Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflubbilynumpkins
Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

Loc: Inside Your Pencil
Airing of Cakes *UPDATE* *PIC*
    #1689628 - 07/06/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hello, a friend of mine has 4 full pint cakes of Australians. They were fully colonized then moved into poorman's (large soda bottles) terrariums. Humidity is high (water collecting on the insides) and temps are at a little less than room temp. They are being aired at least twice, sometimes three times per day and receiving about an hour of indirect sunlight every two days.

The trouble is, it's been about two and a half weeks and yet no signs of pinning :frown: The cakes themselves seem to be doing fine (no contams) and my friend is wondering if maybe he should be airing them more due to small space? Or should he try cold shockin them?

any help would be greatly appreciated 

Edited by flubbilynumpkins (08/06/03 04:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: Airing of Cakes [Re: flubbilynumpkins]
    #1689702 - 07/06/03 08:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Dude my bud is in his first grow too. So he doesent know alot but from reading on this page he told me you need more like 4 hrs of indirect light a day,

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
    #1689808 - 07/06/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah it sounds like they are not getting enough light to start pinning. when i try to fruit a project I usually give mine 24/7 light and 12 hours of light at a minimum. do the cakes seem dry at all? because if they do you can dunk them and cold shock them at the same time and this for me has always caused pins to form up within 3 days and usually within 24 hours of putting them in the terrarium after being dunked

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

Offlineflubbilynumpkins
Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

Re: Airing of Cakes [Re: mushroomspoon]
    #1689878 - 07/06/03 10:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My friend thanks you guys very much. He is going to dunk two of them and expose all to more light. If the dunked cakes form pins then he will dunk the other two. The advice is greatly appreciated. :thumbup: 

Offlineflubbilynumpkins
Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

#1693257 - 07/07/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

YEy, so, my friend decided to dunk all the cakes and have them in a minifridge for about 13 hours. Then he moved them back into their respective terrariums.  Upon inspection this morning, one had been contaminated :tongue: The whole top was bluesh greenish and he decided to dispose of it. The other three appear to being doing well, and seem very healthy, hopefully since they were in different jars during dunking they won't also egt contaminated. They are recieving lots of indirect sunlight now and he's hoping for the best, thanks for the help he said :grin: 

OfflineYeti_009
CryptoZoologicalAnimal

Loc: I. D.idnt A.sk H.ow O.ld
    #1693267 - 07/07/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I bet that that wasnt contamination... It was more than likely just bruising from handleing the cake.. Is the cake gone? if not smell it.. You WILL know if its contaminated..
Dont worry about bruising.. its all good
Hope this helps.. dont throw them out till you are FO SHO!

Offlineflubbilynumpkins
Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

Re: Airing of Cakes [Re: Yeti_009]
    #1693831 - 07/07/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, that was the first thing he did was smell it. The smell was not like the other cakes, it smelled rather bad. That and that it was more green than blue led him to believe it was contam. It was also not in a spot where the cake was handled, making it less likely to be bruising. Thanks for the concern, but the last he thing would want to do would be to get rid of a cake that wasn't really contaminated.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1693871 - 07/07/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

don't use soda bottles, buy a large clear rubbermaid bin. makes life easier.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlineflubbilynumpkins
Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

Re: Airing of Cakes [Re: soochi]
    #1785823 - 08/06/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

*UPDATE*

Well, my friend did buy a rubber maid and a light, but  because of certain circumstances he decided to hold off growing for a little while. Now there's no way he was going to just dump these cakes, so he threw them in some pots where he was growing peppers. This was at least a month ago. He had almost forgotten them today when he went outside, and then, what did his eyes behold, but a big clump of beautiful babies popping up. Needless to say, it was one of his happiest moments :smile:

Only 25 grams wet and drying as we speak, but it was his first fruiting :smile:

Bust out the champagne and cigars!

Wow, he still can't believe how beautiful they are, the coloring awesome. Lol, ok, enough joyous ranting :smile: :laugh: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds