Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I'm Going to the Woods
    #1687010 -

I'm going to the woods because I wish to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I cannot learn what it has to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I have not lived. I do not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor do I wish to practise resignation, unless it is quite necessary. I want to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that is not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proves to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it is sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion.

I leave tomorrow at noon.  I'll miss you all when I'm gone!  :frown: :crazy:

:heart:Peace,:heart:

:sun:RebelSteve:sun:

 


--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm Going to the Woods [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1687031 -

More power to you. Sounds like it should be a satisfying and meaningful experience. Have fun!


--------------------
huh????

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm Going to the Woods [Re: Pala]
    #1687075 -

Enjoy the stay at Mom's!!  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  We'll catch you in August!

Love & Light,

Auntie Boppity  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm Going to the Woods [Re: Boppity604]
    #1687091 -

i'm just trippin and don't know hwats goin on and I thought I should post

Peace out


--------------------
AH HA....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm Going to the Woods [Re: Boppity604]
    #1687095 -

:grin:

For those who don't know, the passage in my first post is from the famous book Walden by Henry David Thoreau.

Here is a link to a page with lots of other great quotes from him.

I really am leaving to go live in the woods, though, and for those reasons, too.  My mom owns 52 acres of what is practically forest property, and I will be camping out in the woods there for (hopefully) a month.  I see that a few other people here are doing or have done something similar, and I think that is great! :smile:

I'll see you all when I get back!

-RebelSteve 


--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm Going to the Woods [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1687143 -

Make the best of it. I have done this befor but for 3 months, and it was very enlightening for me. My only advice would be to situate yourself next to a stream. I survived (and survived well) off of fish and berries and various roots.

When (and if) you come back youll be happy for the simple comforts civilization affords, but youll be affected profoundly by your personal time surviving (in the purest sense) and a bit distanced from the rest of the 'civilised' world... I wanted to scream to people how wonderful it can be but couldnt... well I did, but I wasnt listened to :wink: This is insanity we live in now, and people dont realise just how controlled they actually are. In the wild you can truly find yourself, a luxury current american civilisation doesnt afford for a lifetime...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm Going to the Woods [Re: lateralus]
    #1687150 -

I idolize Thoreau in a way. For someone to have such firm beliefes that they'd cut themselves off from the "world" amazes me.


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm Going to the Woods [Re: Cherk]
    #1687231 -

on a pop-culture not, my favourite comic: wolverine, has started anew.

there is a new series starting at number one, he isnt really much of a mutant, and isnt affiliated with the x-men, hes more like a tough as nails bukowski character. and on the cover of issue#2 he is reading walden.


--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm Going to the Woods [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1687712 -

enjoy the outdoors, and may mother nature treat you well! :laugh: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The 300 Spartans
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 2,199 25 09/15/09 11:58 AM
by Icelander
* meditations in a woods. Larrythescaryrex 691 2 07/13/02 03:57 PM
by Anonymous
* A walk in the woods can make you trip manna_man 1,704 15 11/29/03 03:06 AM
by Mixomatosis
* If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around...
( 1 2 3 all )
Cracka_X 3,245 48 03/26/08 09:19 PM
by Boots
* A rant in the woods trippindad82 1,199 11 05/24/07 10:37 AM
by mushbaby
* Broken yellow jacket on a gray wood grain philosophy shaggy101 712 9 12/14/03 12:28 PM
by Frog
* Two roads diverged in a wood... Kandinsky 1,925 15 08/04/08 07:38 AM
by Icelander
* america does not understand desire
( 1 2 3 all )
hills 2,567 43 10/27/04 11:36 PM
by WhiteRussian

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
908 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.