Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Hajnal]
    #17021399 -

If you mean sennheiser 280s, i got a pair on now :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17021443 -

Sony MDR-XB500, cost like $50. Best headphones I've ever had, but I've never had really nice ones. :shrug:

Will eventually upgrade, but they are comfy as hell and still work.



--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: The Phleg]
    #17021453 -

Mine ran me about $175... totally worth it though. Holy fuck is the quality insane. If you ever have the money I highly suggest throwing down on some quality DJ headphones... I started hearing elements in music I never knew existed.


--------------------
Hajnal ['hɒjnɒl] - An elegant mixture of blood and circuitry; sorrow and love fill your systems, like the stars and black holes encompass the ∞.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: The Phleg]
    #17021456 -

weiurd, why do the cups look diff in that pic from left to right side... left looks like it has depth and right side looks flat... wtf ?

left side does look comfy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: islanduniverse]
    #17021472 -

Probably just needs some fluffing. The ear cushions are like pillows, really soft, plump pillows. I can wear them all day long, and I do.


--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #17021512 -

Anyone ever heard holophonic sounds?
They are great with sennheisers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: The Phleg]
    #17021526 -

Oh nevermind what I just said, I see what you're saying. The one's one the left are the actual cup. No idea what's up with the photo.


--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: The Phleg]
    #17021660 -

CX500.  I can't stand wearing anything on my head for prolonged periods of time (hats, glasses, etc.) it just drives me nuts.  I can have these in my ear without any sensation on my head so it works.


--------------------
Earth gets colder every day
If scientists could have their way
They'd study us from far away
And watch as people's minds decay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Psychasthenia]
    #17021701 -

imho i would like some more bass with my HD 280s

the highs and mids are crystal clear tho no doubt


--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: The Phleg]
    #17021711 -

pyrate999 said:
Sony MDR-XB500, cost like $50. Best headphones I've ever had, but I've never had really nice ones. :shrug:

Will eventually upgrade, but they are comfy as hell and still work.





I think the ones on the right are xb300's which is the brand I own... and not really a fan of. Definitely going to get HD 280's though when i get the extra cash


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: danlennon3]
    #17021747 -

also my hd212s sit ON my ears, not completely cups... that is why they get sore after prolonged use... need serious circumaural cups... the bass and frequency response is quite good though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Rafiikii]
    #17021749 -

Rafiikii said:
imho i would like some more bass with my HD 280s

the highs and mids are crystal clear tho no doubt



Just EQ them that way. The frequency response is supposed to be mostly flat - with producing/monitoring in mind.


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17022106 -

Soulidarity said:
i don't know what a tube amp is, but i use a Fiio E6 pocket amplifier.



I had a FiiO portable amp for my headphones that really wasn't that great coupled together. The amp is pretty popular and well regarded, but I had also read multiple accounts that it wasn't really productive with my headphones. It pumped out a slight bit of bass more than without it, but not enough to bother carrying around. Unfortunately I broke it while traveling, because the amp was fine and it only cost like 10 bucks or so with Amazon Prime and there were other headphones I tried it out with that it made a noticeable difference. I dunno what I'm even trying to say. They make reasonable and affordable portable amps I guess, but look into whether or not having one with your headphones is worth it before buying if you're trying to maximize money spent into the sound you get. Head-Fi usually has a little tid-bit about whether or not a specific headphone model is improved or not with amps.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17022121 -

Sennheiser FTW! :highfive:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: jewunit]
    #17022124 -

yeah i agree, twig knows alot about sound and accoustics adn stuff, and he said really theres not much real benefit to be gained from using a pocket amp on most amateur headphones.


one thing to keep in mind though with the fiio E6, is you need the L9 cable to get a better sound out of it. it's hard to explain and i'm not sure of how to explain it correctly myself, but i was reading that using just ipod aux--> e6--> headphones, doesnt get as much of an amplification or doesn't make as big of a difference, when compared to ipod L9--> E6--> headphones.

they made that improvement on it on purpose from the E5, because the E5 was just aux connection and people were saying it wasnt an effective design or something.


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17022317 -

technic 1200 something i can't remember.



i got them for free.  They're pretty loud and have pretty good sub.  uh very little "soundstage" imo.  i dunno anything above bass is a little flat.  i just like that its loud.
they're built like absolute tanks.  I think i've had these for something insane like 4-5 years.  I break shit all the time, and these things are very well built.

when they eventually do break, seinhessiers without a doubt for me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: teamkiller]
    #17022327 -

yeah dude i highly recommend the senns, i am really amazed with how good the hd280s sound with the E6 pocket amp. this new set of headphones has really just taken things to the next level. you can notice soo much more in songs you listen to.

and its not really all that expensive, a paiir of hd280s only really costs like $80-$100.


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #17022386 -

pwnasaurus said:
jewunit said:
Audio Technica MD50s.
I really wish I had the coiled cord though.
And white, those are sick.


I like my nice speakers way more though. It's really not even close to me.



I have these as well.  I don't have nice speakers... yet.



These are pretty much universally accepted as the best value headphones you can get.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Soulidarity]
    #17022546 -

Soulidarity said:
very impressive sound so far! has the wonderful bass that i've come to know a sennheiser's hallmark. i'm already impressed with the sound while listening without the cans being burned in, or connecting it to a pocket amplifier. and the sound is only going to get better :gameover:


what cans do you have??



What...

I have the same ones. They are a bit tight sometimes physically. They don't block as much sound as I would like. Have you burned in yet??? Also, I listen with a sound card that has it's own headphone preamp or whatever (I can't listen to headphones and speakers at same time, it switches the thingies on the card, yes, I am very technical at this late hour).

Good headphones? I have a $200 Xonar Essence STX card so basically it can make shit logitech phones sound nice. I just got these for the sound blocking without actually having to get noise cancelling cans.

These - I am afraid of the crappy cheap plastic - needs metal....but so far the cord hasn't been ripped out or anything. The coiled cord is also nice.

Also know you can put some putty on the inside if you google 280 bass mod. If you don't think there is enough bass already.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just got a new pair of HD 280s [Re: Rafiikii]
    #17022551 -

Rafiikii said:
imho i would like some more bass with my HD 280s

the highs and mids are crystal clear tho no doubt



See my post above,  you can just open the cans and add some putty for more bass. It's easy. Google it :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best Type of Headphones?
( 1 2 3 all )
vitadura 6,466 55 06/27/09 07:16 PM
by joe Biggs
* looking for advice on a new pair of headphones Dosile Kouki 602 11 05/28/10 06:23 AM
by Dosile Kouki
* Recommend to me a pair of headphones
( 1 2 all )
WScott 3,741 25 04/26/10 11:57 PM
by YellowDesertSun
* What type of headphones do you have? (caution: ignoring post will result in dui)
( 1 2 3 all )
World Spirit 6,088 58 01/10/10 07:47 PM
by DeathCompany
* The only thing wrong with these Sennheiser headphones SuperD 621 7 02/08/08 08:59 AM
by SuperD
* headphones
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 2,839 36 11/27/09 09:58 PM
by llliiijjj
* Photoshop contest! win a pair of 100 dollar headphones!!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
mikeytro 7,840 116 04/18/08 02:14 PM
by AScannerDarkly
* best headphones for the money?
( 1 2 all )
pfxtc 2,982 26 02/21/14 07:11 AM
by unknown1123

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,057 topic views. 3 members, 11 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.