Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
x
    #16900747 -

x


--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/08/16 04:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16900753 -

Yeah - of course you have no idea how they can help you, otherwise you'd have fixed it already.

Take it easy.

Simplify.

Whether it's day or night where you out, go outside and relax, don't desire anything, just be another simple creation of nature. Don't even be that. Simple simple simple.

Don't aspire anymore, just go outside and realise you have it all.

btw. I am / was / can be in that situation.


--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
x [Re: circastes]
    #16900772 -

x


--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/08/16 04:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16900801 -

Sounds terrible, mate. I've had depression too, although it doesn't seem to be quite as bad as you describe yours. Have you ever taken an anti-depressant? I suffered for years - and I'm a psychiatric nurse! - denying that I was depressed, that I was just stressed etc, before I thought "screw this, I can't go on like it" and went to see my doctor. He prescribed 20mg Mirtazipine and it really worked a treat.
Now, a lot of folk have some sort of antipathy for psychiatric medications, sometimes with good reason - side effects etc - but often its just a knee jerk reaction (I had it, ie "it's not for me"). But the truth is they CAN be very helpful to people, if used correctly.
And since you're posting on a MM forum, I presume that you are not averse to at least occasionaly using psychedelic chemicals to alter your state of mind, so, in a way, what's the difference. Talking therapy is good too, but the "symptoms" you're describing will/may  probably not be hugely helped by such.
Caveat: don't get sucked into just taking pills as an approach to your health. Be mindful of the effects and take control. When you have your motivation back make sure you don't just re-establish old patterns, even if they feel comfortable. Push yourself. Be creative. Go for it.
Hope my two penny's worth may have been a little helpful.
Hope you feel better soon.
Peace.


--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
x [Re: Schopenhauer]
    #16900827 -

x


--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/08/16 04:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16900873 -

Using OC's argument as a basis, maybe your experience is because you have it too easy, and that the shock to the system provided by the reality of adulthood will change your chemistry. I don't care for the argument but do you think it has merit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
x [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #16900931 -

x


--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/08/16 04:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16900950 -

Sounds to me like you are a prime candidate for anti-depressants. Has your doctor discussed such a regimen with you? Are you willing to explore that alternative?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #16900952 -

I don't know if you know this guy,
Fernando Lamas (Billy Crystal),
but I remember thinking he was full of shit,
while I carried my timeless and eternal personal darkness around with me like some kind of artful treasure...

let your mind penetrate this to see the underlying wisdom.




the essence of this is it is far far better in this world to look good than to feel good.

(I have to add, you will actually feel better if you do look good)

so if you are getting too complicated about your feelings, you might want to take a page out of Fernando Lamas' book and put the same effort into your grooming, your attire, your posture, and diction, and then baby, you will look marvelous!


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16901095 -

Infinitys Minute said:
I've never had antidepressants or similar.
I have huge prejudice against them and am afraid of side effects or of losing myself in them... or of them affecting me negatively in a way I can't really see from my perspective. Perhaps I should just suck it up and try out some antidepressants after all.

Schopenhauer said:
Talking therapy is good too, but the "symptoms" you're describing will/may  probably not be hugely helped by such.
Caveat: don't get sucked into just taking pills as an approach to your health. Be mindful of the effects and take control. When you have your motivation back make sure you don't just re-establish old patterns, even if they feel comfortable. Push yourself. Be creative. Go for it.




Yeah I was thinking much the same.

I feel like I can't maintain that motivation - it comes along with the alleviation of my other symptoms and lasts for a couple of days out of the year. I can try and avoid re-establishing those old habits (and do) but it just makes the transition slower.

Thank you very much for your input!



Infinitys Minute said:
I've never had antidepressants or similar.
I have huge prejudice against them and am afraid of side effects or of losing myself in them... or of them affecting me negatively in a way I can't really see from my perspective. Perhaps I should just suck it up and try out some antidepressants after all.

Schopenhauer said:
Talking therapy is good too, but the "symptoms" you're describing will/may  probably not be hugely helped by such.
Caveat: don't get sucked into just taking pills as an approach to your health. Be mindful of the effects and take control. When you have your motivation back make sure you don't just re-establish old patterns, even if they feel comfortable. Push yourself. Be creative. Go for it.




Yeah I was thinking much the same.

I feel like I can't maintain that motivation - it comes along with the alleviation of my other symptoms and lasts for a couple of days out of the year. I can try and avoid re-establishing those old habits (and do) but it just makes the transition slower.

Thank you very much for your input!



