Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #17623042 -

Another prize has been offered by kyoto. A 1 month supporter account to the person with the 2nd largest trichocereus at 1st of August or first lopho flower


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #17623054 -

its a good idea but the different seasons will fuck with seed germination. unless you grow inside. something i cannot do. best i have is an unheated garage. but that wont do if its 40 outside and the same in the garage.

anyways i am happy to contribute.


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: ferrel_human]
    #17623266 -

kyoto has come up with a great solution for a more even/fair Trichocereus sp. compititon guidelines.

We have a set length/size that we grow our trichocereus. 50 cm or less. And than we calculate the age of the seedling from sow date. The member with the youngest cactus to reach that size wins. This will allow members to join at a later time like the lopho competition (first to flower).

Please comment if you like this idea and suggest a target size we will use to grow out trichocereus.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #17623325 -

Awesome suggestion! :super:
I think that 20 or 30 cm should be enough, anything more than that would be too difficult to balance on the stock. Actually 20 cm seems like the best size to me. What do you guys say?
There could be a second stage if anybody wants to go further! :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: Tangich]
    #17623350 -

I'd go with 30 cm but I'll agree with the 20 if that's what everyone else thinks is fair. You can regraft it to another stock if you choose or just prop it up with sticks or something.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: Tangich]
    #17623386 -

Is it still winner takes all. I would make a second place or third. I may donate a second place if I get some better order of seeds in.  Length is tough. I feel bad for spachianus for that reason. I could think of an underhanded trick to win, which I wouldn't do or will I say it. Hope nobody does that anyways.

I think the rules are perfectly fine though. Even if there were no prize it would still be a win.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: savage.renegade]
    #17623613 -

I can't wait till the next comp!!! pls remind me via pm when you do it.
Im spewing i missed out on this one :'(


--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: Juke Adro]
    #17623832 -

savage.renegade said:
Is it still winner takes all. I would make a second place or third. I may donate a second place if I get some better order of seeds in.  Length is tough. I feel bad for spachianus for that reason. I could think of an underhanded trick to win, which I wouldn't do or will I say it. Hope nobody does that anyways.

I think the rules are perfectly fine though. Even if there were no prize it would still be a win.



I mean we CAN do a second and third place prices however it's up to those that are offering prizes. Since I don't have lots of seeds I'll put it as second place prize for trichocereus.

OVERLY elongated seedlings to get the seedling longer would be obvious however I think 'largest' trichocereus is fair. We would use the volume other than the length alone. 200 cm^3 seem fair? I might be over complicating it.

Spachianus is at a disadvantage however you can use ANY trichocereus you want.

Juke Adro said:
I can't wait till the next comp!!! pls remind me via pm when you do it.
Im spewing i missed out on this one :'(



You can still join this competition. The lopho competition is quickest to flower from time sown. So you can join at any time. The trichocereus competition currently is largest but from the start of the competition.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #17623938 -

Yeah juke , you can still join.
My first bridgesii seed sprouted today :laugh:
I'm deffianatly joining now!


--------------------
" Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda

TRADE LIST
https://www.cactusplaza.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/12234/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2013 [Re: kyoto]
    #17624292 -

ok Im in. ill dig out my loph grafts i done. so i know the date of my albino and varigated lophs cause i posted the day i grafted so ill use them as the flowering ones and i can probably have a few more from the other day which i also posted on the day i grafted and they are on weird stocks so they may be fast???
ill enter tonight.


--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #17624406 -

Ok these are my grafts quickest to flower.
sown on the 23/12/12

grafted on 11/01/13

and if Im allowed.... but i don't know when they were sown but the graft date is...
16/01/13


--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: Juke Adro]
    #17628659 -

Juke Adro those grafts are all fine as long as the seeds were sown after October 31. :thumbup:

For those in the trichocereus competition please chime in on how we will select the winner. Quickest to a specific mass, largest mass by the time the lopho competition ends or another?




Sown: 11/26/12
Grafted: 12/07/12
64 days from seed


Sown: 11/26/12
Grafted: 12/07/12
64 days from seed


Sown: 10/31/12
Grafted: 11/19/12
90 days from seed


Sown: 10/31/12
Grafted: 11/19/12
90 days from seed


Sown: 11/26/12
Grafted: 12/07/12
I removed the offsets to hopefully promote the scion to stop pupping and grow/bloom. This is the one on the 4 foot pereskiopsis.
64 days from seed


Sown: 10/31/12
Grafted: 11/13/12
Regrafted: 1/26/13
90 days from seed
I regrafted Juuls Giant x LumberJack and will take a new picture of it once I see new growth.


Caespitosa is now the size of a nickel.
Sown: 10/31/12
Grafted: 11/13/12
90 days from seed

I've sown more seeds including many hybrid seeds on 01/15/13 and will graft a few more trichocereus which may be added on here.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: modern.shaman]
    #17628823 -

The fluffy one on the tall pereskiopsis is lovely! :awesome:

sowed 31st oct
grafted 20th nov
1st pic 27th nov
64 days of grafted growth
25mm diameter



--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #17628989 -

Im printing out that that picture and framing it! do i have your permissions mostly?


--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: Juke Adro]
    #17629143 -

Help yourself! :grin:


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #17629401 -

I actually think that's an amazing way to show off your loph growth! beautiful
how the fruit cake did you get them all the same?


--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: Juke Adro]
    #17633531 -

Some wasn't from the same angle, I never meant to start doing it, just found I was taking lots of photos daily :lol: I take a pic from roughly the same angle/distance each day now, and then crop.
Sod's law says this won't be my first graft to flower though! :crazy2:


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #17642703 -

Trichocereus bridgesii (from vVv's giveaway last year)
Sow date: 21 january 2013

Graft date: 31 januari 2013



Sorry for the shitty pics, i'll make some new ones in a few days when they leave the humidity dome.


--------------------
" Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda

TRADE LIST
https://www.cactusplaza.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/12234/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: kyoto]
    #17643019 -

lucky you told us it was a humidity dome cause the quality of the two last pictures are :lol:
just stand back further when you take the picture mate, i know you won't be able to see it as close as you want but those pictures are so bury i barely made out something was grafted. we would all much rather a further taken picture than a up close blur

also :awebig: good work mate :wink:


--------------------
Someone said:  im actually not using ms, im using prints.
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grafting Competition 2012/2013 [Re: Juke Adro]
    #17643035 -

It was taken in room with bad lighting to. I'll make another pic tomorrow during the day.
I was shaking bad when i did them. grafting sober doesn't work too good for me lol


--------------------
" Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda

TRADE LIST
https://www.cactusplaza.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/12234/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Minimal Peyote areole graft (update)
( 1 2 all )
koppie 10,114 30 04/26/09 10:38 AM
by SLiCeR
* Grafting Stock? PitcherCrab 642 4 11/28/09 10:30 AM
by satyr
* Sucessful Grafts
( 1 2 all )
Aelph 8,922 31 12/08/04 02:36 PM
by Gr0wer
* Ookla's Ghetto Grafting guide.....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
OOKLA 24,868 148 08/31/08 12:11 PM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* ariocarpus grafting JESUS CLAUSE 2,192 12 05/21/13 01:38 PM
by Subverted
* grafting to pereskiopsis truffleupagus 881 4 01/21/09 09:16 AM
by truffleupagus
* Grafting hops to cannabis... anyone tried?? RJLR 10,593 15 02/21/05 11:25 PM
by obaku
* How To: Grafting Cacti CptnGarden 4,910 6 08/07/07 01:48 PM
by CptnGarden

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
28,915 topic views. 0 members, 21 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.