Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: yogabunny] * 2
    #17517540 -

yogabunny said:
The difference is you consider a fetus to be a living, breathing human being, even though it is scientifically and legally NOT. 






I do not think that has been proven scientifically, isnt it a matter of opinion at this point. And legally? Really? The government says it is ok so that makes it right. The government also says alcohol and tobacco is fine for people to use, but mushrooms, cannabis, and LSD, are deadly and will ruin your life. I would not go by what legislation says on the issue

And that is not to say you made the wrong decision or anything like that. I agree with you in that a child should be brought up with 2 loving parents who do not fight. Although I do think a wonderful child can still be raised by one loving parent.

I am a libra so it is hard for me to stay on one side of an issue. My sign is the scales so I balance in the middle going back and forth, seeing both sides.

It seems like you made the right decision for you and that is what really matters anyway


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #17517870 -

I'm a libra too, so I can relate.  I value fairness and diplomacy and am strongly offended by injustice and cruelty.

I see your point, and admit that ultimately the most important part of this (and any) decision is what is right and true for each individual.  As far as I am concerned though, it is not a matter of opinion whether a fetus is or is not a "living, breathing, human being" as BooBooKittyFuck keeps saying.


:shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: yogabunny]
    #17517956 -

If your gonna quote me get it right, never said breathing. But you can never say something isn't a living human if its heart is beating. I'm not trying to guilt anyone just stating what I beleive just as the rest of you have been able to state what you all believe. Funny though your trying to make it out to be that I'm "trolling" or "Guilting" or whatnot. I already told that person what I wished to tell them, the rest of what I have been saying has been in response to what others here are trying to claim is fact when it isn't. But I see how it seems to go around here quite often, it's all good :smile:
Didn't mean to bunch anyones britches I just have strong feelings and opinions on these matters is all.
Not everyone will agree on everything all the time and I can accept that.


--------------------
Spend your days doing nothing but foolishness and that is exactly what will be produced.
In the end, nothing is all you'll have and it will be only you at fault. Reap what you sow.

Sig by: Tmethyl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: BooBooKittyFuck]
    #17518084 -

BooBooKittyFuck said:
If your gonna quote me get it right, never said breathing. But you can never say something isn't a living human if its heart is beating.



Actually you can.  And I would.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #17518124 -

BooBooKittyFuck said:
If your gonna quote me get it right, never said breathing. But you can never say something isn't a living human if its heart is beating.



Plenty of non-humans have beating hearts, including most mammals. We kill living, breathing animals with beating hearts all the time and it's no big deal but apparently terminating a developing organism that can't live outside of the body it's parasiting off is?


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: JoieDeVivre] * 3
    #17518180 -

No one should kill an acorn.

Because it could, you know, like, totally become a tree or something.

:cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17518185 -

JoieDeVivre said:
BooBooKittyFuck said:
If your gonna quote me get it right, never said breathing. But you can never say something isn't a living human if its heart is beating.



Plenty of non-humans have beating hearts, including most mammals. We kill living, breathing animals with beating hearts all the time and it's no big deal but apparently terminating a developing organism that can't live outside of the body it's parasiting off is?



Watch out, you're breakdown her arguments, she's going to start calling you names and saying you're a murderer soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: <span>Re: man, got<span id="dtx-highlighting-item" dtx-highlight-backgroundcolor="lime"> my </span>girlfriend pregnant....</span> [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #17518219 -

pwnasaurus said:
JoieDeVivre said:
BooBooKittyFuck said:
If your gonna quote me get it right, never said breathing. But you can never say something isn't a living human if its heart is beating.



Plenty of non-humans have beating hearts, including most mammals. We kill living, breathing animals with beating hearts all the time and it's no big deal but apparently terminating a developing organism that can't live outside of the body it's parasiting off is?



Watch out, you're breakdown her arguments, she's going to start calling you names and saying you're a murderer soon.




I don't call names. I'm not like MOST of the people here are. I would also never call a baby a damn parasite that's just harsh. And animals are killed for food, so that point is invalid when it comes to killing an innocent baby just because people want to spread their legs and then not have to deal with what that causes. People are just too f-ing lazy to do what they have to , to prevent pregnancy. I can agree to disagree on why people should or shouldn't abort but when it comes to facts, well facts are facts no matter whether you or I disagree with them.


