Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

What's your closest encounter with death?
    #3804917 - 02/19/05 11:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've had some pretty close calls before.

One of them, is when I was like 6, it was like a year and a half after my parents divorced, my dad was living in an apartment. There was a pool there, and I was swimming in the deep end, following my brother around, and his foot splashed a bunch of water that went down my throat. And I lke choked on it and couldn't breathe and I was out of breathe. I started sinking or whatever. My dad didn't notice, or my brother. So no one really noticed. And then, a lady jumped in and pulled me up. So she like saved me...and she's now my step mom, weird. She also happens to be part of the family who owns the place, because her dad built it. So I like got my dad a chick pretty much.

Or I almost got hit by a train once. I was walking across a bridge and didn't even hear it coming. Then it was like 30 feet away and I noticed it and we started running. Right when we could jump off we dove to the side into some thorn bushes.

How about some of yours?

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: What's your closest encounter with death? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3804945 - 02/19/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

When I was 8 or 9, I was in our hot tub alone, waiting for my dad to go change into his swimsuit. My mom and aunt were in the hot tub room, talking away, then my aunt realized she didn't see me anymore. She rushed in and pulled me up. I don't remember how I went under, or what happened, but I just remeber her saving me and finally being able to breathe.

Then when I was 13 or 14, I was goofing off with my younger cousin (the son of the aunt who saved me) in their pool. He was probably 7 or 8. You know how you just kind of push someone under water just to mess with them? Well I did that to him, and he was goofing off with me, throwing shit at me and whatever. It was harmless fun. Then I was underwater and he jumped on my back, near the edge of the pool, in the deep end. I couldn't get him off of me and I couldn't swim back up for air, even though I was a really good swimmer. I just remember panicking and absolute horror, then somehow he came off of me and I finally was able to breathe. It wasn't his fault or anything, he didn't know better. But it scared the shit out of me.

Moral of the stories: Keep my ass out of water.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3804946 - 02/19/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Death follows me but something always saves...  SO FAR :crazy:

But not just me, my friends, too.  suimush and our other guitarists almost died right when they met.  suimush, our other guitarist, and I almost died when I first met suimush on my way to Northern California the first time.  We all almost died right before I left NorCal, too.  Wonder if we'll have a close encounter when I get back?

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3804952 - 02/19/05 11:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I od'd on seroquel, taking only the prescribed dose.  1600mg a day.  Convulsions and shit.

I have been ejected from a vehicle in an accident.

I have been in numerous bad accidents in which I wasn't driving.

oh yeah, everyday for like the past ten years of my life I think about killing myself :smile:

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineBOBs
bobby digital

Loc: CO
    #3804964 - 02/19/05 11:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dirtbike...60 mph...no front shocks...no helmet...big ass pothole. I crashed through somebodys fence and tore their garden up. The garden saved my life though.

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: What's your closest encounter with death? [Re: BOBs]
    #3804970 - 02/20/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thats nuts

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #3804973 - 02/20/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Walking across the street when 5 years old. SMACK, hit by a city bus. Need I say more?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlineshanti
dude
 User Gallery

Re: What's your closest encounter with death? [Re: Adden]
    #3804992 - 02/20/05 12:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

everyday on a freakin' bike.

when I was a youngin' my papa was holding me in the ocean until a huge wave came and knocked me out of his arms into the ocean and out of his sight. He luckly reached down to find me chillin with the crabs. That is when I became a fish.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
    #3804993 - 02/20/05 12:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't been too close to death, but I'm rather lucky I'm not in a wheel chair or paralyzed. A number of years ago, I jumped off a 20 foot balcony onto the frozen ground. My force of impact was mainly centered on my tailbone and back, but I somehow managed to break my tibia. The ER doctors said that I was extremely lucky I only broke my shin bone.

I also had food poisoning earlier that year, but it wasn't too serious. Yes, I live a mediocre life.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
    #3805010 - 02/20/05 12:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I fell down a 15' hole when I was 2 and smashed my head open badly. It had 22 stitches, and left a scary scar in my forehead.

I nearly choked on a 2 pence coin at an early age too, my mother had to hold me upside down and smack the crap out of my back. Suppose they didnt have the heimlich maneuver in those days.

I was involved in a 40 mile an hour car crash, but was lucky enough to have had seatbelt on. An unusual thing in them days for me, now I NEVER move a car without it on even just the length of my street..

And Once I got a sunflower seed stuck in my ear. Not really life threatening but, never know.. it could have gone right in and grown thru my brain :smile:.

--------------------

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
Re: What's your closest encounter with death? [Re: Jim]
    #3805016 - 02/20/05 12:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I had a friend flip car his are a few times/high rate of speed
with me, him and another friend in the car
none of us wearing seatbelts
we all walked away

car was a mangled piece of metal
totally destroyed

just recently after surgery my heart
fell out of rhythm for almost 2 hrs
they were fixing to use the crash cart on me
to shock my heart back into rhythm
but the beta blocker they gave me started working

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #3805018 - 02/20/05 12:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Me and death have had some close encounters.
Like the time i fell 25 feet out of a tree. That fucking sucked.
Or the time i snorted 45~55 mg's of 2cT7 and had to sit next to an open window for 6 hours during a 10 degree night.
Or the time i took 72 dramamine thinking they were dimenhydrinate instead of diphenhydramine.

Then there was the time i managed to bail and put the brakes on a skiing fall about 2 feet short of a 100 foot drop.
Or the time i was running from the cops thru someones back yard, tripped, and ended up staring at a horseshoe spike about half an inch from my nose.

Yeah, me and death have a flirtatious relationship. :crazy:

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3805022 - 02/20/05 12:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I was driving around a corner and my car fish-tailed. All of a sudden I jetted forward into a bank and my car flipped many times. I was not wearing my seat belt. It looked like God had pick up my car and crushed it with his hand. If anybody had been with me they would have been dead because the roof on the other side was smushed all the way in. I just held onto the steering wheel and didn't let go as I flipped. I only got a small cut on my ear from flying glass.

When I was a young'un I fell twenty-five or thirty feet out of a tree. The branches broke my fall however. I fell and blacked out. I woke up on the ground. I was perfectly fine and I didn't even have a scratch on me.

I'm one lucky SOB.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3805027 - 02/20/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have always believed that our closest brushes with death go un-noticed by us. A fatal incident could happen at any moment. When your number is up the best you can hope for is to not suffer much. And when your number does come up you probably won't even see it coming.

That being said, I've had a few hair-raising experiences. Most revolve around riding my motorcyles.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: What's your closest encounter with death? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3805036 - 02/20/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No shit you won't see it coming. I never the saw fucking bus either and I don't even remember anything about the bus. All I remember is waking up in a fucking hospital with my head bandaged up. I'm kinda glad I never saw the bus, that would be a fucked up memory.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: What's your closest encounter with death? [Re: downforpot]
    #3805390 - 02/20/05 02:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

this was my closest encounter with death, I got broadsided by a 89 bronco with a 3ft lift making a left hand turn at a light. I was in a civic dropped to a lil over an inch off the ground, my windshield didnt even make it to the top of his tires. Ill get a couple more pics up where you can see better half of my tailights are where their supposed to be and the other half is touching the ground almost underneath the rear tires. Pretty much the entire car was destroyed except for the drivers seat.

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Offlineshanti
dude
 User Gallery

#3812296 - 02/21/05 06:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Then there was the time i managed to bail and put the brakes on a skiing fall about 2 feet short of a 100 foot drop.

really? Thats some crazy shit. Wern't you going down hill? How'd you get out of there?

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3812308 - 02/21/05 06:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I died once. Got ran over by a old cady and didnt breaht for about 15 minutes that and I bled to death the next day after surgery, I must have sprung a leak some where in there.

my idea of death maybe different them most though.

--------------------

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Loc: France, keepin' tabs with...
Re: What's your closest encounter with death? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3812530 - 02/21/05 07:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ToTheSummit said:
I have always believed that our closest brushes with death go un-noticed by us. A fatal incident could happen at any moment. When your number is up the best you can hope for is to not suffer much. And when your number does come up you probably won't even see it coming.

Yer I agree with that, I've had three car accidents, almost died from eating oysters, and a bad case of melangitus when I was 12... but the worst was when this guy called Jeff Andrews try to kill me, fucking tox right... I stayed with him throw a bad moment he was having... a friend of he's died... so I'm trying to make the guy feel better, then really all of a sudden he turns on me, starts hitting me throwing punches... he's pretty weak but... I hadn't released what a predicament I was in until I tried to get out of he's apartment, the door was locked... then he picked up a lamp, the long heavy kind with the sand at the bottom and swings these a my head, I duck, but he come back down with it in to my ribs knocking the wind right out of me. At this point I say "holy shit you want to kill me" I push him over, run unlock the door and I'm out down the stairs fast.
I was thinking about that the other night on mushrooms, I thought that some times I really don't see stuff that's happening or take it seriously.

--------------------
Gotta to spread the word about:
http://www.johnnyganjaseed.com/johnny.htm

Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
Re: What's your closest encounter with death? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3812621 - 02/21/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I was 17 and in a car chase,with the cops,my mate took a bend at 80mph,in the pissing rain,the back end went, and we spun 4 or 5 times,twice into a pointed cast iron fence,which came right through the doors.During the whole slow motion experience,i was being thrown from one side of the car to the other,while clinging on to a ghetto blaster,blasting out Help by the Beatles,when we finally stopped my mate in the front refused to get out,on the grounds that the car was going to catch fire(he had just got out of hospital, following a bad bike crash)and must have thought his time was up.We were surveying the damage to the car when the guy from the chemical Co who owned the fence started screaming at us about his beloved fence,the drivers screaming back about his car,and its all very surreal in the rain.It turned out the cops went the other way,and we got away with the insurance,when a hamburger van stopped with a handy knife,for the front tyre.  :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Community >> The Pub