Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
legality
    #1751031 - 07/26/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

where is it completely legal to grow shrooms to your hearts content? weed?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: legality [Re: 1stimer]
    #1751039 - 07/26/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Amsterdam!

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: legality [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1751054 - 07/26/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Canada?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
    #1751108 - 07/26/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Canada you can grow magic mushrooms and have them fresh but once they are dried they are illegal

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Loc: Canada
Re: legality [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1751142 - 07/26/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Belgium.

--------------------
"To arrive at the edge of the world's knowledge, seek out the most complex and sophisticated minds, put them in a room together, and have them ask each other the questions they are asking themselves."

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
    #1751147 - 07/26/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Are you positive this is correct?

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

OfflineMrUnorthadox
The FungusAgmonst Us

Loc: The Universe, MilkyWay Ga...
Re: legality [Re: Dionysus]
    #1751148 - 07/26/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ANTARTICA!!!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: legality [Re: MrUnorthadox]
    #1751151 - 07/26/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

on the moon

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
    #1751159 - 07/26/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybin_monkey said:
Canada you can grow magic mushrooms and have them fresh but once they are dried they are illegal

Are you sure this is correct? I have never heard of this,only in the UK and i think amsterdam.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: legality [Re: GregHimself]
    #1751187 - 07/26/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think it is correct. I have heard the same thing.

--------------------
"To arrive at the edge of the world's knowledge, seek out the most complex and sophisticated minds, put them in a room together, and have them ask each other the questions they are asking themselves."

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: legality [Re: Dionysus]
    #1751208 - 07/26/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In Amsterdam you can grow and have fresh shrooms but the dried stuff is ILLEGAL!
Even though you can easily find dried shrooms in the shops there.

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: legality [Re: Hamurabi]
    #1751218 - 07/26/03 05:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeh, I don't think it's legal in dried form anywhere.
Conserning the US, the laws are different in each state (California being the harshest).
The legality of shrooms in Australia would be worth looking into.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1751227 - 07/26/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i think the canada bit may be correct but probably won't be for long...

the netherlands?

i've read that in spain, all drugs are decriminalized...

also, if you live in a less developed country, the authorities don't bother with that sort of stuff. i know someone who lives in guyana. she says you can pretty much do whatever you want.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: legality [Re: ]
    #1751306 - 07/26/03 06:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"i think the canada bit may be correct but probably won't be for long..."

and why not?
I fucking hope not , and if it happens I will be pissed, I already find it amazing that in Canada I cant have dried mushies at home without being a criminal

think about that , mushies mkae you criminal?

what the fuck, people can pop prozac(garbage) valium, smoke tobacco, drink until they become an alcoholic SO BAD they cant sit straight in a chair when they DONT have alcohol

AND I CANT DO MY OWN SHROOMS, OR WEED

well at least when it come to Cannabis, I wont have to wait much longer , I hope!!!! http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2955.html

this case is it fellow canadians get ready to smoke a fattie when the word comes down!!

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: legality [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1751434 - 07/26/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you already can smoke a fatty in canada. they are actually in the process of recriminalizing it.

--------------------

Offlinesnowy
Stranger
    #1751559 - 07/26/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think it once was legal to possess and grow mushrooms (undried) in canada in the past but just about a year ago i checked up on it. I had the laws in writing saying that it was illegal to have magic mushrooms of any kind.

maybe this has changed since then??? i hope...

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: legality [Re: snowy]
    #1752076 - 07/26/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah I'm sure that is the law in canada and they were going to change the law to the same as the USA law but that was in 1997 and as far as I know they are not trying to change it any more.(but I could be wrong about them still trying to change it)

here's a link for some laws
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_law.shtml

Legality
Here's a list of the places we know about. Much of this is 'off the net' and may thus be more or less flawed. "Y" means it is legal, "N" means it is illegal, "?" means their status is unclear.

A: Possession of fresh mushrooms
B: Possession of dried mushrooms
C: Possession of mushroom spores
D: Cultures at mycelium stage
E: Cultures at mushroom stage

Noted
Austria
Y ? Y Y Y
Mushrooms are considered decorative plants and unless attempts to extract psilocybin are made, they should remain legal.
Canada
Y N Y Y Y
If Bill C-7 passes, possession of fresh mushrooms and cultures will become illegal.
Great Britain
Y Y Y Y N
A legislative quirk allows the possession of "naturally dried" (sun-dried) shrooms.
The Netherlands
Y N Y Y Y
Even the sale of fresh mushrooms is legal. See "Growing Mushrooms" for addresses.
United States
(California)
N N N N N
Spores and cultures are explicitly forbidden by CA Health & Safety Code Section 11391.
United States
(Florida)
Y N Y Y N
Possession of fresh mushroom if picked "accidentally" (low quantities) is allowed.
United States
(Oregon)
Y N Y Y N
Even allowing mushrooms to grow on your property is (theoretically) illegal.
United States
(Federal)
N N Y Y N
State laws take precedence over Federal law in the U.S., so this may not apply.
International
Y N Y Y N
This is the United Nations standard and most nations follow it.

These laws are based on a balance between the UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances, which makes psilocybin and psilocin illegal, and recognition of the fact that the substances occur in nature. For each category:
Fresh shrooms: The basic idea is that since shrooms grow in nature, it'd be silly to arrest grannies who happen to have a few growing in their backyard, or who pick them by accident. This hasn't stopped most of the US (except Florida) from banning them entirely. Of course, if you are caught with 3000 Str. cubensis, you'll have a hard time claiming you picked them by "accident".
Dry shrooms: Usually taken as proof of intent to consume, and thus illegal. In Britain, "naturally dried" shrooms are legal, ie. if you leave them on a windowsill by 'accident' it's OK.
Shroom spores: Spores contain no psilocybin or psilocin and thus are not covered by regulations - except in California.
Cultures before shrooms appear: Same as above, usually. Advanced mycelia do contain psilocybin and psilocin. With the rice cake method you can grow until the mycelia are complete and then eat the cakes; this way you can trip without ever being in possession of shrooms.
Cultures after shrooms appear: Clear intent to consume, and you'll probably get charged with possession with intent to sell as well. However! In some more liberal countries, such as Finland, you might be able to argue that the mushrooms were grown for decorative (ha!) or research purposes. Do not count on it.

Mushroom hunting is another issue. On public property, hunting itself is not illegal, but you're not likely to run into cows in national parks either. =) Some countries like Finland have the legal concept of "everyman's right" which allows, among other things, picking mushrooms on private property, except on fields which once again makes things tricky. But unless you live in a notorious shroom zone - some areas of Florida and South Wales come to mind - the odds of getting hassled by farmers, much less getting caught by the police, are practically zero.

If you are caught by the cops, expect to be charged with trespassing and possession of controlled substances. Unless large quantities are involved, you will probably get by with probation and/or a fine. If caught in Florida, you can cite the state laws and have the possession charge reduced or dropped entirely.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Edited by Psilocybin_monkey (07/27/03 01:17 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract