Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

My kitty
    #1584052 - 05/28/03 05:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have a cat I've had for like 4 years... anyway he's mainly an inside cat (declawed and nuetered) but when I lived in my trailer in the country I would let him go outside for an hour or two everyday... Now we live in an apartment complex 20 yards from the busiest 8 lane hwy and probably the busiest section of that hwy... not to mention all the neighbors around here. He's always at the door just meowing to go out in the evening. It gets SOOO annoying I finally broke down and let him go out. He mostly stays on the upper level here on mine and my neighbor's porch... and they have a cat almost identical to him that he likes to hang out with... it's so funny, they'll just lay on the porches facing each other... anyway a few times I've gone out to get him and he's not on the porch so I'll call for him and he'll come running in from the ditch between the apart complex and the afore mentioned hwy :crazy:

not to mention twice the neighbors downstairs have stopped me on my way to work to tell me my cat is walking on their car leaving paw prints on it. I don't think it's that big of a deal, I mean that kinda shit is gonna happen... but if their paint ever gets scratched I know they're gonna blame it on my cat (who has no claws) and I'll have to pay for a paint job. AND the neighbors have a cat almost identical to mine... so it might not even be my cat.

ALSO I used to have a roomie, so between the two of us, someone was ALWAYS home, or at least if we were both gone, it was only for a short amount of time. Now I'm gone almost all day, I leave at 7:45am, come back at around 3/3:15 then I'm off again to do hang out, goto the gym, and whatnot arount 4:30 and am not home again until 10/11... My cat loves attention and is used to someone petting him or holding him all the time.

so now he's couped up in this small apt all by himself not able to go outside.

My friend Tommie has a cat that is used to living in an apt and never getting to go outside and it seems happy... maybe I should just give my cat back to my roomie and start over again with a kitten that will get adjusted to livin in an apt

I feel so awful for him.

I'm thinking about just letting him go back to where i used to live, with my roomie. But I have invested a lot of money into this cat and most importantly, he's been my cat for like 4 years now, he was born in my closet and I rescued him when he was a baby when my dad thought he was dead... plus my roomie will expect me to buy his litter, food, and maintenence like i did when i had to move to my parents for a couple months.

*sigh* he looks so depressed now...  :frown:

what should i do with him?? 

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: My kitty [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1584129 - 05/28/03 07:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Place an advertisement, there must be someone around who would take it of your hands..

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleAdden
David Reishi Fan Club
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: My kitty [Re: Fliquid]
    #1584165 - 05/28/03 08:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That other cat framed yours? :frown:

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1584325 - 05/28/03 10:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Just keep both cats eternally high on Cat Nip and problem(s) solved :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: My kitty [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1586842 - 05/29/03 12:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

aww

I think you know what you have to do though. Its so cliche though I don't want to say it.

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1588023 - 05/29/03 07:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Get another cat to keep your kitty company, preferably the same sex. Me and my wife live in an apartment with 2 cats and we never let them out, same problem as you, we live in a high traffic area. Our cats entertain each other and we've had no problems for 8 years, my father lives in a one bedroom condo with 2 cats and no problems for him either, and the cats are genuinely happy. Cats are like people, they get bored and stir crazy, get them a buddy and they'll bond and play. At first the cats will hash out dominance for a little while but I've never seen it get out of hand, show affection to both equally and it will work out in a short amount of time. And yes, catnip can definitely ease early tensions.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: My kitty [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1588634 - 05/29/03 02:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

not to mention twice the neighbors downstairs have stopped me on my way to work to tell me my cat is walking on their car leaving paw prints on it. I don't think it's that big of a deal, I mean that kinda shit is gonna happen... but if their paint ever gets scratched I know they're gonna blame it on my cat (who has no claws) and I'll have to pay for a paint job. AND the neighbors have a cat almost identical to mine... so it might not even be my cat.

Tell them to PROVE it was your cat and piss the fuck off. :smirk:
Let him wander and be happy, or get another kitty for him to play with.....i'll ship ya mine, shes old and crippled. :tongue:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1592120 - 05/30/03 05:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Would you consider moving house?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being