--------------------
Spend your days doing nothing but foolishness and that is exactly what will be produced.
In the end, nothing is all you'll have and it will be only you at fault. Reap what you sow.

Sig by: Tmethyl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: BooBooKittyFuck] * 1
    #17518303 -

BooBooKittyFuck said:
If your gonna quote me get it right, never said breathing. But you can never say something isn't a living human if its heart is beating. I'm not trying to guilt anyone just stating what I beleive just as the rest of you have been able to state what you all believe. Funny though your trying to make it out to be that I'm "trolling" or "Guilting" or whatnot. I already told that person what I wished to tell them, the rest of what I have been saying has been in response to what others here are trying to claim is fact when it isn't. But I see how it seems to go around here quite often, it's all good :smile:
Didn't mean to bunch anyones britches I just have strong feelings and opinions on these matters is all.
Not everyone will agree on everything all the time and I can accept that.




My bad on misquoting you.   

:bunnypeace:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: <span>Re: man, got<span id="dtx-highlighting-item" dtx-highlight-backgroundcolor="lime"> my </span>girlfriend pregnant....</span> [Re: BooBooKittyFuck]
    #17518369 -

BooBooKittyFuck said:
I don't call names. I'm not like MOST of the people here are. I would also never call a baby a damn parasite that's just harsh. And animals are killed for food, so that point is invalid when it comes to killing an innocent baby just because people want to spread their legs and then not have to deal with what that causes. People are just too f-ing lazy to do what they have to , to prevent pregnancy. I can agree to disagree on why people should or shouldn't abort but when it comes to facts, well facts are facts no matter whether you or I disagree with them.



You're being so obtuse, closed minded, one sided and offensive that it's hard to respond to you in a way that is respectful. I wouldn't be surprised if "MOST of the people on here" responded to you in a much harsher way. :shrug:

It's not a baby. A fetus meets the definition of a parasitic relationship. Also, it's not about people in this situation "spreading their legs," do you not see how judgemental and bitchy saying that makes you sound? You're being so incredibly insensitive and condescending about an incredibly personal topic, a hugely difficult decision and situation in a person's life. Many people are in a great relationship and they are obviously very likely and totally within their rights as humans to consummate that relationship in any way they please. Even when you're being safe and using some form of birth control, accidents happen and people make mistakes. Not everyone whose life doesn't go as planned  has troubles because they are "too f-ing lazy." These people have to deal with their mistakes in any way they please, including abortion. You said earlier that early abortions are fine but now you're suggesting basically that a fetus turns into a baby at some point while it's still in the womb? You're making completely arbitrary, unscientific moral distinctions here and acting like you're spouting "facts."


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: <span>Re: man, got<span id="dtx-highlighting-item" dtx-highlight-backgroundcolor="lime"> my </span>girlfriend pregnant....</span> [Re: yogabunny]
    #17518411 -

No, what I said was IF you read the rest of the post was after the heart has developed and is beating it IS a living human-baby/fetus. I'm not trying to be rude but not spreading your legs is what it boils down to, there are hundreds of types of contraception out there and if they do not work there is the morning after pill that works for up to 72 hrs. But instead of going and getting that pill which is free at a lot of places mind you, they would rather wait until they find out their pregnant to do something about it.
It is hard though because I do believe very strongly in not aborting for damn near no reason but I also believe everything happens for a reason and if it was meant to be then it would be. So who knows :confused:
Also, no one merits being called the names I have been called for literally no reason. If the thread was still there I would show you. I'm sure I can be easily called a bitch yes, but anything more? No.


--------------------
Spend your days doing nothing but foolishness and that is exactly what will be produced.
In the end, nothing is all you'll have and it will be only you at fault. Reap what you sow.

Sig by: Tmethyl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: Keru]
    #17518481 -

JoieDeVivre said:
You're being so obtuse, closed minded, one sided and offensive that it's hard to respond to you in a way that is respectful. I wouldn't be surprised if "MOST of the people on here" responded to you in a much harsher way. :shrug:






couldn't have said it better myself.





Keru said:
No one should kill an acorn.

Because it could, you know, like, totally become a tree or something.

:cookiemonster:




:sexymeow:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: yogabunny] * 3
    #17518690 -

I put little value on human life, and in fact I think there is too much human life. I am not emotionally hurt by people dying or being hurt unless they are someone close to me. I am very unsympathetic but very empathetic. I am honest and I do not care what you think of me.