NP. If I can somewhat reassure you from my experience with Mirtazipine (dunno what it's trade name is) then in a sense I experienced nothing at all! 2 side effects, of minimal consequence: a bit of yawning (not tired, though) and a slightly delayed orgasm reflex (10mg Mirtazipine is sometimes prescribed for guys with premature ejaculation problems). Other than that I "felt" nothing consciously, except that within a few weeks I felt OK in myself. I took them for 2 years (which is about the average recommended time if one has had a major depressive episode) and that was 4 years ago. Still feel fine. Always come off any psychiatric drugs over a period of several weeks, depending on the dose and what how long you've been on them. They can have some withdrawal effects if you do it quickly. Oh, and it may be a personal prejudice of mine, but I'd advise avoiding Prozac and Seroxat. Evidence shows that they are a bit problematical. They are quite old now, after all.
Peace.


--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Schopenhauer]
    #16901240 -

Since we are already into drug and dosage advice, and I have no clue about that I won't begin to guess about it.

The thing I get from OP that strikes me most is the Helpless part of depression.  Perhaps because a part of depression is feeling helpless but apart from that even when feeling good the depression lurks.  There is no power to stop it.  It's like watching a train wreck you know will happen in slow motion and feeling the fear and dread the whole time.  Hitting the wall or rolling down the cliff might be relief.

Just my thoughts like passing trains in the night hopefully we never meet.

Helpless.



--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit by another wave of depression. I feel alone, afraid and helpess. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16901312 -

Infinitys Minute said:
I've dealt with depression my whole life.
There's more to it than just depression, but I'm not sure exactly what.
I believe I have depersonalisation and derealisation or something closely related as well.


Anyway, things go in cycles and waves. Sometimes it's bad, other times not so bad. When it's bad everything is flat and grey and far away, I don't enjoy anything, I have no motivation, it seems like my food has almost no taste at all etc.



Hello Infinitys Minute :smile:

Im someone who has felt depressed for many years (i came close to taking my life when i was in my early 20's).

As i still struggle with depression, i can't really give you any good advice, but somethings that has helped me are;

Find a passion. What do you love doing?, well if it's possible, do it everyday?

if you can't do it everyday then do the things you love as often as you can.
before finding out about magic mushrooms, i felt down quite a lot, and the strangest thing was that in one day, i could feel amazing and then a few hours later im wishing i was dead.
sometimes i'd be down for days, where nothing felt good. in a sense, i had fallen down and needed to get back on my feet.
(can be a slow process, not helped by the rat race we find ourselves in).

now that i know about shrooms, i trip once a week listening to my favorite music, man i so love it!!!!
thing is, when im at work, having a crap day, i think about the next trip, or the last one, or anything else that makes me happy (it puts a smile on my face, even if it's just for a moment).

when im not able to do the things i love, i think about the next time i'll be able to, and when im doing the things i love, im very very happy :smile:

Sometimes even when doing the things i love, the depression is too strong. so i end up having a bad day. but, i eventually get back up on my feet and try again (start again).
life is about falling down, and learning from it and getting backup, a little bit the wiser.

at the end of the day, don't give up, it will only make things worse. never give up!!

second, is just focus on today.

i know it's not always possible, but how many people have died on a tuesday and they spent half of monday worrying about tuesday. just wasted energy.

third, buy a motorbike:thumbup:

far out, how freeing is riding a bike, start small but when the time is right, get a 1000cc bike, the power is amazing, you could die, but you die having fun :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
x [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #16901325 -

x


--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/08/16 04:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16901340 -

I have really bad depression. I fount out that eating healthy, excersing and taking 5-htp and taking omega 3 supplements help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
x [Re: ChemicalBond]
    #16901362 -

x


--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/08/16 04:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16901383 -

Infinitys Minute said:
I'm now feeling much more at ease with the idea of antidepressants.
Is it possible for an antidepressant to help me with depersonalisation derealisation and things of that nature?



Hello again.

my doctor prescribed me zoloft, and i'll be honest, i did feel much better, but zoloft had some side affects that made me go off them.
My doctor has now prescribed cymbalta, but i haven't taken any yet as im lead to believe it will decrease the affects of shrooms, and right now im loving shrooms too much.

zoloft was working, i truly felt happy, and no longer felt bad for a good month or two, but then it's affect started to wear off. As my doctor and psychologist said, pain and sadness is normal, so you will still feel it, hopefully just not as often.

hope you can one day be free of this prison.

Edited by blessed (09/24/12 09:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16901443 -

Yes im currently on a antipsychotics it made me gain weight which help trigger my depression. The way antipsychotics work is that they block your serotonin and dopamine. The problem is if i come off them they will cause me a lot of withdrawl symptoms because ive been on them for a while. I currently take 100 mg of htp a day and to tell you the truth it's hard for me to tell any difference because the other drugs are blocking my dopamine and serotonin supply. So Since im not getting much serotonin i suffer from excessive hunger which has caused me severe weight gain. Doctors are like dictators don't take their meds they will lock up and throw you in hospital and drain you of all your money to pay off the bills of an involuntary hosptial visit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm afraid. [Re: blessed]
    #16901507 -

blessed said:
Infinitys Minute said:
I'm now feeling much more at ease with the idea of antidepressants.
Is it possible for an antidepressant to help me with depersonalisation derealisation and things of that nature?



Hello again.

my doctor prescribed me zoloft, and i'll be honest, i did feel much better, but zoloft had some side affects that made me go off them.
My doctor has now prescribed cymbalta, but i haven't taken any yet as im lead to believe it will decrease the affects of shrooms, and right now im loving shrooms too much.

zoloft was working, i truly felt happy, and no longer felt bad for a good month or two, but then it's affect started to wear off. As my doctor and psychologist said, pain and sadness is normal, so you will still feel it, hopefully just not as often.

hope you can one day be free of this prison.



Hi. Zoloft (Sertraline) and other antidepressants will not negatively interfere with mushrooms. If ANYTHING they will increase the effects,as they are 5HT agonists. A potential problem might be serotinergic syndrome (look it up) which can possibly be fatal. But it's fairly unlikely.
But one should always be careful of ALL drug combinations, of course.
Peace.


--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hit by another wave of depression. I feel alone, afraid and helpess. [Re: Infinitys Minute]
    #16901541 -

HI, First I am glad that you have chosen to express how your feeling here. In the past when I have felt desperate---worst times were my twenties (how old are you if you don't mind me asking? Or you can just tell me if your in your 20s), so much so, I have randomly phoned up various people--strangers--often telephone counsellors and just unloaded how I have been feeling, and it does help..

I knew as soon as you shared this that some following posts would be recommending 'psychiatric medication'. I cannot choose for you, but personally I see this culture pushing a mental illness myth, and there is no actual medical science to support it. It is social control, and what it dores--a big part of it--is to divert attention away from the REAL reasons people feel desperate like for example, we are fukin slaves to a meaningless mean-arsed system, and by balming us for being 'mentally ill' ALL of the other stuff magically disappears--Dr John Breeding calls this a 'magic act'. They are even targeting kids now in their homes and schools calling them 'ADHD' etc if they dont 'pay attention' and 'fit in'--so these fukers are ruthless and without any morals whatsoever. So I loved it at first when you rightly said you were wary about these deugs.
I personally would recommend the only alternative (provided by the State) I have chosen myself in the past--Person Centred Counselling. What it is is that you ask your doctor to be referred to one (PCC for short), and from experience it is VERY important you have them give you a letter confirming they will make you an appointment, because several times the dumbfuck doctors have let me down, and this is made worse because the waiting time for one is about 8 months, so imagine--if the doctor has not done what they should you wait and wait, and then nothing. So definitely get written confirmation s/he has sent off a referral for you.
Why is it good? Well you can share your deepest feelings with them and they LISTEN--that's what they're trained to do, and they encourage you feel what is bothering you.

I am wondering, when did this terrible sense of isolation begin? As a child? Can you remember the first time you felt isolated? I had an AWFUl time throughout my schooling. I have these times where I go into this strange trance when seeing concrete steps and the type of disinfectant that cleaners use on them. I wondered about this feeling, and one day it clicked. When I was at my first school I did not feel right with the other kids (though I had friends at home), and being of a skin tone darker than the all white kids, I would get picked on which I hated. I would hang around near the cleaning women who had mops and buckets! So did---a little k8id in a strange horrible building, feeling isolated, and not understanding why---this is what we put many of our children through. Torture. So this trance I go in when I hear and see mops and buckets and smell concrete steps etc is that unspeakable loneliness a little kid might feel--far away from home and love, and fearful. Isolated. trapped.

So it is important to look for the source of how your feeling.

Also. How IS your life? What are you doing? Do you like your life?

here is the place--as an ananoymous poster--to really express how you are feeling. I hope you do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
x [Re: zzripz]
    #16904002 -

x


--------------------
All my posts are completely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only, images I use, post or reference on this account are sourced from the internet and are not my own.

Edited by Infinitys Minute (10/08/16 04:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Pineal Gland, LSD and Serotonin Twirling 1,528 10 09/30/03 12:31 AM
by Ped
* Hammering your girlfriend- Symbolic and Literal language.
( 1 2 all )
gettinjiggywithit 2,951 34 02/03/06 01:55 PM
by gettinjiggywithit
* Girlfriend Problems
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
lolwhut 5,345 90 07/22/07 02:20 PM
by Icelander
* Girlfriend Grav 1,039 4 04/25/02 08:38 AM
by Pachanguero
* my girlfriend saw an angel at church... MiRrOr 291 0 01/22/07 10:12 PM
by
* meditation, third eye, and the bible...
( 1 2 all )
Smack31 6,923 26 07/15/02 01:24 PM
by llib
* Strange Personal Tales Swami 1,034 5 02/09/02 05:04 PM
by cxz
* Wanting to fuck
( 1 2 3 all )
mr_kite 10,121 59 01/26/07 06:11 PM
by fireworks_god

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,570 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.