Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc?
    #3247499 - 10/12/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have 6 quarts of rye berries going. I have some mycellium EQ solution...would it be better to just innoc 1 jar, wait till it colonizes and transfer some to the other 5 jars, or should I just inoculate all 6 jars with the myc?

Edited by kronnyQ (10/12/04 01:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3247641 - 10/12/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cousin IT would go 3-5 ccs per jar at least . Do as many jars as can . Let colonize , then pick best jar to innoc(g2g transfer) another 8 jars . If you made 4 jars you can do 2 as g2gs giving you 16 jars in the rears so to say . And 2 jars that you case or innoc a bulk sub of some sort .

When doing g2gs you want to do about 10%-15% spawn to new grain for good colonization . So depending on how full your jars determines how many transfer jars from the master you can produce .

Cousin IT likes to take one fully colonized quart(the master) and make 6-8 g2g transfers with it . Those 6-8 can be done again making 36-64 more jars ! Cousin Cousin IT stops after 2 generations of g2g . Starts again from scratch with spores on agar , then back to grain again .
Hope this helps
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineJAMIEK
Re: What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3247667 - 10/12/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My g2g worked well better than expected I guess but I would say that an everyother cycle like described above will work well!
I my self will continue my strain and continue to have a mother jar
I will d my own prints if necessary before I buy spores syringes again!
But for 10.00 15.00 bucks you cant go wrong regardless eh bro!

Offlinedjred

Re: What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? [Re: JAMIEK]
    #3247705 - 10/12/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

why would you buy spore syringes agian after a sucesfull grow?would'nt you just make spore print ina jar then ad steril water?

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? [Re: djred]
    #3247955 - 10/12/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You can also save a few cc and do a honey/karo/malt tek. Then you will have a few hundred cc's to work with along with the jars you did for g2g.

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
Re: What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3248655 - 10/12/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

but once you run your strain ..ou wooudl wanna get new spores ..and 15 bucks a syringe..its chump change ,which comes back to you 10 fold..honk honk

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? [Re: botanisthype]
    #3250761 - 10/13/04 02:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You never run your strain. You should only have to buy a strain once ever..unless maybe you stop growing it for 5-10+ years then the spores wouldnt be good. You can continue your work with spores and liquid cultures indefinatly from 1 cc of spores (less really but hey) and grow pounds upon pounds. I only buy more spores if its a strain I want and don't have. Even then theres always trade. You buy one spore print, make more, trade them to 5 people for a strain each and you got 5 new strains..so on and so forth.

I've worked with grain to grain transfers and you'll find that after multiple transfers the myc becomes crappy. Personally I wouldn't go beyond one generation anymore if even that but two transfers never really gave me any problems, its 3 and 4 and beyond if you bother trying. However if you have a liquid culture why not use it?

I mean it's just so much easier. Beyond 3ccs is to much IMO, it wets down the jar way to much. I just lay out a few dozen jars, grab out my bandaids and a cotten swab with alcohol in it. Fill up a 60cc syringe of a liquid culture (after injecting 60ccs of karo water in to replace what you take out) and jam 3cc's in every jar swabbing tyvek with alcohol before injecting each time, moving to the next jar quickly. Stop every 6 to put bandaids on the 6 jars you just did and shake them then resterilize the needle. I work in a sterile environment so this works fine for me but if you aren't, you may want to sterilize the needle before every jar and put a bandaid over it immediatly. Do 30 jars like this and its a snap. Much less rish of contams too.

Doing grain to grain you gotta get a spoon, unscrew the lids off all the jars (kinda a pain, with the tyvek in the threads to not wrinkle it up when you close it) scoop some in, do it quickly and sterily (best in a glovebox) and its just a pain when doing it alot. Your only doing a few so it wouldnt be so bad..but still I mean over all time your looking at waiting for the first jar to colonize (like 7-10 days) then grain to grain transfer and wait for them to colonize which will be another 7-10 days (depending on how much spawn you use) instead of just injecting them all and they're all done in 7-10 days.

You have liquid culture so I'm unsure as to why you wouldnt use it? Liquid culture never runs out or down, you just inject fresh karo water (or whatever water and nutrient you used) in and suck out what you inject..the mycelium will consume the new stuff and replace what you took out. It's not like by only injecting 1 jar you'll be saving anything. Plus your already going through the trouble of getting the liquid myc into the syringe and injecting one jar, why not stick a hole in 5 more. 2-3cc's I've found works best but down to 1cc works fine too.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3250841 - 10/13/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. Liquid is the way to go. You can also try this instead of the bandaid. Go to the store next time you go to get bandaids and get earplugs instead. You can get a big box pretty cheap. If you get the right type it should be self molding and will expand at a good rate. Put a needle through it to have a starter hole. You then drill a hole in the lid slightly smaller than the earplug. Put the earplug in that hole. Now after PCing and all you should be able to put your needle through the earplug and when you go to pull it out it will close in on itself before the needle is even out. I am still doing further test before reporting the results and righting a tek, but you can try it if you like.

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What do you prefer....transfer or direct innoc? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3250882 - 10/13/04 03:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting idea...the only problem could possibly contams. I don't know what kind of barrier it would offer and many different trials would need to be done (unless someone knows what its made of and if it would barrier against something as small as spores) to make sure it would be sound enough to be a tek. You may have a sterile house and so a few jars might not contam, but others might and might not relize its from that.

Have you PC'ed them and gotten a needle through them afterwords yet? They don't harden or anything?

That's a bit more of a pain though, cause you still need other holes with polyfil (which I don't like for jars) in them or tyvek but then the earplug would be in the way of the tyvek.. I don't think the earplus itself would be enough for good air exchange.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale