometimes PS&P doesnt really do all that great a job at attacking the idea, we attack the idealogy behind the idea, the person, off-topic on 92% of all posts....



Sometimes this happens, you know we are not perfect. If you see this happen point it out, problem solved.

Quote:
I've grown as a critical and logical thinker being here, really helped take some of the mystical ring out of my observations and because of this I have been able to expand my writing, thanks you guys



I really hope you have. Though, I suggest you stick around a tad bit longer.

Quote:
Also have noticed there are two nearly opposite lines of thought here, essentially, (I can't even really define what they are but I'm sure you see what I'm talking about) one has been dominating here for awhile, establishing itself as the PS&P collective inquistion...



The two you are thinking of is thinking and feeling. Logic and fantasy mindset. It would be ignorance to assume that it's all black and white. It's really quite nuanced and it would be for the better if you suspend your judgement on who follows which, to what extent, and which is more valuable over the other. No one here is a purely logical thinker void of feeling nor are there any that navigate with feeling void of any logic.

Quote:
The thought police of the shroomery. I think the status-quo is being challenged and OP doesn't like it one bit.




I don't use this expression often and when I do know that it comes from deep within my heart...

NIGGA PLEASE...

I am not here to tell you what to think, but you damn well bet that I am going to call out anything, that I either

A. Don't understand

B. I think is bullshit.



I forgot to say how I commend these two opposite lines of thinking. Together, amongst the fighting, its all meshed as one, they compliment each other as rivals, making each look deeper into wherever it is our minds are. I love the process. No objection. :grin:


--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the fuck happened to PS&P?! [Re: hTx]
    #18320344 -

hTx said:
Make me moderatorr! eahuahauheauha :rasta:

Cactilove said:
S&M is great, and I would never judge people for their beliefs as long as they were not personally causing suffering to others. However, PS&P Is all about putting ideas to the test, yet people are always coming in here (formally myself) expecting people not to tear their ideas apart from the ground up. That is the whole merit of this place in my opinion. If your world view stands on solid ground then they won't be torn down easily. It is comical now days when I see a person getting offended when people corrode their idealogy. I think it's mainly the lack of understanding of what the point of this place is. I plan on curbing this ignorance. I would rather people get it earlier then have to wait as long as I did to understand why we have a forum like this.



I agree, although sometimes PS&P doesnt really do all that great a job at attacking the idea, we attack the idealogy behind the idea, the person, off-topic on 92% of all posts....

I figured it would be somewhere a long the lines of constructive criticism vs the name-calling a few of us have resorted too when I first came here, I was somewhat suprised, if not heavily entertained. (also learned to play by the rules after being banned lulz)

I've grown as a critical and logical thinker being here, really helped take some of the mystical ring out of my observations and because of this I have been able to expand my writing, thanks you guys :smile:.

But like you said it just takes some getting used to, I feel new people come on here, post their ideas like I did, and either get very discouraged and bail, or they delve deeper to refine their theories so as not to seem like the idiots you claim us to be (i mostly stayed out of boredom and I love sharing my ideas, obviously, even though they get hated on by the majority here:grin:).

Also have noticed there are two nearly opposite lines of thought here, essentially, (I can't even really define what they are but I'm sure you see what I'm talking about) one has been dominating here for awhile, establishing itself as the PS&P collective inquistion...The thought police of the shroomery. I think the status-quo is being challenged and OP doesn't like it one bit. :wink:

Forgive my hubris. :heart:




The status quo has been challenged here for all the years I've been here.  It's the nature of the beast.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* a n y p u r p o s e ? geokillsA 1,595 16 11/01/01 12:18 AM
by geokills
* No more Spirituality or Philosophy in S&P chemkid 1,589 6 10/10/02 08:47 AM
by Anonymous
* Here and Now at S&P Zero7a1 431 8 08/09/03 10:06 AM
by Zero7a1
* I believe in E.S.P.
( 1 2 all )
Swami 3,261 30 06/14/03 08:09 PM
by somebodyelse
* Cycle of Shroomy Happenings...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Amber_Glow 3,528 63 10/07/02 10:47 AM
by Swami
* Fuck Yourself
( 1 2 3 all )
Sclorch 6,309 56 10/31/02 10:26 AM
by Anonymous
* What happened last night? fireworks_godS 791 19 07/19/03 11:04 PM
by Shroomism
* The Zen and Flow of S&P
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 2,454 42 10/23/03 11:07 AM
by Droz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,914 topic views. 1 members, 7 guests and 51 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 17 queries.