Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Goblet of Fire
    #18085453 -

I know I'm a little late on the Harry Potter bandwagon, always been a huge fan of the movies and just started reading the books; actually just started reading books for personal enjoyment (never liked to read until now :facepalm:).

Just finished the 4th installment and holy shit I feel like I've learned so much more about the series I've never known before. It may be because I haven't seen The Goblet of Fire since the movie was in theaters and how much they leave out of the movies. The twist at the ending and all the little clues throughout the book that were unveiled had to make the 4th book my favorite so far. I'm pissed I ever let myself watch the movies before I read the books, but fortunately I forgot most of the series up to the deathly hollows.

If you read and enjoy the series what was your favorite book?

:popcorn: Going to watch the movie now. Re-watching the trailer after six years got me fucking pumped, I can understand now how so many people were obsessed, prepared for huge chunks of the book to be left out though...

Btw, it would be pretty cool if someone made a sub-forum strictly for sharing books and such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: zee007]
    #18085554 -

I was really hoping the goblet of fire was some epic alcohlic beverage

who knows, maybe it is :lol:


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: NWlight]
    #18085579 -

Just thought of something stupid I did many many years ago. It was my b-day and I was going to do a lit shot from the metal measuring shot glass. I was making a long toast and when I go to do the shot (I blew it out first thank goodness) the rim burns 2 spots right there on the corners of my mouth! HER DERRR! Lesson learned.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #18091727 -

Goblet of fire is the best harry potter book in my opinion. The pacing and the intricacies within it are much better than any of the others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: zee007]
    #18091757 -

zee007 said:
I know I'm a little late on the Harry Potter bandwagon, always been a huge fan of the movies and just started reading the books :facepalm:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: basetrem]
    #18091807 -

basetrem said:
Goblet of fire is the best harry potter book in my opinion. The pacing and the intricacies within it are much better than any of the others.



:thumbup: Movie sucked though IMO after watching it right after finishing the book... Probably the worst movie they made in the series. Would have been much better if it was made in two parts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: zee007]
    #18091848 -

Half blood prince is a great book too. Goes into Voldemortes childhood and parents which wasn't even touched in the movie (for time obviously) but important in understanding the character.
A few other surprises too that were not in the movie.

yay for reading!


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #18091904 -

JohnnieYen said:
Half blood prince is a great book too. Goes into Voldemortes childhood and parents which wasn't even touched in the movie (for time obviously) but important in understanding the character.
A few other surprises too that were not in the movie.

yay for reading!



:zomgzomgzomg: excited

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #18091909 -

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
zee007 said:
I know I'm a little late on the Harry Potter bandwagon, always been a huge fan of the movies and just started reading the books :facepalm:





This.

And the books get better per part. The first ones are for toddlers, it gets darker and deeper in the end. I sometimes re-read the series and always skip the first one. It takes off after the GoF tho.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #18091913 -

I haven't read the books in years, but I believe the last one, The Deathly Hollows, was my favorite. The way it pulled every book together absolutely blew my mind. J. K. Rowling would bring up very intricate details from the first novels and tie them in the pieces of the last book, to bring it all together with very few questions left over.


--------------------
BrehBrehBreh  :werewolf: :frenchie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: HeyImShroomy]
    #18092009 -

Yeah, I liked the last 2 best.  Then Goblet of Fire.

Havnt read them in ages though and dont plan to.  Read that series way too many god damn times as a child.

Read A song of Ice and Fire once you finish this series OP.


--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: TheMovement]
    #18092084 -

The last two were great. Especially The Deathly Hallows. I read it in a day and a half...couldn't put it down.

^^^^and im just about to finish the 1st  A song of ice and fire book :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: shLong]
    #18092118 -

It gets even better!

:excited:


--------------------
Utwiddle.net

In order to act like a king, one need only treat everyone else like one.

BUMP THIS THREAD EVERYTIME YOU SEE IT

Join the Anarchy Camp!  Down with Oppression!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: TheMovement]
    #18092339 -

Honestly I read the first 2 books in Song of Ice and Fire series and found them really slow. Interesting, but there were just too many characters and took me a while to get into.

One of my favorite SciFi series has to be DUNE. I also really enjoyed the prequels written by Frank Herbert's son and friend. It explains the whole machine war before the first DUNE book. It also gives origins to the guild, spice, navigators and the origin of the harkonnen/atredies conflict.

The spice must flow!


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #18092561 -

Way too many characters I agree...but I have the dvd booklet that has the family tree broken down so that helped.
As long as yoh know the starks, lannisters, men of the black and the main horse people (forget their name...edit, dothraki) you can kinda just skip most name memorizing and resd past it.

I totally get what you mean though. Its the toughest read in a long time but worth it

Edited by shLong (04/11/13 03:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: zee007]
    #18092658 -

I've only seen the first 2 movies, and that's when I was younger.

I ordered the first book, but I didn't realize how much I hated reading, until I got through the first page. :lol:

Well... I love to read, but I guess I'm not that enthusiastic about the Potter series. But this thread makes me want to start reading um. Guess I'll finish the book I'm reading tonight, and start the series tomorrow.

Also, this emoticon is one of my favorites... :zomgzomgzomg: and :holyshitbubbles:


--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: DarkElf]
    #18092672 -

The 1st HP book was really enjoyable (for me)...The 2nd book made me mad. I mean, it's just a bunch of nosey kids meddling in shit that doesn't (didn't) concern them.

from book 3 on they got better and better IMO...Deathy Hallows is actually one of my all time favorite reads

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: shLong]
    #18092836 -


seriously, read these. beats GoT imo.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #18092859 -

WTF?  BoredStiff, what do you have there?  Is this kid lit or what?  What kind of writing are we looking at here? Hmmmmm.... Hmmmm...


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Goblet of Fire [Re: mpd]
    #18092876 -

Its the most epic fantasy Ive ever read.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Long Live DEATH! (Battle cries of the upcoming generation?) Irradiated_Feces 790 3 09/22/05 08:29 AM
by LethalX5
* GOOD READ: a postive interview with erowids earth N fire. C20H25N3O 2,543 7 05/07/04 09:43 AM
by MOTH
* How do you visualize your perfect death?
( 1 2 3 all )
LeastResistance 6,038 59 11/30/04 07:30 AM
by Hambo
* the bandwagon knumb 517 1 03/08/05 01:33 AM
by Burke Dennings
* That point when you finally decide: "I'm going to get fired!"
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
trendalM 14,630 134 08/14/05 06:49 PM
by trendal
* What's your closest encounter with death?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 9,820 69 02/19/08 09:21 PM
by C20H25N3O
* Man rapes woman's daughter. Mother sets him on fire.
( 1 2 all )
TheCheat 3,226 30 07/26/05 01:14 PM
by Deadmaker
* 9 year old girl stabs her friend to death - disturbing tale.
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,264 28 06/01/05 11:54 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,071 topic views. 1 members, 17 guests and 94 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.