To have an abortion, no matter which stage the abortion is performed, is the erasing of a human, or possible human life assuming the pregnancy was a success.

Once the process has begun, the semen reaches the egg, stopping that process is stopping a life, a life which could have benefited the world, a life which could have been someones best friend, or the best mother or father ever. A life which could have discovered absolute free energy, and so on. Or it could have been a life which murdered and raped. Nobody will know, but that doesn't matter.

Stopping the process which you caused, knowing full well that your action could have resulted in a child, is killing a human life.
If there is one thing I would request of all mothers considering abortion it would be to let the child live until you get to know him or her, give them a chance. Look into their eyes first, do not kill them before they get a chance to look into yours.

The process it's self is what creates a child, it doesn't matter what stage of development the fetus is at, if you stop the process, you kill a potential human; your potential child. I see nothing worth arguing over, stopping the process which creates a child, is erasing a child. There is no way around that. I think there is a some justification going on in here, some guilt maybe...

It's not OK to stop children from developing. Call the fetus a "thing", claim that it's not human until it's 'this old' claim that because it doesn't 'feel' yet that it's OK to murder it. I think the truth is either evading you, or you're evading the truth.


--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: Tmethyl]
    #17518726 -

:beatadeadhorse:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: yogabunny] * 1
    #17518751 -

yogabunny said:
BooBooKittyFuck said:
I like how you judge people. You do not know me. I do not think it's right to kill a living human being no matter your excuses or reasoning behind it. You claim that because people do not remember anything from the womb that is reasoning for killing a baby? Do you remember anything from infancy or even toddler? Oh, you dont? So it would have been ok to smother you then? I think not.
Funny cause I could make a few judgments in here my self but I don't. I would never go hold up signs at any place for any reason. If this person had a genuine reason for not wanting to keep this baby then I could see their point. But his girl already has a kid and they are raising it just fine apparently, so what's the big excuse for not having this one?
What because it puts a cramp in their situation or because they may not have extra money to spend on themselves or whatnot? So instead people use the whole "I wouldn't be able to give this child the home it deserves" I could understand that statement as well IF you were lets see, homeless,on welfare, no job, addicted to drugs, etc.




I also think it's not right to kill a living human being no matter the excuses or reasoning behind it.

The difference is you consider a fetus to be a living, breathing human being, even though it is scientifically and legally NOT. 

Also I am not judging you, so there's no need to be defensive.  I didn't say YOU hold up signs, I said people like you, like people who have the same opinions.  And, yet, the first opportunity you had in this thread you posted a gratuitous story likening abortion to murdering a 2 year old child in cold blood, in an attempt to make the OP feel guilty and ashamed.  These are the exact tactics they use as you're walking into the clinic. 

Women and their partners have the right to choose what they want to do with regards to pregnancy in this country and they should be able to do so without being bullied and harassed by people who don't agree.



I like how you split hairs to support a completely sick and demented position.  I bet you would have been on the side of euthanasia in Nazi Germany.  After all, retarded people aren't living real lives so depriving them of theirs isn't the same as that of a thinking, rational human being.  Where does it end?  No matter how you try to justify it, you are justifying the most reprehensible conduct possible for human beings to be engaged in and you and I both know that two wrongs don't make a right.  Just because you did it doesn't make it okay for someone else.  shame on you yogabunny.  Do you also ask people to PM you for advice on how to commit suicide or how to take the life of someone whose life has become less than meaningful in your judgment?


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: mpd] * 2
    #17518798 -

mpd said:
I like how you split hairs to support a completely sick and demented position.  I bet you would have been on the side of euthanasia in Nazi Germany.  After all, retarded people aren't living real lives so depriving them of theirs isn't the same as that of a thinking, rational human being.  Where does it end?  No matter how you try to justify it, you are justifying the most reprehensible conduct possible for human beings to be engaged in and you and I both know that two wrongs don't make a right.  Just because you did it doesn't make it okay for someone else.  shame on you yogabunny.  Do you also ask people to PM you for advice on how to commit suicide or how to take the life of someone whose life has become less than meaningful in your judgment?



:niggawhat:


this is so far beyond on the realm of rational thought i can't really tell if you're trolling or serious, or which would be worse.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: yogabunny]
    #17518880 -

yogabunny said:
:sexymeow:



I'll bite you, stranger.

:wizard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: mpd] * 1
    #17518900 -

Tmethyl said:
Once the process has begun, the semen reaches the egg, stopping that process is stopping a life, a life which could have benefited the world, a life which could have been someones best friend, or the best mother or father ever. A life which could have discovered absolute free energy, and so on. Or it could have been a life which murdered and raped. Nobody will know, but that doesn't matter.

Stopping the process which you caused, knowing full well that your action could have resulted in a child, is killing a human life.
If there is one thing I would request of all mothers considering abortion it would be to let the child live until you get to know him or her, give them a chance. Look into their eyes first, do not kill them before they get a chance to look into yours.

The process it's self is what creates a child, it doesn't matter what stage of development the fetus is at, if you stop the process, you kill a potential human; your potential child. I see nothing worth arguing over, stopping the process which creates a child, is erasing a child. There is no way around that. I think there is a some justification going on in here, some guilt maybe...




Your argument is riddled with logical fallacies. Arguing about how it could be someone's "best friend" or "discover free energy" is dishonest.
Why did you decide the process starts when the semen touches the egg? Why doesn't the process start at sex.  That would be a more logical spot. How did you decide this is the magical spot where a child begins? It certainly isn't based on science. So what is it based on?


mpd said:
I like how you split hairs to support a completely sick and demented position.  I bet you would have been on the side of euthanasia in Nazi Germany.  After all, retarded people aren't living real lives so depriving them of theirs isn't the same as that of a thinking, rational human being.  Where does it end?  No matter how you try to justify it, you are justifying the most reprehensible conduct possible for human beings to be engaged in and you and I both know that two wrongs don't make a right.  Just because you did it doesn't make it okay for someone else.  shame on you yogabunny.  Do you also ask people to PM you for advice on how to commit suicide or how to take the life of someone whose life has become less than meaningful in your judgment?



:braindamage:


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: yogabunny] * 1
    #17518905 -

yogabunny said:
mpd said:
I like how you split hairs to support a completely sick and demented position.  I bet you would have been on the side of euthanasia in Nazi Germany.  After all, retarded people aren't living real lives so depriving them of theirs isn't the same as that of a thinking, rational human being.  Where does it end?  No matter how you try to justify it, you are justifying the most reprehensible conduct possible for human beings to be engaged in and you and I both know that two wrongs don't make a right.  Just because you did it doesn't make it okay for someone else.  shame on you yogabunny.  Do you also ask people to PM you for advice on how to commit suicide or how to take the life of someone whose life has become less than meaningful in your judgment?



:niggawhat:


this is so far beyond on the realm of rational thought i can't really tell if you're trolling or serious, or which would be worse.



that's what happens when reality intrudes - it has a way of being harsh.  Decisions have consequences and once you start down the slippery slope of playing God reasonable people have the right to question your motives.


--------------------
There is no truer calling for mankind than that of true conservatism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: man, got my girlfriend pregnant.... [Re: Keru] * 1
    #17518990 -

I think it's super cute how you refer to yourself as reasonable, after you insinuated that i would have been a nazi and probably advocate killing mentally challenged human beings because i've had an abortion.

:rofldrunk:

there's no guilt in this thread aside from that which you and BooBooKittyFuck are trying to project onto everyone who does not share your views, btw.


:bunnypeace:





Keru said:
yogabunny said:
:sexymeow:



I'll bite you, stranger.

:wizard:




this noob is feisty, i like it!

:bunny:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Marijuana and pregnancy. Just some facts. blissedout 1,993 6 10/08/05 03:56 AM
by danksistah
* .
( 1 2 3 all )
z_x_x_z 6,297 56 11/14/07 12:37 AM
by AtPeace
* Marijuana use during conception results in failed pregnancy VoidOfsPg 2,296 14 08/03/06 12:06 AM
by absolute zero
* Possible Pregnant girlfriend???
( 1 2 3 all )
Hitman203 3,700 40 08/14/06 07:20 PM
by massbmx
* weed and pregnancy
( 1 2 3 all )
rubixcubies 6,968 40 02/18/07 03:11 AM
by Brainiac
* 13% of girls at one Ohio high school are pregnant RandalFlagg 1,417 11 08/24/05 12:08 AM
by Wysefool
* Pregnant MEN........... niteowl 1,365 9 03/09/05 08:33 PM
by Locus
* Pregnant
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
blink 6,725 86 09/22/05 08:20 PM
by MOTH

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
11,605 topic views. 4 members, 212 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.