Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #935993 - 10/06/02 02:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You know what this means..... MORE SACRIFICES!!

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: Swami]
    #935996 - 10/06/02 03:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

As I have explained previously, I knew one of the people that committed suicide at Rancho San Marguerita that believed the arrival of a comet hid a Mothership behind it and was a sign to go join it.

Yeah but who's to say they didn't join the mothership hidden behind the comet? Do you have proof they didn't?

:tongue: Just kidding... but taking into account most beliefs, (at least the one's I'm aware of) don't revolve around killing yourself to join the mothership. That's just very distorted  cult thinking.

Perhaps you refuse to see a pattern-recognition engine (the human brain) straining to find a pattern where there is none.

Yeah.. 

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: Shroomism]
    #936002 - 10/06/02 03:10 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

... but taking into account most beliefs, (at least the one's I'm aware of) don't revolve around killing yourself to join the mothership.

Lack of reason is dangerous whether it is in the Bush Administration shouting for war, UFO cults, or on seemingly innocuous levels. We look back 700 years and call that period the Dark Ages. I look at the inability to clearly reason today and see that we are still firmly entrenched in the Dark Ages.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #936004 - 10/06/02 03:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My reason is based upon love and understanding of all things, a love for life, and striving to help others. What exactly is dangerous?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: Shroomism]
    #936009 - 10/06/02 03:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Someone believing that tripping caused mushrooms to sprout in their yard (even though they would have sprouted anyway) is an indication of superstition and lack of reasoning ability which could be applied many ways.

Racism, sexism, war, murder, spread of disease, Witch hunts, McCarthyism, etc. are only allowed to happen through ignorance. ALL FORMS OF IGNORANCE ARE DANGEROUS. How can one make a clear decision based on erroneous connections seen as facts?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #936022 - 10/06/02 03:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah ignorance is bad I agree. But ignorance eventually leads to enlightenment the easy way or the hard way. Example off of top of head: Pavlov's Dogs. We all learn from our mistakes...if not sooner then later.

I can't even remember what we're talking about anymore... let's wage war on belief.

--------------------

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #936071 - 10/06/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

who ever said that suicide was bad, do you know what happens when someone dies, i think not.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #936109 - 10/06/02 07:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Someone believing that tripping caused mushrooms to sprout in their yard (even though they would have sprouted anyway)

i would like to correcto you here... it should say even though they could have sprouted anyways... you cannot prove that the mushrooms wouldn't have sprouted if he hadn't tripped...

and chubbsubb: i haven't read the book yet... still hung up on lord of the rings hehehe... as soon as i have time ill start... maybe i should take it with me on vacation... anyways, i'll let you know as soon as i read it...  :grin:

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (10/06/02 07:41 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #936183 - 10/06/02 09:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I feel like a better person now.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: In(di)go]
    #936198 - 10/06/02 09:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you cannot prove that the mushrooms wouldn't have sprouted if he hadn't tripped...

What a clever observation. Thank you for demonstrating my point about ignorance. Mushrooms have sprouted unaided by human thoughts for many millions of years before Home Sapiens arrived.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #936206 - 10/06/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

who ever said that suicide was bad

What a deep and penetrating question! Hmm, let's see:

A. The Bible
B. Society-at-large
C. The families and friends of the suicide victim
D. Attempted suicides who survived

Is violence bad? Is failing to share one's unique gifts bad? Is deeply hurting loved ones bad? I would have to answer in the affirmative.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #936210 - 10/06/02 09:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My wife and I started discussing about buying a new car, a Ford Expedition. It's really wierd, but we see them EVERYWHERE on the road now, as if the car gods and ol' Saint Henry Ford are giving us a sign...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (10/06/02 09:59 AM)

Anonymous

#936212 - 10/06/02 10:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Mushrooms have sprouted unaided by human thoughts for many millions of years before Home Sapiens arrived.

Prove it. :tongue: 

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #936360 - 10/06/02 11:29 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"I can't even remember what we're talking about anymore... let's wage war on belief."
If there's a war I consider this board and the threads therein to be the front lines  :wink:

Swami sees superstition and lack of reasoning in Amber Glow's observation.  We all have opinions.  To me his post is what tripping is all about.  Seeing these synchronicities and noticing them for what they are.  The only meaning they hold is any meaning he wants to assign to it, that's the gift we've given ourselves in the form of so-called "synchronicity".  Would he have even noticed that the mushrooms sprouted if he wasn't going to trip?  Probably not, but the fact that he did trip gave him a reason to experience a bit of  wonder... "ignorant" as it may be. Isn't it a good thing in the end? 

Edited by dee_N_ae (10/06/02 11:31 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #936382 - 10/06/02 11:45 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yes! Ignorance and superstition are wonderful things. Knowledge and understanding are useless.

What in the hell was Pasteur thinking when he tried to discover a cause behind disease instead of looking around to find some unrelated event to blame it on?

A comet obviously protends bad luck and has nothing to do with astronomy and the formation of planets.

Finding a four-leaf clover is much better at bringing luck than focus and determination.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#936387 - 10/06/02 11:48 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Saying someone is ignorant or superstitous because they believe in the concept of synchronicity is a little unfair to say it lightly. Was Carl Jung psycho?

My personal believe is that all is One (i'm sure we've all had this insight from mushrooms or otherwise) We are one, living as individual beings for the sake of gaining insight and subjective experience, that we may grow. If all is One would it not make sense that we are all interconnected and that ideas and thoughts *can* influence happenings?

Yeah, those mushrooms likely would have sprouted up in the yard even if the person in question didn't trip, but the fact that they did, when they did, is pretty cool. Why is it so wrong to take this as a symbol?

Many things have happened to me that I've taken as symbols, warnings, etc. Animals and plants that cross our paths often hold messages we may interpret. I've been warned about dangerous situations by ravens and snakes. Maybe that snake would have been there even if the rock wasn't going to fall, maybe it would have crawled away even if the rock wasn't coming, and maybe I would have gotten the distinct impression that I should leave, that I would be injured anyways. Maybe it was paranoia fed by archetype. Or maybe the snake was there and had a message that I ignored, which is why the Earth warned me to listen by injuring my hand and taking my blood. I chose to believe the latter.

This earth is full of messages, not necessarily just for us, but for all life. We are here for each other, we are here to improve the subjective experience and promote the learning of other beings, so is it so superstitious to believe that maybe listening to messages is a good idea? Sitting my the waterfall, the snake gave me the impression that danger was imminent. I cast it off as superstition based on myth. I got injured.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Re: Cycle of Shroomy Happenings... [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #936390 - 10/06/02 11:52 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think Amber Glow was ignorant or wrong at all...that wasn't the point of my post. Swami brought up ignorance, I was replying to his post.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

#936400 - 10/06/02 11:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, exaggeration proves your point.
Knowledge has served us very well compared to superstition, I don't deny that. But the fact is it's a large part of many peoples lives. I wouldn't consider myself superstitious. I just like to entertain an array of different ideas in hopes of finding correlations and and recurring patterns which I can use as a basis for interperting my reality.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #936409 - 10/06/02 12:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

no shit, it was just cool i thought

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#936410 - 10/06/02 12:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I wasn't responding directly to you, sorry, I just clicked reply under your name coz it was closest to the bottom.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract