Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes.
    #17550707 -

Had some left over birdseed from a grain to grain so I innoc. some sugarcane, some grass and the tops where it comes down to a thick straw. Stuffed a bread bag quarter filled all mixed up real well packed tight and its kicking ass! Surface is almost white fully colonized.


Was wondering if anyone seen the results of using sugarcane? I tried to look it up but couldn't find much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: acalis]
    #17550767 -

Can you buy sugar cane in stores?

:popcorn:


--------------------
Chef:  Kids, what did I tell you about drugs?
Kids:  There's a time and a place for everything, and it's called college.

Check out my Only Fans page


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: Trippy_Smurf]
    #17550877 -

sugarcane huh :popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: Trippy_Smurf]
    #17550885 -

You may be able to buy it at some store but probably harder to find the part I used. It was the top grass of the plant down to the soft chutes... not too disirable.


I grow it and was just gonna compost it but figured I'll try it out cause I had leftover. Not in too big a rush to grow any shrooms till it warms up just a little more. I got enough I need.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: acalis]
    #17550902 -

Those last few sentances of that last post seem to make little sense to me. Should have proof read.


I meant to say that I grow sugarcane and had compost left.  The top of the grass down to the soft chutes. I had leftover birdseed from a grain to grain so I decided to try ir. I'm in no rush to grow anything right now. I have what  I need.


Oh, and you probably won't find it at the store. I don't know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: acalis]
    #17550930 -

Sugar neutralizes acid pretty well so its probably more a casing. The ph has to be off in the cane. I didtn add anything to the pasteurizing pot. I might have put kelp fertilizer  in the 24 hour cane soak but I can't remember cause I was drunk. I soaked the cane fore 24 cause its a lot thicker than saaay wheat. Dropped the cane into 180 degree water, dropped the water temp to 160 for an hour and 20.


Just use normal straw.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: acalis]
    #17550933 -

acalis said:
Oh, and you probably won't find it at the store. I don't know.



That's probably why you didn't find any info on it here.


--------------------
Chef:  Kids, what did I tell you about drugs?
Kids:  There's a time and a place for everything, and it's called college.

Check out my Only Fans page


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: Trippy_Smurf]
    #17578300 -

posting pics tomorrow of the cane. Fully colonized. Gonna chop the plastic off. Check back if interested. Something to look at.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: acalis]
    #17579793 -

I see full cane stalks at my local farmers market but in the stores its cut down to the white pulp. Interesting idea.

:popcorn:


--------------------
Trades
Current Contest!
My current mono (pics)
Ghetto Bulk Dehydrator Tek
How I Made My Alcohol Lamp

Oeric McKenna said:
"My innoculant is heavily contaminated with mushroom mycelium"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: MoGrow]
    #17602499 -

Sugarcane. Held water great during colonization. It was sweatin when I cut it from the bag.
Only made a small test block. Bad pic quality. Looks like some knots are growing which you can't really see in thhe pics... might be stray wbs.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: acalis]
    #17622549 -

Shrooms growing for sure. Have a bacteria infection going on but I'm keeping the cake isolated. Pics of knots and the contam. Sorry for the bad quality. If you want more pics just ask





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sugarcane bulk innoc. cubes. [Re: acalis]
    #17622553 -

If you have a bacteria infection, don't isolate it.  Shitcan it.


--------------------
Chef:  Kids, what did I tell you about drugs?
Kids:  There's a time and a place for everything, and it's called college.

Check out my Only Fans page


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* sawdust, woodfilings, sugarcane bagasse, straw and coffee grinds substrate >>>>overkill?? kamealh 730 7 06/15/13 08:27 AM
by samael
* Vermiculite/BRF... Can it be used for bulk substrate? ATWAR 2,853 8 01/29/03 06:07 AM
by ATWAR
* What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? kronnyQ 1,553 8 10/13/04 03:37 AM
by scatmanrav
* Re: BULK TEK QUESTION mycofile 1,266 3 02/09/00 11:54 AM
by Anonymous
* Going bulk... skip spawn possible? Here's my idea....
( 1 2 3 all )
NeedMoreSleep 7,103 50 05/15/09 08:58 AM
by weskes
* Highest yielding strains (bulk)
( 1 2 all )
apoc 11,827 22 07/21/04 01:43 PM
by Miscusi
* an idea on bulk grows using minni straw bales 12 pound yeild with 5 square feet. ZippoZM 3,381 11 12/23/05 08:03 PM
by EonTan
* Several questions?????straw, bulk, colors, cross breeds and bubbler penlight438094 1,223 7 01/12/05 01:46 AM
by penlight438094

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
751 topic views. 14 members, 199 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.